Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarification: Posting YouTube Videos

Community Manager Emeritus kateburning's Avatar

Cool Clarification: Posting YouTube Videos

Happy New Year, everyone!

We wanted to post a reminder that any YouTube videos you link to or post onto the forums need to adhere to SEGA forum policy. Please note that this also applies to language in videos - if any language in a video wouldn't make it through our word filter, please do not post it on the forums. We want to keep the forums family-friendly and welcoming to everyone, and your lovely admins and mods have final decision on inappropriate content. As a reminder, I've posted our "questionable content" policy below.

"You know where that line is, just don't cross it. Please refrain from posting content (and links to content) that is abusive, sexually-oriented, threatening, vulgar, hateful, obscene, provoking, sexist, racist, misleading, intentionally inaccurate, harassing, profane, privacy invading, persuasive toward illegal behavior, or contains viruses or other malicious code. Donít attempt to evade the word filter, and donít assume that because the word filter didnít catch it, itís appropriate. Please donít quote anotherís use of profanity. No matter who originates it, itís still a violation of the rules to post it. We do not allow discussions about politics, religion, or other potentially sensitive topics. Please respect other membersí preferences about being quoted. If someone asks you to remove a quote of theirs from your post, profile, or signature, please do so."

If you have any other questions on forum rules/policy, please visit our FAQs.

Banned

Can we censor the video through audio editing, and then post it?

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Can we censor the video through audio editing, and then post it?
    As long as whatever you've edited it down to is forum-friendly.

I can't believe you guys actually unbanned me. For the record, that video I posted contained a scene that they cut out when they air it on Comedy Central. That doesn't excuse the behavior, of course, but it does explain how someone could make a mistake like that. At any rate, I'll be more careful with that in the future. Thank you so much for giving me another chance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games at all. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt The Cat View Post
    I can't believe you guys actually unbanned me. For the record, that video I posted contained a scene that they cut out when they air it on Comedy Central. That doesn't excuse the behavior, of course, but it does explain how someone could make a mistake like that. At any rate, I'll be more careful with that in the future. Thank you so much for giving me another chance!
    Welcome back, Bolt!

Good to see you back on our forums.
    Make sure you're more careful in the future.
    YouTube Channel

I am regularly active on KH-Vids: https://kh-vids.net/members/3091/

Super Moderator - His High Lord Cromulensce cochrane's Avatar

Welcome back, Bolt. No hard feelings. We all make mistakes. Often I make more than my share.

I actually can't tell when the blood is turned on or off in videos I post from Youtube because there is no Flash for my computer that can show youtube video at a rate of more than 8 seconds per frame... You heard me, it's not the other way around, that's nearly 0.1 fps...
    I actually apologized publicly at not knowing, and then Aaron replied saying the video did not violate hatena rules...

nice to see you got unbanned bolt! now we just need sonic 1 to get unbanned!

I'm curious. Can you use spoiler tags for videos with explicit content? Or is it prohibited no matter what?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast