Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NightS 3

Clarification..

The discussion I had was about bringing NiGHTS PS2 back as a digital title and the person I was discussing it said Iizuka was against it. I think he was referring to this:

http://www.1up.com/news/ps2-nights-port-planned-japan

In the Q&A session, Iizuka commented that "there are currently no plans for the PS2 version to be released outside of Japan." He points out that the Japanese port is being spurred on by high demand, which apparently doesn't exist here in the US.
    Which has nothing to do with a digital title unless the person I was talking about was drawing from another source.

Ugh, Iizuka.. he's ignoring the fact that there are a lot of NiGHTS fans outside Japan, in America and Europe. The freakin' main fansite is comprised mostly of Europeans and Americans. I hope the noise we've made since that interview was conducted has proved otherwise.

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?

Hey, SEGA, protip... the download market is a great place to take another shot at NiGHTS. Just sayin'.

Proud to be a member of the most unprofessional gaming-commentary crew on YouTube, BrainScratchComms.

Now writing articles for SEGAHD.com! Check 'em out!

Quote Originally Posted by east of eastside View Post
    Blame Wii for canceling the original 360 NiGHTS and dooming the franchise from here on out.
    True

It would be good to have Nights made with a decent budget on the HD consoles, the franchise cannot end with the poor journey of dreams...
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Sega Japan games!

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?

One of the best aspects of the original NiGHTS was how pretty it looked by the standards of the time, so seeing it relegated to this generation's graphical straggler is more than a little annoying.

That said, I think I can understand the reasoning behind it. There isn't as much of a market for, uh, characters like NiGHTS on the HD consoles just now.

Still, I wish they'd just bullrush their way through and make a market, anyway. At least as a download title with Flower-quality graphics...

Proud to be a member of the most unprofessional gaming-commentary crew on YouTube, BrainScratchComms.

Now writing articles for SEGAHD.com! Check 'em out!

My god, if they went the extra mile and re-prettied the PS2 version to give NiD PS360 level graphics, that would be glorious.. is it sad that we wouldn't expect them to put that much work into it? And anyway if it'd require the amount of work I think it would, better off for them just to build NiGHTS 3 HD from the ground up. Only again, then we have the issue of possible bad design choices. With NiD you're just refining the gold that's already there.

Hmm part 3 of Night's will be great for SEGA!!!

What should be the storyplot of NiGHTS 3?

Sig made by Darkgargos

Quote Originally Posted by dsiller87 View Post
    What should be the storyplot of NiGHTS 3?
    That's certainly a debatable factor. One point that's agreed upon is that any new kids should have more depth; Will and Helen came out a bit too dull for their own good. Coming up with more interesting characters shouldn't be a stretch of the imagination. Another question is whether yet again NiGHTS is just dealing with the same thing of beating Wizeman, or if there's any possible way to figure out a new story development on NiGHTS's side.

We discuss this a lot on the NiD forum, here's a thread for what we'd want in a new NiGHTS game http://www.nightsintodreams.com/foru...showtopic=3388

Feel free to join in!

If you work at Sega and had anything to do with this please kill yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast