Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Curse of the Tails Doll

I should say now that I won't be getting into the cliffhanger right away. To be frank, I am exhausted, and won't be writing fan fics for a while. When I do, I won't be going into the story dealing with the mysterious figure. I'll maybe have some hints/foreshadowing, but that will be about it for a while, because this will have the makings of a pretty large story.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Larger than the ones we've already seen? O_o

Is Wendy Witchcraft involved in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbrained View Post
    Is Wendy Witchcraft involved in this story?
    Erm....no.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Senior Member Silver Tha Hedgehog's Avatar

I really like this so far good job.
    My Xbox 360 gamer-tag is TheS1lverNinja, I accept all friend requests so feel free to send me one

Monsters University - Complaining incessantly

...I'm sorry, when Charmy started crying I thought "Can't they just fly away?" then kind of had trouble paying attention after that. I left soon after, since I kind of shifted into plothole detecting mode . Though, there don't seem to be many except the already mentioned one, and how, in Heroes, both Charmy and Cream don't even comment on the game's creepy level while Tails is the one scared.

Silver had already bumped it, so I thought "Might as well say it".
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMoore25 View Post
    Make the moron go away, Mommy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    I like how damsels in distress are now a Mario innovation, too. Watch out Brothers Grimm, you're plagiarizing on work from centuries ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by HayleyChaotix View Post
    ...I'm sorry, when Charmy started crying I thought "Can't they just fly away?" then kind of had trouble paying attention after that. I left soon after, since I kind of shifted into plothole detecting mode . Though, there don't seem to be many except the already mentioned one, and how, in Heroes, both Charmy and Cream don't even comment on the game's creepy level while Tails is the one scared.

Silver had already bumped it, so I thought "Might as well say it".
    I'll admit, this isn't one of my better stories. I probably should've explained a few things better. Anyway, I haven't touched this story in around six months, so let's just let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadvisor1234 View Post
    It is a beautiful day in Station Square. News has spread like wildfire about the camping trip gone wrong and the children who saved their guardian from certain danger. However, no mention of the infamous legend has arisen.

At Sonic's house, the atmosphere is much different in tone. Just now, Vanilla and Cream are coming to visit, along with Blaze and Marine.

Vanilla: Thanks for letting Marine say goodbye, Blaze. It'll mean so much to Tails.

Blaze: Of course, Ms. Vanilla. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cream: Tails has been really quiet over the last couple of days.

Marine: Yeah. Who would've thought that he knew the Tails Doll? I sorta feel sorry for him.

Blaze: Speaking of that, did the police ever catch the people who kidnapped you?

Marine: Nah. I still don't know how they did it. We had two of 'em tied up, and we only had our backs turned for a second, and then POOF! Gone without a trace.

Vanilla: We're here, everyone.

Vanilla knocks on the door. To their surprise, it's Charmy that answers.

Charmy: What are you doing here so ear- I mean, hi, welcome to Sonic's house! Uh, why don't you have a seat in the living room?

As the group enters, Charmy dashes off.

Blaze: I take it that's Charmy.

Vanilla: Yes. He's been Tails' little assistant during this whole ordeal. That's strange. Shouldn't Sonic be here?

Sonic: Over here, Miss V!

As the group enters the living room, they are startled to discover Timothy sitting across from the hedgehog in an easy chair, enjoying a conversation.

Marine: Oi! What are you doing out of the woods, mate?

Timothy: I was...uh....well, there's a massive hole in the side of my house, so Sonic invited me to stay here while the place is being fixed.

Sonic: Have a seat, everyone. Tails should be out in a minute.

As everyone sits, an awkward silence befalls the group. As Marine looks around, she sees that everyone has smiles on their faces, and occasionally glance at each other knowingly. Eventually, the lack of answers is too much to bear.

Marine: ALL RIGHT! What is goin' on?

Sonic: I thought you came here to say goodbye to Tails.

Blaze turns to Marine, a sly smile on her face.

Blaze: That's what you wanted, right?

Marine: ALL RIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH! Now I know you all're hidin' somethin' from me! I wasn't sure before, but now I know that something's up!

Vanilla: Whatever do you mean? Tea, anyone?

As Vanilla passes out tea to everyone, Marine becomes more annoyed.

Marine: Blaze, you know you can't keep a secret from me! Every time you try to keep something from me, your eyes look all funny! You're hidin' something!

Blaze: If you say so. *sips tea*

Marine: Grrrr...

Cream: Oh, look! It's Charmy!

The bee rushes in the middle of the group.

Charmy: Okay, guys! They're coming! Come on out, guys!

Marine: What? Who's coming?

Suddenly, Tails joins the group.

Tails: Hello, everyone! Sorry I was quiet the last few days.

Marine: Tails! I'll bet you know what's goin' on! Tell me! Please!

Tails: Today, I was finally able to add the finishing touches to my "project". Please, give a warm welcome to my good friend, Tails Doll!

Everyone applauds, except for Marine, who just sits there confused. Suddenly, to her shock, the Tails Doll walks out of the doorway to Tails' room and joins him. He looks just like he did before, only cleaner, and better put together.

Tails Doll: Hi, everybody! It's good to be here!

Marine: What? You got him to work?

Tails: I did. It was very difficult, but once I got all the parts in the mail, I was able to put him back together.

Marine: But how? You can't sew!

Tails: Well, I didn't say I did it all myself.

The fox glances at Vanilla.

Vanilla: I suppose I can't keep it a secret any longer. Yes, I helped to mend him.

Marine: Then why is everyone keeping this a secret from me?

At this, everyone else glances knowingly at one another.

Tails: Well....that was part of the surprise.

Marine: What surprise?

Tails: Marine.....will you take the Tails Doll with you back to the Sol Dimension and promise to take care of him?

Marine: What? Me? But what about Mr. Timothy?

Timothy: I've thought about it long and hard, and I'm not getting any younger. I want to insure that someone takes care of my son for me.

Marine: But, what about you, Tails? Isn't he your friend?

Tails: *sigh* You know, this whole incident has taught me a lot of things. I thought that I had lost my childhood, when in reality, I had it all along. I faced the same childish challanges and fears that any kid would, but in the end, I didn't realise what I had until I was forced to face my past and realise what someone so close to me had lost.

The fox glances at the Tails Doll.

Tails: But, in all this, I have learned another valuble lesson: when to let myself grow up. As you can see, I'm not the same little kit who played all day with a hovering plush toy. I now have my own responsibilities and activities. However, there is a girl I know that can really use a friend when everyone else has other things to do, and I want to say that you can't ask for a better candidate.

Tails and the Tails Doll hug for one last time.

Tails: Will you promise to take care of her?

Tails Doll: I'll be as kind to her as I was to you, all those years ago.

Tails: That's all I ask.

The Tails Doll glaces at Marine, turns, and flys towards her.

Tails Doll: Tails told me that you were looking for me.

Marine's eyes widen.

Marine: Y-yes....

Tails Doll: Then, you're welcome to me....friend.

In a rare twist of fate, Marine cannot find the words to say. Then, as tears fill her eyes, she embraces her new friend.

-------------

It is a hot day in the desert. A gas station sits on the side of a lonely road. The place is all but abandoned, as only a store clerk is there, sitting at the counter, waiting for customers that may never arrive. Suddenly, the tell-tell sound of a motor hits his ear. Louder and louder it grows. Finally, a motorcycle comes into view, swerves, and comes to a stop in a dusty parking lot. As the dust settles, a familiar figure walks up to the establishment, picks up a pay phone, inserts a couple of coins, and waits for the intended person to pick up.

Fang: Come on, come on.

???:Hello?

Fang: Ah! Just the guy I wanted to hear!

???: Ah, yes. Fang the Sniper. I trust you're last venture was successful?

Fang: Well, not exactly... me and my boys hit a few snags.

???: Oh, I'd say you hit more than a few snags.

Fang: Eh.

???: I've had you three under close surveillance. You failed me miserably!

Fang: Listen, mate, accidents happen!

???: Accidents? You call breaking apart half of a mountain an "accident"?

Fang: Look, these things happen!

???: I thought you three could provide assistance to me. I give you one chance to prove yourselves, and you make one stupid mistake after another!

Fang: No worries, mate! I'll make it up to you next time!

???: No, Nack. There won't be a next time. As of now, your services for me are terminated.

Fang: Wait, wait! Give me another chance! I'll make it worth your while! Those coins were a fluke! Honest!

???: I never was interested in the coins. I have enough resources as it is. I wanted to see if you could provide an edge to my advancements, but it appears that smuggling supplies to get you out of prison was a mistake!

Fang: Fine, fine. The joke's on you! Me and my boys are free, and we are gonna make you wish you had kept us!

???: Please. You don't even know who I am. However, I will let you know that even your freedom is in doubt.

Fang: What are ya blabberin' about now, mate?

???: I've placed a tracker on your vehicle. The police should catch up any minute now.

Fang: What? Why you little-

???: Ah! Ah! Ah! You want to prove yourself as some great criminal? Well, I'd get on my bike and on the road if I were you.

Fang: You tricked me! If I ever find out who you are, I'll-

???: Calm down and start running, Mr. Sniper. When I'm done with my business, it won't matter!

The room the mysterious caller resides in is covered in darkness. Light shines between a partially-closed venetian blinds and onto the nearby wall. The silhouette of a desk, phone, and the chair can barely be made out. The caller is obcured as he faces the other way towards the blinds. As he hangs up the phone, a huge smile crosses his face.

???: Nothing will matter.

----------The End------------
    Nice story dude

Quote Originally Posted by theadvisor1234 View Post
    i'll admit, this isn't one of my better stories. I probably should've explained a few things better. Anyway, i haven't touched this story in around six months, so let's just let it die.
    i demand moar>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    The internet is ruining my childhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    It'll ruin your adulthood too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic5993 View Post
    i demand moar>
    In another thread for another story.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast