Thread: Gamepad not working IN GAME (PC VERSION)

Default Gamepad not working IN GAME (PC VERSION)

Hey, I have been playing multiplayer since this game got out, really love it and all. But I want to use my TV for the single player experiance, and I see that the game is able to detect gamepads. Now I hooked up my Logitech RumblePad 2, it detects it and I am able to use the menus, but once I enter the actual game I cannot use the gamepad at all, it just dosent detect it, and when I get a tip on say, how to turn or jump, it just says "press "?" to perform a jump"

In other words the game recognizes my gamepad in the menus but not in the game, I have tried with my wireless rumble pad 2 aswell, and also a PS2 gamepad clone which I have, non work.

So what can be done?

I have got a similar, though not exactly the same, issue with the Xbox 360 controller on the PC game - see the following thread...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=316971

Mine was working fine up until yesterday when it stopped working even though it continues to work with all other steam and non-steam games. I just think this is a very buggy game compounded by the fact it runs through Steam. I'm going to try a re-install though someone has suggested that Steam may have disabled gamepads (can anyone verify this or not?)

Fingers crossed for a solution!
    Last edited by Bullbreaker; 02-24-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Well, another uninstall of the 360 contoller drivers with Revo to delete the registry enties and a complete re-install of the game has done nothing to cure this problem. I very much suspect this has something to do with the Steam client and the way in which is handles the game saves and settings...

As the PR posted does anybody know a fix for this? Can you contact rebellion?? It says it works with game pad which ones?? How do you find out?? Not looking for similiar post! I have the exact same problem with the logitech game pad how do you fix???

Has your gamepad ever worked Diablo?

Anyway, I have now tried a clean re-install of the controller drivers, steam client and game but still can't use the damn thing! The fact that I was using it originally, and people are still using it, shows it is possible and that steam hasn't changed anything on their side

Has anyone got any other ideas as I've got absolutely no idea where to go from here...

Incidentally, is there a config file for the game (screen resolution, graphics options etc.) or the like held on the local PC or is it stored server side?

Thanks
    Last edited by Bullbreaker; 02-25-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Default 360 controller

My x box 360 controller doesn't work in the demo mode.

This is an issue with a number if games including CODMW2.

I use a program called pinnacle game profiler. Download the free trial version, configure the controller to the settings you want, launch the game through the profiler then disable gamepad setting in AVP options.

The program is about 15, well worth it also has the rapid fire option on hand guns, great little function. Let me know if it works.

the profiler takes a little getting used to. there are no official or un official profiles for the controller out yet so you will have to set your own.

Right, so I install the game on my laptop, and that did not fix the problem either. I had a feeling something was wrong with my otherwise always 100% working PC, but this game seriously fails when looking at how it runs, gamepad fail. These small bugs seriously are hurting the game and how ppl look at it. I am begining to agree with the online reviewers more and more , day by day.