Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little message about the bashing of Sega and Sonic 4

Take a guess! You'll get a cookie if you guess correctly in three tries.

Default My little message about the bashing of Sega and Sonic 4

I was going to post this in a topic, but even with the risks, I want to make this a topic for everyone to see, and as a message to those bashing Sega and Sonic Team about Sonic 4.

Now, this may be long, but I have to say this:

Believe it or not, Sega is not really even responsible for how the majority of the people see the game. In fact, they just make the game, and they don't review their own games. That role goes to the customer and the players who play the game.

Of course, I am aware of the faults Sega has made in the past. That said, in regards to how they make the game, that, of course, determines the game's quality. People each have their own opinion on things, and how the game is polished, executed in concept and gameplay and how playable the game is determines and shapes each person's view of the game differently. Even if some people agree with each other about the quality of a game, they have different reasons as to why they feel so, and even their prespectives in on the game are different. Like DNA and the fingerprints, no two different people think alike exactly down to the last level.

Now, as I said, Sega does not determine how the players, customers or fans react to this game. They just develop, polish, work on it, and when it is released, they cannot control or even determine how people like the game. That role goes to the player/s alone, who play the game and have their opinion on it shaped as they play, and how they think of the game based on how well it is made. All that is from the mind and the free will of the players. They control how they feel of the game, and even if you don't feel it somewhat, or are not even aware of it that much. Some parts of that process may be involuntary, or not under your control, biologically and mentally. Still, it is the player/s who shape their views and opinions on a game, aware of it or not. Sega and Sonic Team do not have power over what people think. Even if they somehow could, like many businesses, they could shape others' on every game series they have made (including) to the point where they love those games to death, more than the games Nintendo.

But in reality, that power is not in Sega's hands, and they can't do so.

So, while everyone's opinions and views are shaped differently about a game they play, they also are in their own control of what they want to be fixed or improved, or what they like about what they see or play, and even determine what bothers them about the game and what they can tolerate about it.

All those things are in control of the person/player/customer, not the game makers and developers, and for each person that exist with their own will, they all have different magnitudes or levels of tolerance, liking of something, etc. individually.

As I have said, Sega and Sonic Team, when it comes to Sonic, can improve, and they may have improved somewhat already like with Unleashed, even with the Werehog, and many are hyped for both Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors. However, they still cannot affect how people think about the games, and they can only make the games, and how they are made affects how the player thinks of it, in accord to that person's will. They can't decide if the players like or love the game or even make them like the game for the player him/herself.

To SegaLoop, and all the whiners, haters, complainers, senseless moaners or those who claim to be a fan of Sonic, even when they act unfaithful, Sega is not entirely at fault here. In fact, the only thing that stands in the way of you liking any Sonic game, or even Sonic 4: Ep. 1, that one thing...

IS YOU (The individual person, not a whole group, just each separate person.

That's right. Sega has made some mistakes, but the way you guys seem to act, you are letting Sega's past mistakes burden your hope or faith in Sonic, and you are letting what you hate in past Sonic games keep you from being happy with or accepting whatever Sega makes for you. Sega is not making you do that. You're letting the past get to you, and keep you from looking forward to the future of Sonic, and you're not even letting yourselves let it go.

Your love/obsession for the old school physics you really want in the game also pulls you back from letting yourself be happy with Sonic games, or Sonic 4, because you cannot let go of wanting the physics or you can't even like new Sonic games if they don't have them. You are letting your hating the fact that the new Sonic games lacking such physics keep you from being happy with what Sega does. You are letting yourself to care too much on the physics and maybe other things to the point that you won't be happy with what Sega gives you if it is not the way you wanted it to be made. All of Sega's past mistakes that they can improve on, or your love for such physics is keeping you from accepting the changes in the Sonic series, and is keeping you from accepting that it is not all about you or a certain group of fans.

In fact, as shown at E3 and some others, reviewers like IGN and Gamespot have praised the game well, and many people had positive opinions on what they have played in the demo. They are aware that the game is not finished, and has yet to be finished or released, but many people were not bothered by the physics in comparison to the classics, or even some flaws that, if not fixed, they can get used to without trouble. Why? Because they think the game, even in demo form, is fun, and as long as the final product is fun and good, they could care less on how it differs from the classics. Heck! Some even thought of Sonic 4 as a return to Sonic's roots, the first best Sonic game in years, or even as fun as the classics.

Sega is not at fault entirely here, despite past mistakes. You (the individual player whose behavior matches what I talk about) are the ones keeping yourself from forgiving Sega and Sonic Team for their mistakes, and you are not able to let go of what mistakes have happened and cannot allow yourself to appreacite whatever Sonic Team doesn't, even if they have improved or are forgiven by many, or if many liked the more recent Sonic titles, especially the ones coming out this year.

I do know that all of you are free to make your own choices, and I know I can't make them for you. Even so, it is your (the whiners, complainers, haters and so called fans) choice.

You can either not let go of the past, your love for classic physics and not let yourself appreacite Sega's efforts, and thus keep yourselves from liking Sonic games because you do not want to accept change and perhaps not like Sonic ever again as long as you don't allow yourself to let go of the past and such...

Or you can be more mature, and let the past and your wants go, and know that they aren't important to make a good game, accept that Sonic is not about or for you or a specific group, and be happy with what you get from Sega, or wish the best of luck for Sonic, even if you don't like what direction he is heading, and hope for a brighter future for Sonic...

Just like a real (not to be confused with true) fan would...

Like I said, I can't make this decision for you, but neither can Sega, for even when they improve, you can still not allow yourself to like recent or future Sonic games because you can't let the past and your wants go.

I am not trying to be critical, insultive, mean or labeling to the fans I talk about. I just want them to think about how they are being overly unfaithful to Sega when they shouldn't be.

Also, let's try to keep discussion civil, okay?

So, any thoughts?
    http://sonicrevolution.org/forums/index.php?/user/155-prodigy-x/
    Hate is just another obstacle for love. Once it is overcome, one will love more than he/she loved before.

Huge can of worms right here kids, opened up.

Why am I being singled out for raging at whiners? I never made a thread addressing it.
    Ask me anything!
    (About Sonic)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclispe View Post
    nobody wants to come to a forum where all you see is complaining day in and day out.

Take a guess! You'll get a cookie if you guess correctly in three tries.

Quote Originally Posted by 1994 View Post
    Huge can of worms right here kids, opened up.

Why am I being singled out for raging at whiners? I never made a thread addressing it.
    I meant those who are bashing Sonic 4 specifically, not those who who are bashing the bashers.
    http://sonicrevolution.org/forums/index.php?/user/155-prodigy-x/
    Hate is just another obstacle for love. Once it is overcome, one will love more than he/she loved before.

Oh I know that, but this thread won't end happily either way.
    Ask me anything!
    (About Sonic)
    nobody wants to come to a forum where all you see is complaining day in and day out.

LOL nice Flamerstreak! let em whine, they know damn well their ***** are gonna be planted in front of the TV in late 2010 downloading Sonic 4 and there may(will) even be a copy of Sonic Colors in their Wii AND DS ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Flamerstreak View Post
    Even so, at least I gave it a go. It doesn't hurt to try things like this, even if it won't end happily, right?
    It sure doesn't hurt to try, and I commend you for that.

So You're saying if Sega makes a bad game I should say its good...

I'll try that..Hows this, I love how Sonic 4 has no momentum and how if you stop holding forward you fall strait down.. I love how the level design currently is made up of springs, booster pads and loops and has no platforming.. I love how I'm forced to use HA to play levels. I love how after I come off a jump I uncurl leaving me defenseless and forcing me to use Homing attack.. This stuff rocks thank you Sega for pleasing this classic sega/sonic fan

I could praise Sega all day but I'll stop here

I realize all this could be fixed in the final, but its doubtful
    Last edited by SEGALoop; 06-20-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Banned

I loled when I saw how little the message was

Quote Originally Posted by SEGALoop View Post
    So Your saying if Sega makes a bad game I should say its good...

I'll try that..Hows this, I love how Sonic 4 has no momentum and how if you stop holding forward you fall strait down.. I love how the level design currently is made up of springs, booster pads and loops and has no platforming.. I love how I'm forced to use HA to play levels. I love how after I come off a jump I uncurl leaving me defenseless and forcing me to use Homing attack.. This stuff rocks thank you Sega for pleasing this classic sega/sonic fan

I could praise Sega all day but I'll stop here
    Once again, a 25 year old person capable of reading comprehension missing the point entirely and letting his delusion of "Oh herp it's just this and hurrrr durrrrrr" stick in his mind.

It must suck to be so blind.

Edit: I would like to believe you are actually capable of holding a decent conversation without sounding off the typical fanboy tripe I've come to read so much, but you make it so hard for me to even have a sliver of hope for that. Can't you hold a conversation about Sonic 4 without resulting with the same crap? What are you going to do when millions (possibly) of people are buying Sonic 4 Episode 1 and its future episodes AND enjoying them? You gonna go "Well ha, serves them right! I'm going to go play my Sega Genesis games for the 90,120th time. I don't need their Sonic 4, no sir. THAT'S NOT fun on their faces. HA." with a tin-foil hat or something? Are you going to convince yourself that so many people will apparently, by your viewpoint, be "wrong" by enjoying Sonic 4?

Have fun.
    Last edited by Haru-chan; 06-20-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Go buy Sonic 1 on release day SEGALoop, that'll teach 'em.
    Ask me anything!
    (About Sonic)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast