View Poll Results: Mod Tools?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! That would be nice, also might expand the game for others!

26 86.67%
  • No, Modding would ruin the game.

4 13.33%
  • What the hell is a mod tool.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Generations PC + Mod Tools

Banned

Lightbulb Sonic Generations PC + Mod Tools

So, now that Sonic Generations has been confirmed for PC, who thinks Mod Tools would be nice? Though, I haven't seen much of the PC Sonic Series get much mods, including SASAS, I think it would be cool if SEGA added Mod Tools for Maps, Models, and such into Sonic Generations. Who else agrees?

Isn't mods and hacks a big part of the reason they stopped making Sonic games for the PC?
    11/20/11: The day the intelligence died. The Adventure Rapture. Over 20 threads. 1 day
    Big the Cat:Thou's threads may be locked,but the spirit roams free...

Oh god, I wonder how long it'll take till someone has the ability to make their own levels. O_O

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SUPASONICBOOM View Post
    Isn't mods and hacks a big part of the reason they stopped making Sonic games for the PC?
    On PC? I don't think so. Mostly because of Piracy. But modding on PC is actually supported by almost every Developer. Hacking is a small thing in PC though. Not much people hack compared to modders.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPASONICBOOM View Post
    Uhm, no, it's because the newer engines were optimized for next gen, which is much harder to port. They did it on this occasion because it's Sonic's 20th. And piracy I guess, which is now fixed for Steam. And what he means by mods is Sonic Adventure DX PC mods, and I really wouldn't mind it. However, it'll be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before it gets modded, SEGA has really stepped up their encoding, Adventure DX just had poor encoding, like the music and sound were in WMA files =\. To this day ASR hasn't been modded, not even the music. I'd freaking love to mod ASR, but it just hasn't been cracked yet.

Subscribe to me on YouTube! Lot's of Let's Plays and Gameplay, including Sonic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Aaron Webber is the Final Boss.

No one cares about ASR to mod it. With Generations, people are willing to hack/mod it. Imagine skin swaps which allow you to play as Shadow/Blaze/Silver/etc in singleplayer. If Sega won't do it, then the fans will.

First thing I'd do if I got my hands on mod tools would be to make Classic Sonic's eyes green
    ...And Moderns black.
    ALSO HOMING FOR CLASSIC.
    I'd seriously do it just for the reactions.

Queen of the SEGA Forum
    YouTube|Tumblr|WebM Script

Quote Originally Posted by linkhatcherT View Post
    #basedcyron

SEGA won't be releasing any mod tools. I'm sure we will be seeing other people hack into it though.
    Cat Neko not a Woof

Whether or not Mods will be supported they'll probably happen inevitably. I hope there's a modding community for this game, there's so much potential.

Banned

I remember hearing that steam encourages modding. I'm sure some fan made mods will surface within a week.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast