Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic 4 Thank you: The True Blue Initiative -Video live, initiative finished!

Default Sonic 4 Thank you: The True Blue Initiative -Video live, initiative finished!

Hi everyone,

Now for something completely different - a little thank you to the many people who have already been posting that they plan to pick up two (or more) versions / copies of Sonic 4 when the game releases over the next week!

If you pick up two or more versions or copies of the game, we'd like you to let us know - we appreciate everyone who supports the game by doing so very much, but we'd also like to do a little more to raise the bar beyond what most other game companies do for their fans.

Starting next week on Monday, this thread will unlock and you'll be able to post pictures to confirm which versions you own. From there, here's what we plan to do:

• Anyone who picks up two or more versions of the game will be included in a special sticky thread to be posted here on the SEGA and Sonic 4 Forums. This will be a sort of MVP list that will document all of the fans out there who went above and beyond to help support the game. This list will also be posted on the SEGA Blogs and featured on the Sonic 4 website via the blogs feed.

• Those fans who have both the consoles and the determination to grab three versions of the game will receive placement on the forum list, a digital bucket of cute fluffy kittens*, a special call-out on the SEGA Blogs and the Sonic 4 website's news feed, and special placement in one very cool spot, to be revealed! (As soon as we finish unloading the kittens.)

• Finally, any die-hard collectors or supporters who have already decided that they plan to grab a copy of every version of the game will be featured in all of the above, and will also receive a special thank you shout-out, on video, from both Ken Balough and myself, which will be featured on the SEGA Youtube page and posted all across SEGA's realms here on the internets. (Rumor has it that interested parties may also request that Ken present his thank you in Spanish, and he will actually do so. Es loco!)

All that said, we'd also like to give out some special thanks to those who will only be getting a single version - even if you've only got one console, know that every single supporter helps.

The list here will be updated every few days for two weeks following the Xbox Live launch of the game next Wednesday. The 27th of the month will be the final day to submit pictures of the versions you own, and following that Ken and I will start filming the video for anyone who sends in pictures to prove that they're truly a super-collector and huge supporter of the game.

Whether you're grabbing all four versions or even just one - thanks for being there to support 2D Sonic games on consoles again. Thanks for taking the time to help us make Episode I a success, and to build upon that to make this series even better in the future. Thank you - for being true blue.

*Please note: Availability of Cute Fluffy Kittens depends on stockpiles of buckets of kittens and our ratio of cute ones to not-so-cute ones.

The True Blue List

Patrick Gardner (Kori-Maru)**
    Len Flack
    HauntedPixel

Lodmot
    Mcnichoj**
    Migjen Zulali
    (BiG MiG)**
    Austin Palmer
    (D3CAY1NGC0RPS3)**
    BlurryPhoenix
    MetsofNewYork**
    Johnct311**
    [Ayumi]
    Groudon199
    Zawicki1
    Riaz976*

Juri Licious**
    Haru-Chan
    WE Will Always Love Him.*
    Blayke LaRue*
    Solaris Paradox*
    Delriach
    Neatfreax*
    Tsuka*
    Neoskyte
    Kazuma_PSU*
    Pretty Green Eyes
    Spudgun
    streetballa
    yellowthunder1712*
    akirahedgehog1*
    thomst08
    Richard Franklin (MrFranklin)
    Tyeforce
    CAPTAIN N** (From Denmark)
    KennyWolf
    Barry the Nomad
    GubbyMan
    BlastedPinata*
    foreversonic*
    Alex Beene*
    CobraRoll
    AugieD369
    t4rdis
    Muffimon
    David Poole (Espiownage)
    Craig Page**
    SegaOnline**
    STHX
    Maggix04
    Notyu1459*
    Aaron Kurtzer

*Denotes awesomeness on the level of picking up three versions.
    ** Denotes epic collector justice - all four versions
    !

The True Blue Initiative is now complete!
    The timeline for the True Blue initiative has come to an end! You can now watch the video tribute below!

I've written an FAQ below that should detail all the biggest questions - from how to submit to helping clarify once more the intent of what True Blue is all about.

This thread is only for posts that link to pictures, video, etc, so that I can verify for the list - others will be removed and fed to the buckets of kittens. (Om nom nom) If you have any questions or comments, please PM them to me - I may add some questions to the FAQ if they show up commonly, to help.

Thanks everyone!

The True Blue Initiative - FAQ

Q: I picked up two or more versions of the game - how do I get onto the list?
    A: Send us a link to a picture, video, or other media that will show us the versions of the game you have. You can post the links on this thread and also PM them directly to myself!

Q: How long will it take to get the list updated?

A: This will depend on the amount of additions - given that the game is just launching, it may take a few days while the game continues to release on both PSN and XBLA over the next two days. Following that, it should be 1-2 days at most, barring weekends. (We like to go home too!)

Q: What's the point of this initiative? Are you downplaying people who can only get one copy?
    A: The True Blue initiative is all about saying thank you to the people who had already planned to go out and pick up multiple copies of Sonic 4 to support the game. We saw many people on the boards long before the initiative who mentioned they were planning to do so, and we wanted to do something special for them as thanks.

Even people who simply buy one copy are just as important - we understand that given circumstances, some people may even be limited to just one console. Everyone who supports the game, whether with one copy or even all four, helps make a difference. We appreciate the support of each and every fan.

Banned

So, that means...

First!?

is this how I do it? anyways. This is the Ipod version, i used my Little borther's DSi for this picture hope its legal in this initiative.

Ill upload Wii and Ps3 At the same time later, off to play my wii now.

That picture is perfect, thanks! A little blurry but I can make out that you have it, which is all I need.

Also, adding Kori-maru to the list, who PM'd me his pic!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    That picture is perfect, thanks! A little blurry but I can make out that you have it, which is all I need.

Also, adding Kori-maru to the list, who PM'd me his pic!
    AWesome!

at the Hidden Palace Zone Studying the Prophetic Mural

dont he need 2 or more version of it ??
    ~ onic is the name,peed is my game ~

Im planning on buying it for the PS3 and 360 on wednesday!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL.MaN666 View Post
    dont he need 2 or more version of it ??
    No it counts as prizes for:

1 version

2 versions

3 versions

and all 4.

I have 3/4 Cause Xbox likes to make people cry.

I plan to upload the other 2 after i get the playstation version.

But as of right now, Ruby has me down for 1 version.

To confirm - you can post pictures now of the iPhone/pod and Wii versions, even if just one at a time. Once you hit the 2+ mark, I'll update for the list.

Beyond that, if we could try and keep chat to a minimum in this thread, and comment about the initiative in a different thread, it will help me easily see who needs to be added without having to dig through pages and pages.

Thank you!

I have the Ipod and the Wii version downloaded, I planning to download the PS3 version of the game and the 360 version. So, I'm I clear with all the versions of the game for the die hard collectors list :3
    The Website of the Dead: The #1 Unofficial Fansite ~ www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
    The Great War of Cherry Blossoms: The "Sakura Wars" English Playthough Thread ~ http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...through-Thread

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast