Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Important news for PSP2 players in the west

Default Important news for PSP2 players in the west

Hi everyone,

Some important news that I wanted to pass on today, which could come into play in the near future. (Worry not though - it's good stuff.)

I'm sure many of you have heard or remember the issues with the authentication check not working properly for PSP2. This essentially made all those shiny codes we spent a long time securing null and void, as it meant that anyone could get online, even if they didn't get a legitimate copy of the game.

On that front, some good news - this will soon no longer be the case.

We've been working hard with Sony to help determine why the problem was occurring and what could be done to fix it. A solution has now been worked out, but there's a chance it might require existing players to download the Little Wing License from the PSN store again. Worry not though, as it will be free and automatically available.

So, if at any point in the near future you run into an error logging in, just head to the PSN store and you should see a new version of the Little Wing License to pick up, which will be free to download for both retail and digital copies of the game.

I'll post again as I hear more news about when this might go live and a more detailed set of directions to find the new Little Wing License if this route is pursued. I'm passing this news on early and it's definitely subject to change, but I wanted to pass it on ahead of time so that people know we're taking care of the issue and what to do if they run into a Little Wing License error at any point.

Thanks everyone.

- Ruby

awesome, that is good news that those who didnt buy the game will be unable to log in but what about those who purchase the game, play it online then trade it into a gamestore that may have used copies of Phantasy Star Portable 2

If someone buys a used copy and they cannot play it online
    Member of OSGuild, Former Member of jeM
    Currently Playing: Starcraft II and Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection for PSP
    Waiting for: Diablo III, Starcraft II Expansion #1 and Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
    Windows Vista has been succeeded by the totally awesome Windows 7!!!

That's awesome news. I'm tired of avoiding LV200 parties thinking that they h4x. Once this goes into effect, I can finally put Max Lv200 in my Level restriction :P
    Meredy (F-Newman) Lv165 HU30 RA21 FO30 VG30
    Gamertag: sesshymon
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Trailer

what is the point of doing that when this will keep anyone who cheats from playing online at all
    so if there is a level 200 it will be legit
    Currently Playing: Starcraft II and Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection for PSP

This is great news. Now, to get the De Rol Le freezing in online mode dealt with. :l
    PSO2 JP: Ship 2 / Block 20-25
    ID: xBladeM6x / Character: Blade
    UPPA: Audio & Video Department/ Photographer (Active)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

I made sure both the PSP2 boards and the PSUBlog patrons know about both this topic and the one over at PSO-world. I'll keep the GameFAQs one bumped for a while.

Assuming I don't forget about it of course...

Good to hear
    http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/pso2sig13_zpsddb00399-1_zpsa151749c.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko View Post
    what is the point of doing that when this will keep anyone who cheats from playing online at all
    so if there is a level 200 it will be legit
    I don't see anything in the post about cheating/cheat codes. The only thing addressed here is making sure everyone playing online has a legitimately purchased copy of the game.
    *360* MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ 180 F Beast AF/FF20 | True Villain 171+ F Cast AT20/GT20
    Violent Violet 180 F Cast PT/GM/FM20 | Mistress Vulcana 180 F Newm MF/WT20
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasm View Post
    every game ever made is just a reskin of pong

I misunderstood what Sesshymon said
    Last edited by Tsuko; 10-14-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Yea, I can see where you might have made the misunderstanding. What I was trying to say is that right now its hard to find a decent party without worrying about h4x. Once they input this feature, I can be assured that the LV200 I'm playing with are those who imported their save file from the JP version. Right now I'm enjoying story mode while trying to finish HARD mode. During work, I'll prolly log in online to play for a couple of hours if my job lets me. (God bless night time office jobs XD with WIFI!)
    Meredy (F-Newman) Lv165 HU30 RA21 FO30 VG30
    Gamertag: sesshymon
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Trailer

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast