Thread: The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut (Reviews thread)

Default The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut (Reviews thread)

Post any reviews related to this game with the headline or a small summery of the game and the link to the page.

IGN
    Two years later, a Wii game rises from its grave.
    7.5 OVERALL Good (out of 10)

I really wanted to love House of the Dead: Overkill when it came to the Wii in 2009. An on-rails shooter, Overkill oozes fun with over the top dialogue, mutant dismemberment and tons to unlock. Trouble was, the Wii could barely run the game. It would chug, stutter and frustrate me with technical limitations that ruined the experience. That isn't a problem on the PlayStation 3.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210576p1.html
    Last edited by videoman; 10-25-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Default House Of The Dead: Overkill Extended Cut Gave Me Multiple Goregasms

StickTwiddlers review

http://sticktwiddlers.com/2011/11/03...ple-goregasms/

When House of the Dead: Overkill was released on the Wii it broke headlines for its content, but I applauded SEGA and Headstrong Games for releasing a game of this nature that was actually fun to play with a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek humour involved.

On the SEGA forums, there became demand to have it released for the PS Move and now we have it. HOTD: Overkill Extended also comes with a fair few extras to that of its Wii counterpart including two new levels as well as some more extra content to collect.
    Is it enough to warrant a second purchase for those that already have the Wii version? I answer that with a resounding, hell yes!

My Virtua Tennis Wii FC is 3051 5225 0757 fair play
    My Gamertag is no1phil Add me if you play fair online.
    My PSN is phil_no_1 Add me if you play fair online.