Thread: A request for the designers of Aliens: Colonial Marines

Default A request for the designers of Aliens: Colonial Marines

Please take Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection and make them non canon. With those movies existing in the storyline the fiction simply cannot live in the imagination, the ridiculous concepts and inconsistencies ruined the alien franchise. This could be the saving grace for Aliens, de-establishing the events created by those 2 movies while replacing them with a much more sensical direction for the story that we can all take more seriously.

I mean wtf, how do you make a clone of someone and there be an alien embryo still inside them, you would at least need 2 different DNAs and still it makes no biological sense in any way of looking at it. Alien 3 was a mess first of all, and no one can explain how that egg got on the ship, its just there so there would be a movie. Please consider this, its something everyone would thank you for.
    Last edited by Boo; 01-08-2012 at 03:32 PM.

They are Sci Fi horror films, not a ing biology lesson, and nobody would be greatful, your just complaining about something really pointless.

One there's not that much of a cannon error. Resurrection is years in the future. If you have a problem with them cloning the embryo then you need to ask them to remove alien worlds where humans can breath, the pulse rifle needs to be limited to 20-30 rounds per clip and the spaceships to have no gravity. All these are more of a question to me then the cloning. You would also have to rule out the ending to the second film. Either the planets tiny or thats a huge nuclear blast that'd trash all the structures.

They already say it's going to fill the gaps between Aliens and Alien 3, why they got the original designer to give them help. And considering the entire series is all about bio-weapons division of Wayland Yutani trying to get hold of the xenomorphs, Yeah the egg seems unlikely but then again the queen getting on board seems unlikely. The egg I always thought was something maybe a drone brought online, why their was a fire and the ship ejected the survivors in the life pod. Why the ship returned to LV-426 and orbits.

So far from what I've seen they seem to have put a lot of effort in to this. I'd be more worried about the knew types of aliens brought in to play then the films following on from a small fragment of this game.

^LV-426 is a moon, NOT a planet. Not to mention the Nuclear blast is huge, 40 megatons.
    "Its the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction.
    "Look into my eye!" - Sgt. Apone, ALIENS.
    My ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES Ideas Post

have you considered that maybe you just forget trying to compare the old from the new and just be opened mind and enjoy what you've given to work with, I've been reading the aliens books, yeah doesnt always make sense but I still enjoy the ideas and the way everything is built up.

I'm not worried about the plot tying in with movies or not. I just want them to do simple things right, like acid blood spatter and dismemberment. When you look at the game play videos, you see less of that than the classic AVP PC game had. Also the pulse rifle doesn't sound the same. That crusher alien? Total nonsense. I'm still looking forward to the game though.

I don't think game designers can make the movies non canon