Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding Console Patches - Updated 7/29/10

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Default Regarding Console Patches - Updated 7/29/10

I've just received a mail this AM regarding patches for the console versions of AVP and I regret to inform everyone that these have sadly been scrapped.

I had previously made a claim that these were coming and at the time, this was very much on the table. For the console community, I apologize, as I know there are many features and updates that you'd like to see. I'll keep fighting internally for this to happen, but until I hear otherwise, there will not be a console patch for either Xbox or PS3.

-----------------UPDATED---------------------

After discussion internally and with Rebellion, we'd like to address the AVP concerns regarding patches:

Following the last patch for Consoles, we looked at feedback from community, customer service concerns, and decided that the game was stable and balanced to a point we were comfortable with. After this, Rebellion crafted an additional 2 PC patches as an experiment using their own in house resources to resolve some technical issues and provide an opportunity for PC players to see some minor balance changes. Given the AVP games were not cross platform, this didn't seem like it would alter the balance between console and PC products.

It was never our intention to give PC games a superior version while console owners are left out. We had no plans to work on another console patch for AvP - the PC update was meant as a favor without wanting console users to feel bad about the update. We are and we have always been very sympathetic with our awesome console community and had not intended to make them feel left out in these changes. We're sorry for any ill will towards the product and ultimately wanted players to enjoy the game as it was intended across the 3 platforms.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Does this mean the PC version will no longer be supported with patches also?

So you finally leave the console guys behind..., good Rebellion good, another +1 for the next game you release in the future.

Does this mean the PC version will no longer be supported with patches also?
    they may stop supporting the PC version after this, just as a matter of justice since avp3 console owners must be raging, and they have many reasons to be mad at Rebellion right now imho.

Glad to hear you were still fighting for this Mr. Clumsy, although I'm afraid your fight is over.
    "We will survive Galm 1"

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

My fight is never over - I'm here for the long haul. I have heard nothing on PC patches and would not assume there will be any changes unless stated otherwise.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But thanks for keeping on trying Clumsy. Very sad to see support dropped for a very much multi-player orientated game.

Phantasy Star Universe falling a year and a half behind updates and now this. I am weary of any future SEGA purchases now. So disappointed right now...

320 Howzers defeated! Vijeri/resist on run 172 / Illuminus Tag on run 296
    Shijin's so far: 34%-34%-38%-39%-39%-39% fire | 28%-47% ice | - | 25%-31%-33%-34% ground |
    28%-32%-36%-38%-39% light | 33%-36% dark

Yeah, kind of disappointed that this announcement comes less than a week of the new map-pack being released.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFist View Post
    Yeah, kind of disappointed that this announcement comes less than a week of the new map-pack being released.
    Just one final way for them to pull your pants down before abandoning the game.

Exactly. I feel dirty and unloved now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigglesworth View Post
    Just one final way for them to pull your pants down before abandoning the game.
    hehehe probably. All I hope is they abandon avp3 and enter ACM asap, but first a patch for the console guys would be nice
    "We will survive Galm 1"

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast