Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Seriously , the hackers will be removed one day ???

Good news guys!

The 360 servers will be getting a leaderboard reset today - in fact, within the next few hours! I'll get a new thread up to let people know.

at the Hidden Palace Zone Studying the Prophetic Mural

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Good news guys!

The 360 servers will be getting a leaderboard reset today - in fact, within the next few hours! I'll get a new thread up to let people know.
    YEAH!!! that a great victory over the damn Hackers FINALY !!!!!!! even if im playing on Wii im still happy SEGA did something about this hack plague
    im just wondering are you doing to do something now to prevent the hackers to come back again ???
    like beeing able to remove them individually
    Last edited by DeViL.MaN666; 11-24-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    ~ onic is the name,peed is my game ~

Quote Originally Posted by MilsTailsPrower View Post
    I AM VERY HAPPY TO HEARD THAT !!!!!!!
    Thanks to Sega and you Ruby =P
    All leaderboards is going to be reset or only the hackers ???
    It was a complete reset.

The only issue now is getting your times/scores back onto the leaderboards, which will require beating your existing stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Groudon199 View Post
    It was a complete reset.

The only issue now is getting your times/scores back onto the leaderboards, which will require beating your existing stats.
    And the other issue is that hackers can easily replace their times.

Yeah, it was a matter of time before they put back their times.

Hell, I bet that the hackers were watching the forums. (Watching news about the game/cheaters) They probably were ready after the announcement of a leaderboard wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL.MaN666 View Post
    YEAH!!! that a great victory over the damn Hackers FINALY !!!!!!! even if im playing on Wii im still happy SEGA did something about this hack plague
    im just wondering are you doing to do something now to prevent the hackers to come back again ???
    like beeing able to remove them individually
    This,i hope with this wipe they added something to be able to remove them Individually

They need to set some kind of auto delete.

I mean like, If something is added under 20 seconds for Splash Hill, the leaderboard would not accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse
    The reset was not useless - and is far better than simply leaving even more hacked times up there.

It's not a long-term solution, but while we look into what options there are to combat this effectively for good, I think it's very important to do what we can in the short-term, too.

Closing this thread out of almost sheer amazement that people complain when we don't do anything, and then still complain when we do.

Be patient, guys - we're working on it, but an effective solution is not something that can be rushed.
    Yeah for Xbox 360 it was neccesary for 60+ Hacked time on SHZA1,but dont wipe Wii leaderboards plz :P

Quote Originally Posted by MilsTailsPrower View Post
    Ok i see my thread is close so i post here ...
    The leaderboards reset was 100% useless because SEGA do nothing for stop the hackers .
    What the point of doing a reset without stop the hack ???
    It will be like before soon , already 3 hackers , so we will see again 60 hackers ...
    Or they need remove the hackers every weeks or something like that , weekly update of the leaderboards !
    Totally useless reset!
    What made you think this would stop the hackers?
    As Ruby stated, this is better than keeping 60+ hackers on the leaderboards while they think of a long-tem solution.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Closing this thread out of almost sheer amazement that people complain when we don't do anything, and then still complain when we do.
    Reminds me of the Sonic fanbase.

Can only assume it's part of a long-term fix they're working on (hopefully, anyway)... I do have a question though Ruby if you read this. I do appreciate that you guys are working on it but I just went and did a 1'10 run of MG1 (my best is 1'04, so this wasn't very good, but it was just a quick run to get back on the leaderboards) and it wouldn't upload my time. I assume this is because it's worse than my best time which means I'd have to set a new personal record in order to upload a new time... the problem is that I put a lot of effort into my old times and they're very well done so it would take quite a bit of work to beat them again, plus I don't really have any desire to because they were all records by a large margin and most were nearly optimal. Am I just screwed out of being on the leaderboards or is there going to be a fix later on? :/
    Last edited by Paraxade; 11-25-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast