Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why is Sonic & Mario Olympics selling so well?

I'm thinking maybe it's because not only does it have the biggest mascots of two big companies, but it also includes alot of playable characters from each one, so since many characters haven't been playable in the Sonic series for such a long time, they are playable here and that could be another reason why alot of people are buying it.

Just a thought, i myself am buying this soon and Tails being playable is a huge plus for me.

The first game sold well because well...

MARIO AND SONIC IN THE SAME GAME!? THIS MUST BE INCREDIBLE!
    "I would give up, but I guess my head doesn't want to do it" - Tails "Miles" Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Prower View Post
    I'm thinking maybe it's because not only does it have the biggest mascots of two big companies, but it also includes alot of playable characters from each one, so since many characters haven't been playable in the Sonic series for such a long time, they are playable here and that could be another reason why alot of people are buying it.

Just a thought, i myself am buying this soon and Tails being playable is a huge plus for me.
    This. I haven't been able to play as Tails( or many other characters) in a long time. These are the only games since 2006 since anybody was playable besides Sonic.

I could bring at least half a dozen examples of why that's not true.
    The Sega West forum's resident reptilian analyst/fangirl saying "Seriously, if I couldn't get any more than that in Generations, he's never coming back".

Character Researcher, Logistical, Obsessed.

Two big reasons why.

1. The game features Mario and Sonic. These two mascots are widely popular, and both companies were once fierce rivals. Seeing them both together in the first game was a gem, and it's continued since.

2. It's a party game attracting families of all ages and the casual market. This is a big market that sometimes is really difficult to lure because they're not that interested in the fierce competitive edge that the "hardcore" games have. These games are more relaxing and invite families and friends who can share a peaceful, fun "competition" together. Mario & Sonic has successfully captured this audience time and time again. The more they buy these party games, the more Sega and Nintendo will pair up to continually develop them.
    Last edited by Dark Qiviut; 04-17-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Junior Member DreamerOfLight_367's Avatar

Thats easy! The Sonic and mario at the olympics has 2 of the best characters in gaming: Sonic and Mario. The game is set in London where almost 59 million fans await.

They are extremely fun and for the whole family.

^ What is this I dun even....

Personally, I don't like the sereis. I have no idea why they sell so well. I suppose they are intended for a younger audiance considering the lack of all things that make sonic and mario good game franchises. It may be that people are just really excited about the upcoming Olympics that people simply don't regognize this is just your standard olympic based video game.

in the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!!!!!

everyone basicly answered the question, its to famous charaters goin head to head with each other.
    its the ultimate showdown

Because it is accessible to casuals who suck at real games.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2wp2uyd.jpg Vectorman TM & (C) SEGA

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast