Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing during game ( PS3 )

Default Freezing during game ( PS3 )

It seems older phat PS3's and some xbox 360's are experiencing this bug wherein you enter combat in either the arena or a random battle and the game gets stuck on the loading screen or when the bullet marks show up on the screen.

I have personally had this happen multiple... multiple... multiple times and it is making this otherwise very fun game unplayable for me ( I like it even more than FF13 ). This is also my third game disc now for the PS3 and I will be taking it back to gamestop tomorrow and picking it up for the 360 to see if that ( hopefully ) solves the problem. But I am worried because I am hearing that a few people are having the same problem for the 360.

I should also point out that I can still quit out of the game with the controller and restart it from the PS3 menu. But changing saves has not worked. Installing it to the hard drive does not work. Some guy even recomended changing user accounts and that didn't work for me either.

This has been really frustrating and dissapointing.

Wow I have been playing ROF since it was release so far I haven't had any problems with the game loading or anything else. I am playing it on the Xbox 360 so I hope this problem starts outta nowhere now. (Knocks on wood)
    Believe in yourself and create your own Destiny,
    Dont Fear Fate!
    Wandering Student

ps3 slim - no issues... Did you install or are you playing off disk?

I have installed and then deleted it... then reinstalled... and then deleted it again. Still froze.

Not sure if you feel like doing this, but if you have the receipt, you may want to try swamping it for another copy. Tell them it's a defective disk and when you reach a certain point the disk freezes. It sucks to go out your way, but the sooner the better. There arent too many copies out there and to be stuck with the only defective one would suck. If it happens again after that or on other games as well then it might be a system problem. I hope not and I doubt it, but I'd swap that disk asap if you have the option to. There were only 3 copies in the store when my brother got his.

Default no problems

I have a phat ps3 80gig no problems. Did you try vacuuming the side of the vents get some dust off.

Pretty sure its the game as FF13 works just fine. And I have already returned the PS3 version 3 times, I just got the Xbox 360 version not an hour ago.

Thankyou tho for the idea I will vacuum my vents later just to be on the safe side but I rather doubt that is the case because I have an intercooler on my PS3 ( best one I could find ).

Jya-ne

I have the 360 version and it froze once but never again.

An unknown place between Roundrock and Taylor

Thumbs down

Having the same problem. The freezing is making the game unplayable. 60GB phat user here. Haven't even tried combat yet.

I'm having the exact same problem, I can't even start the actual game beyond watching the opening FMV.

This sounds like more than a production issue and more like a bug. I've opened a support issue with Sega, and with any luck I don't have to go through three copies to get one that works since I don't have a 360.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast