Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angry Joe: Sonic Free Riders hazardous to health

Default Angry Joe: Sonic Free Riders hazardous to health

So if you're a fan of Channel Awesome (www.thatguywiththeglasses.com) (home of Nostalgia Critic, etc.), you might notice that Angry Joe posted a list of his Top Ten infuriating games of 2010. I can't post it here because of language, but it's there. As it got toward the end, I figured that the three Sonic releases had escaped his wrath.

But it seems that Sonic Free Riders got the top spot.

What was his reason for hating the game so much? Apparently, he and his friends felt "physically ill" after playing a single lap of the game.

I wonder if this is a trend with KINECT games?
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

They do warn you about video games and health in every game. XD

It doesn't mean SFR is a bad game. I think it's an awesome game.

I'm watching his review of the game as we speak and I'm already laughing like a mad man.
    KARAKURA Azure! I be spreadin' the good spirits & takin' out trolls.

That's why MSF is marketing Kinect as a device that can improve your health. The gameplay can be pretty intense and it is very reasonable to plan out some kind of exercise regime on it.

Untouchable...Unstoppable...
    U N B R E A K A B L E !
    A loyal fox with all of Sonic's 360 achievements!

Well the development team should be proud of themselves. Sonic Free Riders has been awarded the first ever 1/10 from Angry Joe, an "Epic Fail".

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Joe
    What you’ll Like:
    • The time that you spend not playing the game.
    • Best Part: Returning it to the game store for a FULL Refund.

What you’ll Hate:
    • This game is broken.
    • The Terrible Menu Interface – the voice commands need you to speak the name of the button but they dont display the name of the button except for when you have the button selected.
    • Also, the game is broken.
    • 2-player is a nightmare you dont feel like you have enough room and your movements seem to register even less often than in the single player mode.
    • The graphics combined with the sudden direction changes will have you feeling nauseous within the first lap. You will feel sick playing this game.
    • Did I mention, the game is broken? It doesn’t work as advertised.
    • The soundtrack wears on you quickly.
    • Worst Part: Playing it and feeling sick afterwards, even on different play throughs and days – that nasty feeling each time lasted hours and I refuse to forgive this game for it. If a game is this broken and induces this kinda reaction something should have been done to tweak or correct the mechanics.

This was literally watching one man's descent into madness. I'm going to rewatch it!
    KARAKURA Azure! I be spreadin' the good spirits & takin' out trolls.

Man, that sounds like a severe degree of unfitness to me. That, or he has issue with moving while observing game graphics, like a form of motion sickness.
    The Sega West forum's resident reptilian analyst/fangirl saying "Seriously, if I couldn't get any more than that in Generations, he's never coming back".

Character Researcher, Logistical, Obsessed.

Oh, boohoo, you actually have to get off your lazy *** and move around to play this game. Really, it's a ****ing exercise game, of course your not going to feel very well after playing it. But saying that you feel "physically ill" after playing it is quite the overstatement. Exhausted, out of breath, and/or sore maybe, but certainly not ill in the slightest. Also, this game controls pretty well in the right playspace. I wouldn't mind it if they cited that as a problem, but saying that the game controls like crap regardless is dead wrong. Bottom line, this guy is an idiot, just ignore him. I have no sympathy for a guy that believes a racing game on a prototype motion control system should control perfectly in every situation.

Actually, I have to admitt... When I tried out Kinect at a friend's house, I wasn't feeling too well myself.
    It was also due to falling over and smashing my head against a wall, but that wasn't the whole reason.

If I want to get exercise, I can go on a treadmill.

Am I, Sonic Fandom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Fun is subjective.
    What's fun for one person isn't fun for another, and we shouldn't go forcing our beliefs of fun on others.

Angry Joe isn't an idiot, he's funny! :O

I just think there's an underlying reason as to why he felt physically sick.
    The Sega West forum's resident reptilian analyst/fangirl saying "Seriously, if I couldn't get any more than that in Generations, he's never coming back".

Character Researcher, Logistical, Obsessed.

>The soundtrack wears on you quickly.

No.
    Nonono.
    Shake It Baby is the lulziest Sonic song evar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast