Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auction house guide

Default Auction house guide and queries

Hi all I was just wondering if there's any guide in using the auction house for newbies etc? I haven't seen any of this around in the FAQ thread by tyler or a compilation anywhere

1)fees: how much do you get charged?
    1~99dp you get charged 10% auction fee - ie you will get 89 dp if someone bidded on 99dp
    100~499dp you get charged 15% auction fee - ie you will get 424 dp if someone bidded 499dp
    500~999dp you get charged 20% auction fee
    1000+dp (max known here is 7600 thx to mikmik) you get charged 25% - ie you will get 1500dp if someone bidded 2000dp

There doesn't seem to be a higher tier than 25% as of yet.

2)time: how long does it take for your monster until it becomes "finished for auction"?
    24 hours once you put the monster on auction, and once it has been bidded on it cannot be taken down, and bids cannot be changed or withdrawn once bidded upon. The time that is on each auction is when it finishes, in YOUR local time not game time (JST)

3)notifications: there is no notifications if someone has bidded higher than you so you have to bid high initially to increase your chances of winning, and your dp will be stuck as long as the auction is running and it'll be returned once it finishes - There is yet to be a function to allow you to be notified if you've lost a particular auction - you just have to keep track when your dp refunds back or not. The only notification you get is when you have successfully bidded for an auction.

4)Filters: As far as I know seems like the only filters are either by searching or rearranging how the monsters are shown (ie by rarity, DP, bid count etc). You cannot subdivide the names as it's not specific to the phrase you've search for but all of the mobs including your keyword ie. such as Lizardman you come up with all sorts of lizardman, royal, guardian, etc. If you search "garg" all the gargoyles will come out. Alsofor some kind of weird reason ligneuous fighter and mermaid or siren comes up with other searches i've seen.

And no there's no function to search which player has listed any particular mob so if you find like an SR sylph for sale you cannot pester the player to lower the price or whatever lol

5)Screening for skills: There are 2 ways to help screen for skill: A) by pressing the [>] tab at the top right of the screen and this shows you mobs that have multiple skills or B) by hitting the search button and scrolling down to "search by skill name" from "search by monster name", this will list the mobs with the desired skill (ie. search for "mind shift") There doesn't seem to be a way of looking at individual skill levels unless you go into the mob specifically, so at random times people can buy an auction for a level 5 skilled mob without realising.

6)Amount of bids: it says in game that you can only do a maximum of 10 bids a day - this is regarding 10 live auctions at any one time, if you bid on ones that has finished it doesn't count towards that 10 so it's not a good idea to bid on 10 things and then be stuck until one of them finishes - just in case you stumble upon some other good deals that has finished

7) To bid for auctions that are ending soon: There are multiple ways of doing this and depending on how you want to spend your DP:-

A) If you want to spend on mobs that are lowest in DP which are fresh and ending soon (usually applies especially during the 1CP Campaign) you would want to list the auctions by DP, ascending, leaving the search field blank and search and scroll to the page that the mobs just cut off with "Auction Finished" and the corresponding LOCAL time. You will see that the time straight after the auction finished mobs are very close and will end soon. If you want to keep checking out higher DP, like 11 or 12 you repeat the process and scroll through to the page where the "Auction Finished" tag cuts off and you will see all the mobs before that are ones that are finishing soon. This will work for all sorts of rarity.

B) If you just want to mass screen common and UC mobs that are ending soon you would sort the mobs by Rarity, ascending, leave the search field blank and search and scroll through until you don't see auction finished sign and the times right after those are ones that are going to end soon, and not sorted by DP. For C mobs it'll take quite a few pages and UC mobs even more as you have to fully scroll through all the C and UC mobs.

But because there is no 'choose your page' function in KC, the best way to go to something like page 50 is look for a commonly named mob such as bat or lizardman, and hit "last page" and then search again it will take you to whichever page you have last landed on. To go into a bit more detail though if the next search has less mobs that what you did initially (ie 20 pages instead of 50 pages), it will take you to page 20. Somehow KC has a bug where if there is less pages in your second search, the last page doesn't show it's results - is often annoying when you search mobs that only has 1 or 2 pages, where you have to search it again to show it properly.

are there any other tips or knowledge to share from anyone? any would be appreciated and thanks for reading.

~updated 2March12
    Last edited by watermelonma; 03-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Yea, bet not many know that you could perform a search for 'skill name' as opposed to 'monster name'. At the search dialog box, scroll down from monster name to skill name and type in the skill you want to search for

Quote Originally Posted by SirMaximus View Post
    Yea, bet not many know that you could perform a search for 'skill name' as opposed to 'monster name'. At the search dialog box, scroll down from monster name to skill name and type in the skill you want to search for
    did not know that, should come in handy thanks!

nice one watermelonma...but my rates is a bit different? but been a while since i traded above 1000
    1-99 10%
    100-499 15%
    500-999 20%
    1000-1999 25%

Quote Originally Posted by laughing View Post
    1-99 10%
    100-499 15%
    500-999 20%
    1000-1999 25%
    Yes, based on my experience this is correct. Except i've never tried what's the limit for the 25% auction fee

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    nice one watermelonma...but my rates is a bit different? but been a while since i traded above 1000
    1-99 10%
    100-499 15%
    500-999 20%
    1000-1999 25%
    with my figures of 1500 / 2000 i meant 25% sorry bad maths initially

may know more if my rare sells for 3k dp
    Last edited by watermelonma; 01-01-2012 at 02:26 PM.

just an update, my SR sold for 2999 dp was still deducted 25% so fee was 750

so 1000-2999 = 25%

not sure if there's another tier

my sylph sold for 7600 > 5900

I think the max u lose is 25%.. Personally I think this cost rule sucks as DP is rare enough as it is My best sell was a chaos dragon which I sold for 6600DP. Was a SWEET sell!

My posts are TeKt0n1c
    You just got Tekkerised!

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap. TylerDurden's Avatar

I think the high rates do three things.

1) Encourages people to put their mobs up for less which in turn lowers overall auction prices.
    2) Discourages players from transferring large amounts of DP between alt accounts by putting up a C Bat for 9999dp.
    3) Lowers the amount of high cost mobs that are over market value and never sell (cluttering the auction house).

Thank you for this guide watermelonma! I've been hoping someone would write one up eventually. I will add this to the guide list. feel free to update it and perfect it as you feel you gain more knowledge of the process.
    "Every ounce of effort put towards defense is an ounce of effort taken away from offense."
    Want to contribute to the Kingdom Conquest community? Help out by adding to the wiki site! http://ukcw.wikidot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast