If you hare having Technical problems with the game, please contact our support team at http://help.sega.com/
Alpha Protocol is out today in the UK and will be releasing in the US shortly on June 1st. This thread is a place where you can post your helpful tips and advice on puzzles, relationships, or just offer generalized advice.
This thread will be a bit more moderated than others, so we can consolidate feedback into a more concise format. Please feel free to post any helpful advice or tips!
I'll start - I've noticed that the word search style hacking mini-game has caused some confusion and I would like to offer some support for those looking for a leg up:
Hacking Mini Game (word search)
This mini game gave me some trouble when I first hit it and I've seen others struggle with it when you get to it in the tutorial. I have a few tips to make it easier:
- If you find you can't find you can't complete the puzzle, back out to cancel the attempt and try again. This shouldn't set an alarm and allow you another stab at completing, but the numbers an placement will change.
- You can move both sets of numbers independently, so I find it useful to move both number sets at the same time. I find if I focus on a single number string, then I'll usually come across the wrong set, and miss the opportunity to line it up. If you move both, there's a better chance of getting it secured.
Gear and Skill Advantages
The puzzles will start out hard and get harder, but there are ways to offset the difficulty.
- The Sabotage skill track will give you access to a few methods to make this easier. First rank gives you an option to use EMP grenades to short out any mini-game instantly to gain access. You must have EMP grenades in your inventory to perform the bypass.
- The second rank in Sabotage, Breaking & Entering, will make the puzzle easier, making the number string longer and easier to spot as well as extending the timer. Over time, the puzzles will get harder, so you'll have to keep investing in this Skill track to get the benefits as you get later into the game.
- Equipment can also be purchased that will increase your effectiveness in all mini-games. I believe it's called Printed Circuitry, which grants a medium bonus, with a more advanced version offered later in the game (length depends on who you ally with and what missions you play).