Thread: Kingdom Conquest Fraudulent Charges

Thumbs down Kingdom Conquest Fraudulent Charges

Kingdom Conquest stole all my ITunes Credit. I want all my credit back. I see on the web there are many complaints about this app doing this. I will be speaking to a lawyer about starting a fine about this fraud. I believe there would be a case for multiple people who have been taken advantage of this fraud to be included. I have contacted Apple about this also.

Administrator

Hello,

It is very likely that your iTunes account has been stolen and is being used by someone else to purchase items in this game. We are currently investigating this claim as well as some others, but since we have no access to any customer's iTunes account information or transaction histories we highly recommend contacting Apple directly:
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html

Allow me to state very clearly that SEGA and Kingdom Conquest are not acting maliciously in any way. It is in no way possible for this game to charge an iTunes account without someone installing the app, logging into that iTunes account with valid credentials and then choosing to make a purchase. The game and it's servers do not store iTunes log-in information, nor does it support any kind of automated/recursive billing. At this point all signs point to groups or individuals who are using stolen iTunes account information to make purchases, not only for this game but many games from other publishers as well. This behavior is of course illegal and clearly prohibited in the game's EULA, which all players must agree to. Any players found to be using stolen iTunes accounts will be permanently banned from accessing the game.

If you have any additional information you would like to send us in order to identify those making purchases with your account, please email us at:
    K I N G D O M C O N Q U E S T AT S E G A DOT C O M

To reiterate, we are continuing to look into this but at this point it appears Apple will be better able to assist those who's iTunes accounts have been compromised. They will be better able to provide refunds and track the culprits. We also suggest resetting the password for your iTunes account as well as the password for the email address that iTunes account is tied to.

Best,
    FrankFrank