Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Games announced during Direct

  1. #21
    Senior Member Space Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Principality of Gallia
    Posts
    45,879

    Default

    So the Dark Souls remaster will be 20 FPS on Switch and 50 FPS and PS4/XBOX. Because that is how Dark Souls games are.

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Git gud, also I like how you logged in for this.

    You're talking to someone who's used to Alien Soldier, Ninja Gaiden, and US Contra Hard Corps levels of difficulty. Tropical Freeze is like a relaxation game to me.
    "-Proud to be a True Gamer-"

    Living up to your signature

  2. #22
    Senior Member Black_Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cat View Post
    So the Dark Souls remaster will be 20 FPS on Switch and 50 FPS and PS4/XBOX. Because that is how Dark Souls games are.



    "-Proud to be a True Gamer-"

    Living up to your signature
    Look on the bright side. At least those two games don't have Loot Boxes and Microtransactions(glares at EA)
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Kuronoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Zenithia
    Posts
    22,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post

    The only way this could be the case is if you only ever play on Nintendo systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by shdowhunt60 View Post
    Indeed. Dark Souls and Skyrim both have been re-released a billion times on every major platform aside from the Nintendo ones.

    Hell, that's the thing with a lot of these ports. Literally the only reason for not having playing this games is if you've been playing solely in Nintendo's walled garden. I'm glad you guys get to play the game and all, but all these games have been out in better iterations than what's on the Switch for a long time now.

    And unless they're significantly rebuilding parts of the game, $40 for this port is far too expensive. Especially when the Prepare to Die Edition on Steam is $20 right now.

    I mean, really Namco?

    Really?
    Not sure with Twilight here but that's not true for everybody. Don't assume because some haven't played a game is because "only played on Nintendo". You'll never be caught up with all these games so it is good to have a refresher release here and there. In the case of Skyrim some of us either don't care about WRPGs or started liking the genre because of games released afterward (example if you played Witcher 3 or Pillars of Eternity).


  4. #24
    Senior Member Twilight_Jedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    @Linebeck and Shdowhunt60: As far as your assumptions go, you're fine to make them, but you'd be wrong. Both of you. Now if you change the word 'play' to 'own', you'd be on the right track. Up to Gen 6, I've bought from everyone. And I even had a PS3 for a time (eventually gave it to my brother when his broke). It's true that after circumstances changed my 'buy from everyone' thing that began in Gen 4 (only had an NES from Gen 3), I've stuck with Nintendo since they're my favorite of the three console makers. However, I have played many on the other machines, just not owning them.

    I did say the opportunities were limited, not non-existent. Steam wasn't really an option because I'm not a PC gamer. The highest scale of game that I don't mind playing on a computer is the Portal games, and other than those and the original Borderlands, I prefer smaller games like the ones you can get for free. And I already mentioned the console situation. (When I had my PS3, I was more prioritizing newer games than searching for ones that I missed in the time before I got it)

    Not going to turn this into an essay because I know how that will be interpreted, but circumstances just were what they were. I've never been partisan to first-party or third-party studios as I like much of what most of both put out (EA is the one publisher I actively hate/can't stand, but otherwise...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    It's $40 for every version.
    That's good to know ahead of May.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    There are 2 other Dark Souls games. They couldn't take some time and effort and actually make this a worthwhile collection?

    Edit; hmm, so apparently this Remaster is coming to the other systems as well with just the original game, not the other 2. Strange choice, a collection would I think be a more compelling buy, but I guess it's whatever.
    Maybe, but I can see why they'd make a remaster of the first for all platforms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    30 frames, but I recall Blighttown having lousy frame rate in the original. If the game is fixed up in that area would be good to go.
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by shdowhunt60 View Post
    I'm glad you guys get to play the game and all
    I thank you for having this particular sentiment.

    I'm more interested in it being a good and competent version than the best. Being able to play anywhere more than makes up the difference for me personally, but that's what I like most about multiplatform is that we have the choice of what we want.

    And maybe it was time for all systems to get a remaster of this game. I know that some of us are late to the party for one reason or another. Is there anything really wrong with that, though? I'm personally more invested in playing a fun game rather than when it came out. I have plenty of franchises that were even available on platforms I owned that I didn't experience until years after for a multitude of reasons. I'm just glad I'm enjoying them now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Not sure with Twilight here but that's not true for everybody. Don't assume because some haven't played a game is because "only played on Nintendo". You'll never be caught up with all these games so it is good to have a refresher release here and there. In the case of Skyrim some of us either don't care about WRPGs or started liking the genre because of games released afterward (example if you played Witcher 3 or Pillars of Eternity).
    As mentioned in this post, I have (and had in one case) systems that the games were available for. I merely never got around to them. These fresh releases make it a little easier and being on a preferred platform is a bonus.

    That aside, I fully agree with what you're saying. There are multiple reasons besides what's being claimed. I even got into franchises that were front-and-center on my platforms from a few years up to a full decade after they originally released for a range of reasons. It just happens.
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 01-11-2018 at 05:12 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member fluffymoochicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cat View Post
    "-Proud to be a True Gamer-"

    Living up to your signature
    You know it.

    Btw it's still amazing that some random Nintendo fan logged in just to say that to me lol.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

    Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

  6. #26
    Senior Member Waffletiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Waffle may not think highly of me for saying it (sorry, my friend), but I'm actually excited for this. I refused to double-dip on Hyrule Warriors the first time because going from Wii U to the 3DS was a massive downgrade and I felt cheated to know that the 3DS version had extra content including in the Legends Mode (the main campaign) that the Wii U wouldn't get. However, we now have a version coming with the content of both versions in one along with all DLC included. Having both Nintendo/Dynasty Warriors collaboration spin-off crossovers on the system (Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors) could actually be a wise move on Koei Tecmo's part. Having the content of both versions, all DLC included, and the inclusion of Breath of the Wild skins for Link and Zelda has more than convinced me to double-dip this time for the version coming to Nintendo Switch.
    Thing is, if I owned a Switch, I would be tempted by this version even though it really is a sucker edition. However, I've logged over 400 hours on the Wii U version of the game. I 100% cleared all adventure maps. Basically the only things I could still do in the game are grind every character to lvl 256 and farm perfect weapons for everybody. And boy howdy, I do NOT want to redo all that work on a second version. I'd love to see the additional story mode levels and adventure maps. I really would. But redo all that progress I already did sounds miserable to me. The only way they could convince me to pick up this game is if there was a way to transfer save progress from your Wii U.

    And it's still a sucker edition.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

  7. #27
    Senior Member pirovash88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Little Mexico
    Posts
    10,248

    Default

    So like 90% ports and remasters?

    Nah, I'm aight.
    Last edited by pirovash88; 01-11-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

  8. #28
    Senior Member fluffymoochicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirovash88 View Post
    So like 90% ports and remasters?

    Nah, I'm aight.
    It sure is a good thing that no Nintendo fans have ever mocked other systems for having lots of ports and remasters, otherwise they might seem mighty hypocritical right now!
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

    Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

  9. #29
    Senior Member Twilight_Jedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    @Waffle: Never used that term myself and was indifferent about it, but lately, I'm just starting to hate it. Tossed around just a bit too loosely and too often on all platforms.

    I fully respect your reasons for not double-dipping and your opinion that it's an SE, but it's not just us who these are aimed at either. It's also for those who never had a Wii U (and that's a big number considering Switch is about to overtake Wii U's lifetime sales in Year 1, which doesn't end for another couple of months). I couldn't tell you how many I know, even personally in real life, who own a Switch and yet never bought its immediate predecessor. As for me, I already went into the additions that win me over to double-dipping for the Definitive Edition and stop it from being an SE in my eyes, so I won't waste any time on that.


    To each their own, my friend. I look forward to continuing our talks on the titles we do/will mutually own.

    Speaking of which, I'm going to get through the rest of Friends to the End soon, so I can give my full thoughts on Shantae: Half Genie Hero's final DLC in the appropriate thread. ^___^


    @Topic: Regarding my item-by-item comments, I'm just going to bring back the one that was a genuine inquiry and the only one where my only mental thought is simply 'unsure.'

    If any fans/players of the franchise in question could give me some advice, I'd very greatly appreciate it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA - I've never really played the Ys games, so I don't know whether or not to be excited. It looks great, and I've always been mildly interested in the IP. Genuinely asking, does anyone more familiar with it think this could be a good entry to enter the franchise with?

  10. #30
    Senior Member BlackmageZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    6,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirovash88 View Post
    So like 90% ports and remasters?

    Nah, I'm aight.
    Kind of seems nintendo is trying to deeply bury the wii U 6 feet under re releasing it's best games/exclusives.

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    It sure is a good thing that no Nintendo fans have ever mocked other systems for having lots of ports and remasters, otherwise they might seem mighty hypocritical right now!
    Well it's kind of hard for some to lose credibility they never had.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."







Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •