Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So SNK has a new fighting game coming up as Switch exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Which is why it's perfect for the Switch audience; well that, and the audience of trans people who try to make themselves be like real-life anime girls, complete with bright hair colors and juvenile outfits.

Anyway I'll get this one eventually, the (sorta but not really) problem with 2018 is that there are already too many fighting games to be playing this year, what with Blanka being added to SFV, the upcoming SF anniversary collection, and of course the immensely popular Dragon Ball FighterZ arriving this very month.
    So you never heard of Senran Kagura: Estival VErsus on the PC and PS4, eh?

It appears they're re-using KOFXIV assets, which made me wonder for a split-second about why they aren't just porting KOFXIV over, but then I remembered:

Oh right, the limited storage and production costs of cards + the limited amount of internal storage means that stripping the cast back to being female-only is another decision that makes sense.
    Nah. It's more just for the Waifu Thieves.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Nah. It's more just for the Waifu Thieves.
    Well yeah, the waifu / idol aesthetics do appeal to the Switch crowd, for sure.

I just meant that there's also a practical purpose for the cast being female-only, too.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    That's quite the merchandise from NISA.

I may just get the game, but it's still neat to know about. And I also love the hat.

Like the OP mentioned, I'm happy to see fighting games coming to the Switch, even in a fairly steady supply.

And yeah, guys, a game named SNK Heroines has a female cast. Kind of logical and completely not in need of conspiracy theories of ulterior motives.
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 01-11-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Well yeah, the waifu / idol aesthetics do appeal to the Switch crowd, for sure.

I just meant that there's also a practical purpose for the cast being female-only, too.
    Like I Said, ever heard of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus? That game is on PC and PS4, and that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more Fanservic-y(Including nudity)

They should just call it a Gal Fighters game.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    And yeah, guys, a game named SNK Heroines has a female cast. Kind of logical
    It's also logical in the sense that it's perfect for the Switch / Nintendo audience.

I mean just look at what the Splatoon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade 2 fanbases are like.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

It's also logical in the sense that it's perfect for the Switch / Nintendo audience.

I mean just look at what the Splatoon, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade 2 fanbases are like.
    I take it you never played Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball on the X-Box, did ya?

Boobs and Booty are bad now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    >Fatal Cutie cap

I'll have 10 of those

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Bogard View Post
    Boobs and Booty are bad now?
    No but just pandering and fan service are. If a games biggest merit isn't its gameplay its failing as a game.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast