Thread: Weapons used

Default Weapons used

I just kinda want to know what kind of snipers everyone used and what parts they use to make a good sniper. My hound is made with quad legs that load 6160 pounds and i use a generaly light weight cockpit and a light power supply with 4 light snipers on each side and a saber on top of the cockpit. What about everyone else?

color failure
    super sniper rifles activate!

Colour failure.
    My posts contain my opinion.
    The CH sega board, where slating the games bad points is countered by ignorant fanboys that use insults that a 3rd grader would use.
    (ಠ_ృ)

Most people run 3 SC 200s and MGs or Mushmis on Naqa legs. Gators are common as well as skinny snipers.
    GT: x Papa Voodoo x
    Squad: House of Voodoo #60

I dont 'think' that build is going to "Cut the Custard" try somthing from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chh9hTIBLfY

Color Failure.
    [MKCHEONG001]

I personally lean towards a gator with either SC200s or Sabers. Alot of folks also like the wing and skinny builds, but I don't like how the shot groups spread out on either of those builds. There is a tendency for the newer players (no offense) to want to reinvent the wheel, but you will find with enough time that there are really only a few really accurate and durable builds that can generate enough damage to be effective snipers. Trust in those who came before you and try an established HOUND design at least until you have enough time to really know how to get accuracy out of a three or four sniper cannon shot group at longish (600-800) ranges. Beyond that range and alot of times it's just luck in finding a target that either isn't aware of your position or is too slow to dodge the shots. My two pennies worth...
    'Ephialtes, I hope you live forever.'
    GT: DJ1977, Sqd: 172st HST

Sc200's are the way forward for sure. Some people use the Sc100's as the grouping can be alot tighter than the 200's but the range is less and they lack the punch of the 200's.

Its pointless using any other sniper's unless you can hit with every single shot then use some sabre's.

If you have any views or opinions on what you have just read please, by all means, feel free to keep them to yourself!

I usually stack sc200's on each side. I start with some good mobility, (skinny legs), put a semi-heavy generator on top of those legs and hook the cockpit to the back so it's protected. (To some extent). Ill then mount SC200's on either side of the generator. I tend to use 4x4 grouping with my weapons. It works quite well and is quite accurate and stable, if you've got a good spot to stand on and aren't worried about other snipers or HOUNDs sneaking up on you. This is also a good build for other RT's, (sometimes ill mount cannons or howies instead of rifles, although you may want a heavier mobility base to reduce the knockback). (God I'd love to post a video of my HOUNDs on here..)
    Last edited by Brentster; 04-27-2010 at 12:12 PM.