Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic CD is a priequel for Sonic 4?

Quote Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
    Same here.
    third here

Sonic 4 Brand Manager Ken Balough's Avatar

Hi Everyone!!

Ok so I'm at PAx right now showing off Sonic CD to every lucky person who's attending the show (by the way if you are here - it's at the MSFT booth.)

But I have a few minutes and I've seen some confusion about Sonic CD being a prequel - and it is!! Just as you imagined it.
    which is basically my way of saying - allow me to illuminate the situation.

Remember back during Ep 1, I was saying we had outlined a great story for the Sonic 4 Saga? It all come back to that Cliffhanger at the end - where we brought back Metal Sonic. Sonic CD was never really tied to the numberical Sonics in any significant way back in the 90's. Sonic 4 is going to change that, and bridge these adventures together in a meaningful way.
    While we are not taking away "when CD happened" in relationship to the numerical versions, we can tell you that the events in CD are very important to 4 (as you can imagine from us bringing Metal Sonic back)

So before we take you to Ep 2, we're gonna give all you fans a chance to experiance CD for the first time in years - and with a terrific presentation in wide screen. And yes the physics are fine!

So as you can see from the Trailer we created - Sonic took a slight detour into "The Past", and later will be propelled back into the future to resume the Sonic 4 Saga

And if your at PAX come say Hi!

Cheers,
    Ken
    Currently working on: Guardian Heroes & Sonic 4
    Show your support for Guardian Heroes on our Blog:
    http://blogs.sega.com/usa/category/guardian-heroes/

Sonic 4 Brand Manager Ken Balough's Avatar

Also if you're at PAX - A COKE will buy you eternal gratitude from me as well as a hug - I was out late last night
    Currently working on: Guardian Heroes & Sonic 4
    Show your support for Guardian Heroes on our Blog:
    http://blogs.sega.com/usa/category/guardian-heroes/

damn you! now i want to know moar! acctually sounds quite intresting

OMG DIZ LINK IS AUSUM-http://www.youtube.com/user/hellofahedgehog?feature=mhee

if sonic CD is the prequel for this game, I am in fact, a monkey's uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Balough View Post
    Hi Everyone!!

Ok so I'm at PAx right now showing off Sonic CD to every lucky person who's attending the show (by the way if you are here - it's at the MSFT booth.)

But I have a few minutes and I've seen some confusion about Sonic CD being a prequel - and it is!! Just as you imagined it.

Remember back during Ep 1, I was saying we had outlined a great story for the Sonic 4 Saga? It all come back to that Cliffhanger at the end - where we brought back Metal Sonic. Sonic CD was never really tied to the numberical Sonics in any significant way back in the 90's. Sonic 4 is going to change that, and bridge these adventures together in a meaningful way.
    While we are not taking away "when CD happened" in relationship to the numerical versions, we can tell you that the events in CD are very important to 4 (as you can imagine from us bringing Metal Sonic back)

So before we take you to Ep 2, we're gonna give all you fans a chance to experiance CD for the first time in years - and with a terrific presentation in wide screen. And yes the physics are fine!

So as you can see from the Trailer we created - Sonic took a slight detour into "The Past", and later will be propelled back into the future to resume the Sonic 4 Saga

Cheers,
    Ken
    I'll accept any continuity that unmakes the previous explanation of Sonic & Knuckles... and allows the Sonic story to come before the Knuckles story, as is natural.

Oh man, the Star Wars fan in me always gets giddy and stuff about storyline retcons!
    Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

Banned

Yeah i'll accept it as well ken, it makes sense. Good explenation
    Last edited by Awe_Tlz; 08-26-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Balough View Post
    Hi Everyone!!

Cheers,
    Ken
    So Ken,

Sonic 4 E2 will be a spiritual sequel to Sonic CD, and will feature both classic and modern Sonic in different time zones. How close am I?
    <a href=http://44.imagebam.com/download/GmJw7_R6LAaw1OZwVUREvA/17661/176609444/banbury.png target=_blank>http://44.imagebam.com/download/GmJw...44/banbury.png</a>
    But DO buy Sonic Mania!

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Sonic View Post
    So Ken,

Sonic 4 E2 will be a spiritual sequel to Sonic CD, and will feature both classic and modern Sonic in different time zones. How close am I?
    Whoa. That'd be something.

Present, Past:

Bad Future:

Good Future:
    Member of the Tailsfan Club (AKA the Fanboy Army of Death)
    Characterphile. Home console supporter. Continuity junkie. 2D fanboy.

Read my fanfic: Tails Alone (Parts 1 and 2 Complete)

Wow! Completely forgot about that. So what the hell is Sonic gonna look like in the future?

He couldn't get any worse...

could he?
    <a href=http://44.imagebam.com/download/GmJw7_R6LAaw1OZwVUREvA/17661/176609444/banbury.png target=_blank>http://44.imagebam.com/download/GmJw...44/banbury.png</a>
    But DO buy Sonic Mania!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast