Thread: Feedback from New York Comic Con 2010

Administrator - I <3 cheese kellie's Avatar

Default Feedback from New York Comic Con 2010

If you saw Captain America: Super Soldier at New York Comic Con (or a video of the gameplay), we want to hear from you! Leave your feedback on the game demo below. The code shown was pre-alpha, and the producers & developers of the game are eager to hear what you think -- what you liked, and what you think needs to be improved or changed. This is your chance to be heard, so get to it.

NOTE: Please do not post in this thread if you wish to simply discuss the game or the gameplay. Posts that are not feedback about the gameplay shown at New York Comic Con will be moved to another thread or deleted.
    Kellie | Senior Community Manager | Sega

I saw a video of the gameplay and it's gotten me very excited. I loved the way combat is with all the bullet deflecting and slow motion takedown action. The platforming part was pretty crazy too how Cap flipped around so fluidly.

Now I wish I took the chance to play it so I could give feedback.. graphically it looked pretty good.. I watched some gameplay on YouTube just now; is there or will there be a clearer onscreen trajectory guide for the shield? So you'll know where it'll go after it bounces off an enemy or some such. Or like, there can be different toss methods; one is quick, like Cap's Shield Slash move in Capcom's fighting games (though it looks like he certainly has that), and another will be a carom shot that can hit multiple objects.
    Last edited by viperxmns; 10-13-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Administrator - I <3 cheese kellie's Avatar

Thanks guys... keep the feedback coming! Also, if you see any reviews, interviews, articles, etc with feedback that you think would be useful for the producers/developers, feel free to drop a link in here.
    Kellie | Senior Community Manager | Sega

I saw the trailer and gameplay and I gotta say...I am so stoked. I love Captain America and I can't wait to play. I am a student to computer animation and game design so I understand it is still in its alpha stages, but I already want to play. I hope Sega and Marvel can make a great combo for this game. It's Captain America after all! Way to go everyone keep up the good work! FREEDOM PREVAILS!! ^ ^

Where is this gameplay?I'd like to take a look.
    11/20/11

Quote Originally Posted by SUPASONICBOOM View Post
    Where is this gameplay?I'd like to take a look.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/game/cap...-soldier/13968

Default CA:SS at NY Comic Con

I attended NY Comic Con & was very impressed by the "hands-off" demo of CA:SS!
    The graphics were superb and Cap had a very impressive set of melee combat moves. It reminded me of Batman Arkham Aylum's melee combat. Also, the way that Cap used his shield to take out enemies looked very good too.

I only hope that the platforming will not involve timed events that require very quick reflexes. I would also like to see a game-save system that allows you to save your progress at any point.

Will there be a demo prior to this game's release?

i think the cap's shield isn't properly utilized, and cartwheels and backflips aren't being given attention that's supposed to be cap's fighting ability aren't utilized, i hope sega isn't just ripping of batman arkham asylum, and if they would keep the gameplay all about fisticuffs, sega would be making a big mistake, hope they make a variety of gameplay and not just stick to what the trailer shows...

XD....