Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games announced during Direct

It's no secret the Wii U sold like absolute garbage so I think these Wii U ports are a good idea. Sadly that means all I have for me in this Direct is the TWEWY port and the new Kirby game. Glad the new Tennis game actually looks like it has effort put into it this time. Tropical Freeze is one of the greatest 2D platformers ever made and I will die on that hill, glad to see it ported over.

I do wonder if Nintendo would dare make the new Fire Emblem game their big Holiday game this year. I could see them going lax next holiday and hitting next year some big titles like Metroid, Bayonetta, and Pokemon. Honestly I only expect Pikmin 4, the new FE, and Star Allies to be the big Nintendo games this year. Retro's game maybe? But that is just such a wild card. I'll gladly be surprised though.
    Last edited by diakyu; 01-13-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

As has been pointed out to me by a friend on here, this could just be the beginning. Every Nintendo Direct Mini (and this was a Mini) has been followed within a short period of time by a full-fledged Direct, the latter which the biggest announcements are saved for.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/...-coming-soon-/

So if this latest example hold to pattern, then it could be up to a couple of weeks or shorter before a full Direct comes in. And if the announcements from the Mini was just an appetizer, I can see a lot to be enjoyed coming to the system in 2018. (Well, more than there was already)

BTW, even in the common act of just saying a random percentage to make a point, 90 is going way overboard in exaggeration.

@diakyu: Yeah, there's quite a bit of the cynical interpretation of 'buyers of the previous are being screwed over', but in terms of business and more optimistically speaking, absolutely no bad can come of giving these games another chance on a system more people are buying and at a faster-selling rate. Why shouldn't they get another chance on a more successful platform with even more flexibility to boot?

I'm still kind of waiting for YS players to give me some advice on that release, but other than that, I'm looking forward to most (not all) that's on this docket. I will admit that TWEWY and Kirby Star Allies are definite stand-outs, though, as I pointed out in-depth in my larger post.

BTW, I don't think that will be the case. I'm definitely getting it either way, but then again, we only know the year. So it is entirely possible and given the series has never been more popular, it does have the necessary clout to carry a Holiday release. I think we do likely have more surprises for the year, though.

Also, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is slated for late March. So it looks like I'm kicking off Year 2 of the system with Kirby Star Allies and HWE. Don't get me wrong, though, I still have games to get during the last remaining month(s) of Year 1.

P.S. Yeah, I just hope we finally learn the game Retro's been working on soon.

I enjoyed Tropical Freeze but am not sure I really see much value in re-releasing it; had they added another world, for example, as Tropical Freeze only had 6 instead of the usual 8, then I think this port would have justified its existence. Otherwise, not really sure what else there is to be excited for.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    It's no secret the Wii U sold like absolute garbage so I think these Wii U ports are a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    @diakyu: Yeah, there's quite a bit of the cynical interpretation of 'buyers of the previous are being screwed over', but in terms of business and more optimistically speaking, absolutely no bad can come of giving these games another chance on a system more people are buying and at a faster-selling rate. Why shouldn't they get another chance on a more successful platform with even more flexibility to boot?
    Nothing wrong with it per say, just saying it kind of takes a shovel full of sod to wii U's legacy. Plus as a person who owned and played many of these games for the wii U, it kind of just fills me full of apathy that the next batch of major releases are mostly games I either owned or beat already.

Idk, maybe the better hardware will kill of tropical freeze's loading times and I haven't played that game for some years now, so eh might give that a look, Idk for full price.

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is slated for late March.
    At least with that...it's the portable version we all really wanted and if you skipped the 3ds version, this is a definite plus.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

At least with that...it's the portable version we all really wanted
    Well.... I mean, lol...

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    I enjoyed Tropical Freeze but am not sure I really see much value in re-releasing it; had they added another world, for example, as Tropical Freeze only had 6 instead of the usual 8, then I think this port would have justified its existence. Otherwise, not really sure what else there is to be excited for.
    Basically, it's for those who never owned a Wii U, or want to take this game on the go.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Basically, it's for those who never owned a Wii U, or want to take this game on the go.
    Even those with a Wii U, the game probably gotten passed on because "Not mah Metroid" the game got branded with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Even those with a Wii U, the game probably gotten passed on because "Not mah Metroid" the game got branded with.
    Come again?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    Come again?
    Retro Studios is the same people that worked on the Metroid Prime games. Metroid fans wanted another Metroid game but Retro Studios decided to make a Donkey Kong game instead. That is why people were upset about at the time

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpeedsFan92 View Post
    Retro Studios is the same people that worked on the Metroid Prime games. Metroid fans wanted another Metroid game but Retro Studios decided to make a Donkey Kong game instead. That is why people were upset about at the time
    Oh, right, ok. lol

I was wondering why Metroid was being brought up.

Personally I was more upset that Luigi's Mansion Dark moon for screwing over the chance of a metroid game for the 3ds, but I forgave that debacle since Samus Returns ended up being a thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast