Thread: An update from Rebellion

Default An update from Rebellion

Hi guys, just bringing you the latest update:

Unprecedented demand for Aliens vs Predator following the release of the cross-platform demo yesterday morning brought to light matchmaking issues on the PC platform resulting in players having to wait to join games, or even not find games at all.

We’re pleased to say later in the day the issue was corrected and a small patch to the PC executable next time you launch it from Steam will have you finding and playing games using Quick Match as it was intended.

While this issue did not affect the Xbox 360, we are with SEGA’s assistance investigating reports of a similar nature on the PlayStation 3 and working flat out on a solution.

The full game features the ability to browse for and create games but for the purposes of simplicity the demo was limited to matchmaking, alongside the ability to set up groups with friends which mitigated yesterday’s issues for many.

We’re really sorry that this issue tainted a day in which we saw many people get hands on with AvP for the first time and we’re hugely gratified by the positive feedback to the game.

Well they work hard. For example Infinity Ward sucks, this guys work very hard.

Yeah I noticed it on the PSN when searching alone, but as a group it's not as bad. When I do get into a game I'm having heaps of fun, I can't wait to actually unlock stuff.

Thanks for the updates.

is there any update on time frame untill the ps3 issue is fixed?

I've got into one game throughout the whole day... bloody loved it while it lasted but man im sick of waiting to find a match...

Priority = PLAYSTATION 3
    http://multiplayer4developers.webgain.se

Marine - Because i like the odds.

Priority? We have been waiting since yesterday and there is a PC patch, and no for PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneMadrid View Post
    Priority? We have been waiting since yesterday and there is a PC patch, and no for PS3.
    patch which by the way has fixed the lol "searching for games" waiting until you join a lobby.

Well done Rebellion, doing things so fast is something weird nowadays, so kudos to you, now take care of the ps3 guys please, they are customers as well
    "We will survive Galm 1"

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneMadrid View Post
    PS3 is the #1 platform.
    http://multiplayer4developers.webgain.se

Marine - Because i like the odds.

Steam allows developers to immediately patch their game without verification, Sony needs to go through an approval process before the patch can be distributed, though it's not as bad as Microsoft certification.