Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast Makes a Digital Return!

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Default Dreamcast Makes a Digital Return!

It's still thinking: Two of the games released on SEGA's last home console system, the Dreamcast, are making a triumphant return to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network! Coming later this year, the debut digital release will be Sonic Adventure, followed by the wild-driving zaniness of Crazy Taxi.
    If you lived & loved Dreamcast a decade ago, now is your chance to relive some of your favorites -- and if you never owned one, you can now dive right in and experience some of the most creative and compelling games to show up on the system.

Sonic Adventure will arrive in the Fall of 2010. This game marked Sonic's debut on a sixth generation console system, and features multiple playable characters in a 3D world, super-fast Sonic gameplay, and of course, the ever-popular Chao Gardens. Sonic Adventure's release on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network will mark the 11th anniversary of the Dreamcast's release.
    Crazy Taxi, meanwhile, provides the kind of wild arcade-powered fun that felt perfectly at home on the Dreamcast: the game's title is as apt as can be, as the player pilots a taxi cab around a fully-realized city modeled after San Francisco, complete with plenty of steep hills to send your taxi airborn as you cart terrified passengers to their destination (or wherever you feel like taking them).

But maybe a bigger story than these two games coming out is just the fact that Dreamcast is here again. While SEGA has brought back and highlighted some of the amazing games from its Master System and Genesis era, this is the first time in years that the Dreamcast era of SEGA history has been brought to the forefront.
    “The Dreamcast is fondly remembered by a large community of dedicated fans as a console that was ahead of its time in terms of graphics, quality and online gaming” commented Haruki Satomi, VP of Digital Business at SEGA of America and SEGA Europe. “There are few things that are more requested from us than making Dreamcast classics available for download in today’s digital market place. We’re very excited to begin offering gamers our beloved Dreamcast titles again on the current console systems.”

Each game is based on the original Dreamcast incarnation, featuring all of the gameplay that older players fell in love with. The games incorporate all-new enhancements and features such as high resolution visuals and surround sound. There will also be online leader boards, allowing players to compare their skills with friends across the world! In addition to this, all-new Achievement and Trophy integration will be available for each game released.
    Launched on September 9, 1999, the SEGA Dreamcast was ahead of its time -- critically acclaimed and still loved by fans, the system featured such innovations as being the first console to have online gaming, and even had the capability to run a web browser.

Both Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi will be playable at this year's E3 as well, so check them out there or stay tuned for more news -- and give a big 'welcome back' the Dreamcast!

Excited? Tell us about what games you want to see return in this thread, or head to the Official Speculation thread in the Digital forum:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=330372

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

I'm sending you digital hugs ATM.

Thank you so much!

Big in HD

THE HORRORSS

What games to have return? PSO Ep.I&II
    7/7/10

What in hell has happened this whole time?

I asked this in another topic, but I guess this is the best topic for me to ask instead of the "what games do you want to return" topic. :>

Clumsy, do you know anything about a possibility of these Dreamcast digital releases coming to PC (through Steam)? I ask this mostly because ESRB listed Sonic Adventure recently for PS3, XBox360 and PC.
    Also, even though Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing was released for the PC, there's no mention of it on SEGA's website (as far as I know), that's why I'm wondering if the same is happening to Sonic Adventure, not being listed on SEGA's website for the PC but being released for it anyway. ^^;

Another question is if Sonic Adventure will be truly in 720p (that is, 1280x720, widescreen), or if it's just going to be 4:3 with black borders, like in the screenshots.

I guess I'm kinda being a bit annoying, asking these questions in different topics, but I'm really curious about them. :3
    PSO2 JP: Ezodagrom, Johana, Blune, Luppi, Lana, Yukari
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/114971098@N06/

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ezodagrom View Post
    I asked this in another topic, but I guess this is the best topic for me to ask instead of the "what games do you want to return" topic. :>

Clumsy, do you know anything about a possibility of these Dreamcast digital releases coming to PC (through Steam)? I ask this mostly because ESRB listed Sonic Adventure recently for PS3, XBox360 and PC.
    Also, even though Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing was released for the PC, there's no mention of it on SEGA's website (as far as I know), that's why I'm wondering if the same is happening to Sonic Adventure, not being listed on SEGA's website for the PC but being released for it anyway. ^^;

Another question is if Sonic Adventure will be truly in 720p (that is, 1280x720, widescreen), or if it's just going to be 4:3 with black borders, like in the screenshots.

I guess I'm kinda being a bit annoying, asking these questions in different topics, but I'm really curious about them. :3
    Noted, but we're only talking about what's been currently released. This will be passed up the chain o' command, but I don't have any new info for you.

If you have ideas - just let us know, I posted a game feedback thread that's in the Digital forum - you can post what games you want there and note the PC concerns you have.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsyorchid View Post
    Noted, but we're only talking about what's been currently released. This will be passed up the chain o' command, but I don't have any new info for you.

If you have ideas - just let us know, I posted a game feedback thread that's in the Digital forum - you can post what games you want there and note the PC concerns you have.
    Thanks for the reply. ^_^
    I posted in that topic sometime before posting here, also saying there one game that I would like to see in the future (Sonic Adventure 2). :3
    PSO2 JP: Ezodagrom, Johana, Blune, Luppi, Lana, Yukari
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/114971098@N06/

Sonic Adventure 2 seems logical... I'd actually be a bit annoyed if they didn't include the sequel. The dreamcast Phantasy Star game perhaps. Don't see the point in Shenmue 1 and 2 because we'll probably never see Shenmue 3... I wouldn't mind an update of Chu Chu Rocket either.

it's a pity SA doesn't have proper widescreen although if the game is truely rendering at least in high resolution (1280x or something) and antialiasing 4x or something at least it'll look a lot nicer and surround sound seems cool

MrFranklin "UltraHD Brotherhood" Grandmaster
    In celebration of fourth generation 3D graphics
    and the coming of Pro consoles.
    Join us.

Hey Clumsy can you tell me if Crazy Taxi still has The Offspring and Bad Religion? If not can you guys see if you could get the licence to have their music in it?
    Gamertag: SargeSparta - Nintendo Network: SargeSparta - Steam Username: SargeSparta - PSN: SargeSparta - 3DS: 3840-6234-5570

Exclamation

I was trying to send this email but I can put it here. Also could you make those 2 games available on wii ware? I have a game cube controller to play it on. I loved the sonic adventure series but i don't have xbox or playstation.

Dear Sega,
    I went to the chao laboratory website . Then I noticed there were
    no updates since 2004. I thought maybe it was because no one played
    it. I love Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and i still play it. I would like
    to request to chao's and sega to put a new game for game systems that
    is Sonic adventure XD. Dexter's Cut and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle as a
    combo pack game for the latest systems. There would be the chao lobby
    but this time the areas from sonic adventure XD would have portals to
    them in the lobby. I think may be those areas are unlock able trough
    the Sonic Adventure XD game. Now I would like the story-line to be the
    same, but the only thing that changes is the graphics and the ability
    to go to the chao garden anytime you want in sonic adventure XD. Now
    there could also be an area for mini games. So on the main menu there
    are three options. Sonic XD, Sonic 2 Battle, and mini-games. Now in
    the mini-games you start off with just Sonic, Amy, Tails, and
    Knuckles. Although you can unlock characters like shadow, rouge,
    omega, and others by completing all there levels/ story-lines. This
    game could also connect to wifi so you can have things like chao
    karate, chao race, 2-4 player battles, and other mini-games played
    with other people or friends. I love the 3D green hill zone level and
    how there are costumes for the characters. I would like it if you
    could play levels with characters not in the story line. So for
    instance shadow could play Sonic's levels. Playing 2 player in the
    chao garden could be fun. Now I know, the upgrades. Now I thought it
    could be gray shaded and omochao could fly up and say, "Sorry, only
    (One of the sonic characters name) can get this upgrade." I loved how
    in sonic adventure XD you moved through a city finding levels. Now I
    thought what the gameplay would be is instead of all the same the game
    could have the ability to go other places like in Sonic XD but the
    levels to be like Sonic adventure 2 Battle levels. the grading system
    would be the same so you could get costumes for each characters if you
    got all rank A's on every mission. Since Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Dr.
    Eggman, Knuckles, and Rouge already had costumes theirs would stay the
    same. Omega would then now be classified as The machines like tails
    and Dr. Eggman. Big the Cat would be Classified with Omega too. Thank
    you for taking the time to read this.
    Sincerely,
    Jack Vanden Hoek.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast