Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Step by Step Synthing Guide for Newbies

Default Step by Step Synthing Guide for Newbies

Part 2: Synthing Guide

Many newbies are still unsure about synthing and are thoroughly afraid of jumping in. Its true, its a big waste of time, energy and DP, sometimes CP. As with everything in this game, its a gamble. If you like gambling, this game is for you, if you're addicted, pls seek counselling. This is a beginner level guide.

What this thread is NOT
    It will not teach you how to build your kingdom.
    It will not teach you how to earn DP.
    It will not teach you of the different builds out there. For build types refer to my other guide and flip to the last page: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...n-how-to-synth
    It will not teach you how to Stat. For learning how to Stat pls refer to my other guide and flip to the last page: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...28#post7112328

What this thread IS
    It will teach you how to synth properly, Step-by-Step Style.

This guide is divided in 5 parts (a) Leveling a Skill (b) Adding a Skill (c) Removing a Skill (d) Skill Order (e) Orb Synthing
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Side Note:
    Max attainable level for each skill eg. Mind Shift, Acid Mist etc... is level 10. Most players try synth it to at least level 7. Skill levels 1 to 5 can easily be leveled with a high success rate, levels 6 and above have a significantly higher failure rate, some players report trying almost 10-20 times to level from 6 to 7.

All Shifts and Tricks have a description saying that cast success is determined for each monster. That is a Bulls*** description. What it basically means is that at level 1 the skill cast success rate is lowest while level 10 skill cast success rate is highest, casting will be done on each monster individually. Level your Shift/Trick up to 7. Period.

For newbies who wish to level their Super Rare skills eg. Minotaur Commander Valiant Shift, basically what you need is at least 4 Super Rare Minotaur Commanders to attempt to level it to level 7. Yes you heard it, its only for the rich, stop trying to tell the world you have 1 SR unit and you're going to own the world. Alternatively, you can use orbs which is not cheap either.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) Leveling a Skill
    Leveling of a skill is the most basic function in Kingdom Conquest, by leveling a skill you increase the casting chance of active spells/Shifts and poison auras, it will also increase the passive stat boost of attack/wisdom/speed auras. For SR units, this will normally increase the damage for its active spells. Common/Uncommon units start with a base skill level 1. Rares and Super Rares base skill starts off at level 3. Leveling of skills can only be done with the exact same unit and rarity.

Part (a) will be based on leveling Attack Aura of a Common Dire Wolf from Level 1 to 2 (Subsequently Level 7), have at least 2 Common Dire Wolfs and 20DP ready.

Step

1. To level a skill of a monster first press the animal icon on your main screen called "Unit", a new screen will pop up.

2. Select the green "Synthesis" button from the right hand side of the new screen. Another new screen will pop up.

3. Use your finger and drag the picture of the Dire Wolf unit into "Base" slot of the new screen.

4. Another screen will pop up to show the units that can be used to level the Dire Wolf.

5. Drag another Dire Wolf into the "Add" slot.

6. Press the red button "Synthesis".

7. A screen will pop up with header "Enhance Skill"

8. There will be a reel showing "Attack Aura LV 1", try moving it up and down for fun (this reel will only be applicable when you level your second and third skills).

9. Press the dark red button "Synthesize" (Number 20 for poor people like me which has a lower success rate, Number 50 for rich people which has a higher success rate, the actual success rate was not published by Sega).

10. Perform "Synthesis"? Press "Yes".

11. Nice animation with red bar pops up, this is the time where you pray.

12. If it says Synthesis Successful, congratulations you have destroyed 1 Common Dire Wolf in the process of synthing but have sucessfully increased Attack Aura to Level 2 and achieved your objective. You have now completed part (a) of this guide. Repeat from Step 1 with your current Common Dire Wolf Level 2 Attack Aura and buy another Common Dire Wolf Level 1 Attack Aura from Auction house, continue synthing again and again until you reach Attack Aura Level 7 to continue part (b) of this guide. Alternatively you may try using an Uncommon Ghoul instead to increase Assault Trick to Level 5 to continue to part (b) of this guide. Refer to **Side Note for additional misc information.
    If Synthesis failed refer to Step 13.

13. Synthesis has failed, you have gotten some dumb monster souls and lost 1 Common Dire Wolf in the process, this is the part where you curse and swear, there is no recourse to your loss. You will need to buy another Common Dire Wolf from the auction house and restart from Step 1 again.

(b) Adding a Skill
    In Part (a) we have learnt how to level a skill. For Part (b) we are learning how to add a skill which is sort of like a cleric learning how to cast multiple buffs. Each monster can have a max of 3 skills (1+2), the more skills you learn, the more buffs/special attacks you get which makes your combat more advantageous.

Part (b) will be based on adding an Assault Shift onto a Ghost (learner). Have a Common Ghost (learner) (or any other unit you want an Assault Shift synthed on), 50CP, a Common Dire Wolf (teacher) with Level 7 Attack Aura or Uncommon Ghoul (teacher) with Level 5 Assault Trick ready. If you're not sure how to level your skills refer to Part (a) Leveling a Skill.

Wait how do we know what other monster skills can be added? Pls refer to the link below:
    http://bit.ly/kcmobs2html
    Select Mob Synth Info from the top of the spreadsheet and scroll to Common Dire Wolf or Uncommon Ghoul.
    Synthesis #1~#3 and Lvl 7 Synth skill can be all be obtained from the monster with varying chances. Continue to Step 1 to learn step by step, alternatively you may skip and refer directly to Step 8 to understand how it works (it may be more confusing if you skip directly).

Step

1. To add a new skill to a monster first press the animal icon on your main screen called "Unit", a new screen will pop up.

2. Select the green "Synthesis" button from the right hand side of the new screen. Another new screen will pop up.

3. On the new screen press the green "Enhance Skill" button on the left side. A new screen will pop up to "Select the synthesis method".

4. Press the "Learn Skill" Button. You will be returned to the main screen.

5. Drag the Common Ghost (learner) into the "Base" slot of the main screen.

6. Drag the Uncommon Ghoul (teacher) with Level 5 Assault Trick or Common Dire Wolf (teacher) with Level 7 Attack Aura into the "Add" slot.

7. Press the red "Synthesis" button.

8. A screen will pop up with header "Learn Skill" and you will see different chances of success.

What does this new screen with all the % listed mean? This requires a whole section on itself, pls see below.

Basically your ghost will have % chances to learn the skill listed there.

If you press the "Synthesize" 20 button while using your Common Dire Wolf with Level 7 Attack Aura, you have 35% chance to learn Assault Shift, 10% chance to learn Knowledge of Power, 5% chance to learn Smash.
    If you press the "Synthesize" 50 button while using your Common Dire Wolf with Level 7 Attack Aura, you have 70% chance to learn Assault Shift, 20% chance to learn Knowledge of Power, 10% chance to learn Smash.

If you press the "Synthesize" 20 button while using your Uncommon Ghoul with Level 5 Assault Trick, you have 35% chance to learn Assault Shift, 10% chance to learn Acid Mist, 5% chance to learn Attack Aura.
    If you press the "Synthesize" 50 button while using your Uncommon Ghoul with Level 5 Assault trick, you have 70% chance to learn Assault Shift, 20% chance to learn Acid Mist, 10% chance to learn Attack Aura.

I will show how the Learn Skill screen will look like for different skill levels of the Wolf (teacher) and Ghoul (teacher), compare this with the Mob Synth info in http://bit.ly/kcmobs2html, go figure.

Uncommon Ghoul: Assault Trick Level 1
    Acid Mist 35% 70%
    Attack Aura 10% 20%
    Assault Shift 5% 10%

Uncommon Ghoul: Assault Trick Level 3
    Attack Aura 35% 70%
    Assault Shift 10% 20%
    Acid Mist 5% 10%

Uncommon Ghoul: Assault Trick Level 5
    Assault Shift 35% 70%
    Acid Mist 10% 20%
    Attack Aura 5% 10%

Uncommon Ghoul: Assault Trick Level 7
    Smash 35% 70%
    Attack Aura 10% 20%
    Assault Shift 5% 10%

Common Dire Wolf: Attack Aura Level 1

Attack Aura 35% 70%
    Knowledge of Power 10% 20%
    Smash 5% 10%

Common Dire Wolf: Attack Aura Level 7

Assault Shift 35% 70%
    Knowledge of Power 10% 20%
    Smash 5% 10%

*Hint: Basically the chances of learning different skills rotate as you level the skills of the teacher. At level 7, a hidden skill is introduced.

9. I strongly urge you to press the "Synthesize" 50 button.

10. When pop up says "Perform synthesis using CP?". Press the red "Yes" button.

12. A pop up will say, congratulations you have learnt XXX skill. If XXX skill is called Assault Shift congratulations!!!!! You have destroyed your Common Dire Wolf (teacher) or Uncommon Ghoul (teacher) in the process of synthing but you have successfully completed part (b) of my guide. You have successfully learnt a new skill, check that your Common Ghost now has a Dark Reel and Assault Shift (learned). You can level Assault Shift by following part (a) using your current Ghost Dark Reel Lvl 1 Assault Shift Lvl 1 and buying another Common Ghost Dark Reel Lvl 1 from the auction house. At part (a)8. drag Dark Reel upwards to reveal Assault Shift and follow through the same steps to level it. For any other wrongly gained skills pls refer to step 13.

13. If XXX skill is not Assault Shift, this is the part where you curse and swear. Sorry tough luck buddy, your Common Dire Wolf (teacher) or Uncommon Ghoul (teacher) was lost in the synthing process. Apparently your dice roll fell into the 10% or 20% range and thus did not get Assault Shift. You have synthed on an unwanted skill e.g. Attack Aura, Knowledge of Power, Smash or Acid Mist. Refer to my next part of the guide, removing a skill to remove it.

(c) Removing a Skill
    Part (c) will be based on removing an Acid Mist from a Ghost. Have 20DP ready and any other unwanted unit.

Step

1. To remove a skill from a monster first press the animal icon on your main screen called "Unit", a new screen will pop up.

3. On the new screen press the green "Enhance Skill" button on the left side. A new screen will pop up to "Select the synthesis method".

4. Press the "Remove Skill" Button. You will be returned to the main screen.

5. Drag the Common Ghost into the "Base" slot of the main screen.

6. Drag any other unwanted unit into the "Add" slot.

7. Press the red "Synthesis" button.

8. A screen will pop up with header "Remove Skill".

9. Use your finger and hold onto the skill "Dark Reel LV 1" and drag upwards to see "Acid Mist LV 1".

10. Press the red "Remove" 20 button.

12. A pop up will say, congratulations you have removed Acid Mist, proceed to Step 13. If a pop up says skill was not removed, repeat from Step 1 again.
    *Note that removing skill will remove the entire skill from the unit be it Level 1 or 7 Acid Mist. Base skills cannot be removed.

13. You may try your luck to add an Assault Shift again from part (b) but a new Common Dire Wolf with Level 7 Attack Aura or Uncommon Ghoul with Level 5 Assault Trick will be required.
    *Hint At this point for demoralized players who have a streak of bad luck adding skills, I recommend you do reverse synthing. Basically, go to Auction house, buy an Uncommon Ghoul wih Level 1 Assault Trick and attempt to add skill to your Ghost. With some unluckiness, you might actually get an Assault Shift onto your Ghost at one go.

(d) Skill Order
    This is a very short section on skill order.

You can have a maximum of 3 skills (1+2) on each unit. Skills are listed as Skill 1,2 and 3 on the top right corner when you press on your unit in the "Unit" screen (assuming your unit has added 3 skills already).

Shifts and Tricks for each unit will cast in order of the skill numbering before combat i.e. Skill 1 then 2 then 3. Active skills will be casted seperately during combat with the odds listed on the skill. Always cast a Mind Shift first before casting any other Shifts and Tricks to improve the casting strength.

*Note Casting order of seperate units is determined by speed. Unit with the slowest speed will cast first while the fastest unit will cast last.

(e) Orb Synthing
    Orb synthing is the alternative/possibly cheaper way of leveling your skills for Super Rares and Rare mobs. Remember in part (a) and (b) of this guide where sometimes synthing fails or when you discard a monster card you don't want by dragging your monster card to the white orb on the right side of your unit screen? Monster Souls are obtained from the above two actions. When this circular white orb becomes fully filled/purple, thats when you obtain 1 orb point which can be used to draw an orb pack. The orb pack can be found in the monster draw pack screen after your dungeon runs. By drawing an orb pack you can obtain 1 eg. Dragon orb, Beast orb, Demihuman orb, Giant orb etc...

So how does orb synthing help? Traditionally, skills on Super Rare and Rare mobs were extremely hard to level because you needed to have the exact same unit and rarity. This posed a problem to Sega because how many same Super Rare mobs can you get in the market to do this? Only the very rich would EVER try spending a few thousand dollars to draw Super Rares or Rares of the same kind and THAT affected their bottomline. Nah I'm kidding on the bottomline part, but eventually orb synthing was introduced so as to allow means for more people to level their skills on their Super Rare or Rare mobs.

Part (e) will be based on leveling a Rare Fire Giant. Have 1 Rare Fire Giant with default Level 3 Earth Barrage, 1 Rare Iron Golem and 1 Rare Giant orb card ready.

Step

1. To use the orb to level a skill of a monster first press the animal icon on your main screen called "Unit", a new screen will pop up.

3. Use your finger and drag the picture of the Rare Fire Giant unit into "Base" slot of the new screen.

4. Another screen will pop up to show the units/orb cards that can be used to level the Rare Fire Giant. You will notice only the Rare Giant orb appearing above.

5. Drag the Rare Giant orb card into the "Add" slot.

6. Press the red button "Synthesis".

7. A screen will pop up "Synthesize Fire Giant with Orb Continue?"

8. Press "Yes".

9. Some red bar nice animation pops up. If the animation moves once, you get one orb point. If the animation moves twice you get two orb points, i.e. two for one "promotional "gambling stint by Sega. Do not be too concerned by that, either way orb synthesis was successful.

10. Go back to the main unit screen and look at your Rare Fire Giant card you should now see that the unit mob cost 3.5 is highlighted pink.

11. Drag your Rare Fire Giant into the "Base" slot.

12. You will realise something different, a selectable Rare Iron Golem Card now appears in the top.

13. Drag it down to the "Add" slot and press the red "Synthesis" button.

14. "Enhance Skill" pop-up appears with Earth Barrage as default skill. Press the "Synthesize 20" button.

15. Perform "Synthesis"? Press "Yes".

12. If it says Synthesis Successful, congratulations you have destroyed 1 Rare Iron Golem in the process of synthing but have sucessfully increased Rare Fire Giant Earth Barrage to Level 4 and achieved your objective. You have now completed part (e) of this guide.
    If synthesis failed refer to point 13.

*Hint Repeat from Step 1 again until you reach Earth Barrage Level 6 to be able to teach Round Bloom to another Mob. By now you should already be an expert in Synthing.

13. Synthesis has failed, you have gotten some dumb monster souls and lost 1 Rare Iron Golem in the process, this is the part where you curse and swear, there is no recourse to your loss. You will need to buy another Rare Iron Golem and draw another Rare Giant orb card to restart from Step 1 again.
    Last edited by punkists; 03-06-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Bumped

Awesome job, thank you!

Alright there you go...

Good job! It'll that me some time to read it through and give you my comments though. As of now, I'll be kinda busy clearing out my present box with the recent announcement of world reset
    " I am required to kill so I kill. That is enough. "

Added extra details on destroying unit in the process
    Last edited by punkists; 02-08-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Minor update to maintain consistency of language

I have failed 4 times to teach my Hydra "Mind Shift"

I have used over 40 UC Zombies
    I have spent over 2000 CP
    I have spent over 8000 DP

I hate my life, this game, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordNazgul View Post

Refer to (c) 13 :P

Omg.. that must be a bug or somethign you should request a refudn there that is just plain awful...

Quote Originally Posted by LordNazgul View Post

My posts are TeKt0n1c
    You just got Tekkerised!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast