Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: European Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA/Mirai suggestion

I'd like this game to eventually be released outside of Japan, and into Europe and North America. There are MANY Hatsune Miku game fans out there, and would live this game to be available. I am new to the DS system, and am getting some games for it. This game is one of those games I would like to play, if possible~ Arigato

Quote Originally Posted by cutiejune View Post
    Whats a weabook? does it mean nut? crazy person, or something like that?
    a weaboo is someone infatuated with Japanese culture (often times just anime and manga) to the point where they obsess over Japan, and make a fool of themselves by using Japanese words in their sentences. I'm not sure how it applies in this case, since it's dumb to call all vocaloid fans weaboos merely because they enjoy a certain type of music.
    Last edited by Taffy; 04-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.

SEGA, please, we beg you, you have already declined to release the project divas and dreamy theater AND arcade. i beg of you with my whole being. we would also be greatfull if you threw those in too <3

I sign this. SEGA has always had some crazy games and people do like them for that. Seeing a lot of SEGA IPs unfortunately failed in the West lately (Binary, Yakuza), why not simply risk with some more extraordinary game?

Take the risk SEGA for this experiment, that would be great.

Hello, I am a big VOCALOID fan living in America. It may seem like VOCALOID is not well known in America, and therefore is not worth localizing, but you might be surprised at how popular it is. At first, the only people I knew who liked VOCALOID were my sister and me. Then, I discovered a group of people at my school who liked VOCALOID, and she also met some friends who listen to them. And these were two seperate groups. At Anime Expo, the VOCALOID concert there sold out weeks before the event. In fact, I was not able to go but my sister was barely able to buy a ticket from someone right before the event. VOCALOID videos with English subs often get more than a million views. Searching VOCALOID on Google brings up almost 48 million hits, when set to search for only English pages.
    And VOCALOID is only getting more popular. There is a petition to send them to the Olympics. Out of hundreds of potential singers, she is number one on the list. http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/si...remonies-2.asp
    It would surprise you just how many people in North America and across the world love the VOCALOIDs.

So many 1-2 post members here. :V

I don't follow Miku, but I'm tempted to import DIVA seeing they have budget releases now. An US release would be nice but it is hard to get almost anything localized on the PSP.
    A world of advice for SEGA, I would suggest looking into digital localizations if you are so worried. I think it can work out but if it was up to me I would localize Shining, Valkyria Chronicles III or Sakura Wars games over it however.

New sig under construction
    Tumblr

Miku/Vocaloid is really popular internationally! Popular YouTube users like Michelle Phan, The Fine Brothers, David Choi, and even The Sims (the offical YouTube channel, not a fan one) have used Miku/Vocaloid in various ways for YouTube videos, Toyota has used Miku to help advertise the 2011 Toyota Corolla, and has proven to be very popular on the internet. (YouTube and DeviantArt are just a few examples of websites) Miku is currently #1 for a poll on who you'd like to see perform at the 2012 Olympics, beating South Korean bands Girls Generation and Super Junior, as well as every American singer/band on the long list. Crypton Future Media, who makes the most popular Vocaloids (including Miku), has noticed Vocaloid's growing fanbase outside of Japan and recently created Mikubook, a Vocaloid based website where you can find songs you like. CFM has also sent some of their Vocaloids to Los Angeles for a sold out concert at the famous Nokia Theater during last year's Anime Expo in July 2011.

Localizing Project Mirai would be amazing for the western Vocaloid fans because they wouldn't have to purchase a JPN 3DS for the game. Nobody would like having to buy a JPN 3DS when you don't live there! As a plus, you (SEGA) could earn lots of $$ for doing this, since every western Vocaloid fan would buy or even pre-order it! But if you do it, here's one tip, don't get voice actors or get the Vocaloids to sing in English, we seriously won't like it, so just translate all the Japanese text in menus and such, and put English or Romaji (Romanized Japanese) subs in place of the Japanese subs during the game!(AKA the songs)

To sum it all up, I think localizing Project Mirai would give you lots of $$, and you can satsify the growing Vocaloid fanbase. I, along with all fans, hope that this will be done soon, and if you do this, arigato!! (Japanese for "Thank You!")

Miku's awesome! She should be known around the world!
    <Daughter of Cyron (笑)>

Come on! Miku is famous in America and Europe too! Everyone loves her! She is an inspiration to us all! They would make SOOOO much MONEY. I want the miku game sooo bad ;u;

Is there anything we should be doing to show support? Like linking this thread on Reddit or something?

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast