Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giri Giri, the Sega Saturn Emulator

Default Giri Giri, the Sega Saturn Emulator

To those that do not know, Giri Giri is a controversial emulator with a long history. It was the best in existence, SEGA bought it shortly after, used it for commercial uses, then it was cracked and the story goes on...

Nowadays, SEGA could not care less about Giri Giri, but someone does, the Cassini Team. They wish to legally improve and finish the best Saturn emulator ever available. They need SEGA's permission for that. SEGA was already contacted and now the team awaits a reply from the SEGA of Japan legal center, a reply that will probably never happen.

The Cassini Team wishes to bring to everyone the magic of Saturn for those that were ignorant and did not get one when they could. Therefore, I start this thread here to expose my opinion that SEGA should legalize Giri Giri for FREE use on the PCs. More, SEGA might make a contract to let the free version exist, but with a payback that SEGA _might_ one day publish the final version of Giri Giri for their new possible system as a commercial release. I propose this because it is an agreement that benefits both sides, so aside with past differences the future can be promising, which is something I and most people wish.

The URL of the Cassini Team's site: http://www.barnitos.net/cassini/

Banned

And if people were to ignorant to get a Saturn when they were released then that's their problem.

Emulation isn't legal btw...
    It's using the BIOS without owning a Saturn BIOS that is iliegal.

Senior Member white dream machine's Avatar

My saturn is broken, I'd love to put my hands on this emulator.
    Playing - Guacamelee! / COD Ghosts - Xbox one
    Mass Effect 3/ SSFIV/ KOF 2013 - Xbox 360

Gamertag - johny vega
    "We live to make the impossible possible" - FFXIII

Quote Originally Posted by gearguy
    And if people were to ignorant to get a Saturn when they were released then that's their problem.

Emulation is legal btw...
    It's using the BIOS without owning a Saturn BIOS that is iliegal.
    Gearguy, I think he is referring to the illegal hacked girigiri.. not long after giri giri was bought a group of people reverse engineered the binaries and managed to get somethign they could work with.. they then created their own illegal giri giri which is an infringement on the copyright .... what cassini wants to do is improve the original giri giri legally.. which i dont think is such a bad idea

also try to refrain from attacking people like that.. (i dont make the rules )

Finally someone understanding the things. Thank you felow pyrox for your good and valid opinion.

Well, emulation is legal if it is legally liscensed (Like what Casani Team is doing).

Sure would be something nice to have... There are lots of imports that I want for Saturn.
    "Woh! Clash! Into the rolling morning
    Flash! I'm in the coolest driver's high
    Rai se de mata aou! Yeah!"

-L'Arc en Ciel (Driver's High)

Banned

I wonder if people ever realize that the you are suppose to refrain from talking about emultion. (ex roms, emulators etc?)

There`s nothing wrong with talking about emulation. Talking about where to get roms/isos is a diffrent story.
    Currently playing:
    Last of us Demo
    Uncharted 3
    KOA Reckoning

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by straycat
    There`s nothing wrong with talking about emulation. Talking about where to get roms/isos is a diffrent story.
    Well, you tell someone the name of something and they'll figure out the rest.

Heres the name of something ------>Bleemcast.

Go figure out how to run the proposed 100 + emulators a disk without bugs.
    Currently playing:
    Last of us Demo
    Uncharted 3
    KOA Reckoning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast