Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stat Guide For Newbies

Default Stat Guide For Newbies

Part 3: Stat Guide.

THIS GUIDE WILL BE BASED ON VERSION B. I am currently too lazy to change it.

What this thread is NOT
    It will not teach you how to synth.
    To learn how to synth refer to my newbie guide on synthing and flip to the last page:
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...-Newbies/page3
    It will not teach you of the different builds out there. For build types refer to my other guide and flip to the last page: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...n-how-to-synth

What this thread IS
    It will teach you how to stat properly.

This will be a long guide for beginners to learn how to stat, learn what are the usual end game stats and what numbers to expect at end game. Once again the guide will not be focused on unit Mob Cost 4.0 pairings/stats because it is pointless, almost any pair with 1 range and 1 non-range will do at early levels, pump the attack+speed high enough combined with sufficient mobs and it will be able to take down almost any level 4-5 land. The problem comes in when people start reaching level 6-9 lands where they realise pumping attack and speed just will not work anymore, thats when a cost 7.0, 3 slot well synthesized mob with correct statting is req'd.

There will also be short descriptions of commonly used Shifts and Tricks and what to expect

This guide will be divided into 7 categories, (a) Attack (b) Defence (c) Speed (d) Intelligence (e) Siege (f) Range (g) Stamina.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) Attack

Attack is the most basic stat that is increased for any beginner and veteran alike, most users increase this stat to improve the damage dealt to enemies. To fight up to level 5 lands, around 800 to 1000 attack is sufficient. Above level 5 lands, generally normal increase of attack by statting will fail to provide a significant increase in damage. To deal with this problem, this stat must first be boosted by Mind Shift then Assault Shift (i.e.The caster for Mind Shift ideally should have around 200+ int while the castee should have around 800 Attack) in order to effectively be able to fight against high defence enemies like Golems or Guardian Lizardmen.

General rule of thumb of net attack req'd for fighting:
    Level 6-7 lands: 3,000 to 5,000 attack
    Level 8 land: 5,000 to 10,000 attack
    Level 9 land: 10,000 to 20,000 attack (Achievable with 1 Mind Shift 1 Assault Shift with caster 280+ int, castee 800+ attack)

*Note that the damage cap for normal attacks is 1.1xmob count i.e. using 9999 unit mob count, the max normal damage you can ever deal is 10998. If you're dealing very little normal damage, first ask yourself did you train enough troops? Second is whether you have sufficient attack? Third are you facing a high defence enemy like Golem or Guardian Lizardman.
    Do also kindly take note that Assault Shift/Trick cannot be stacked while Mind Shift can be stacked, so the casting sequence has to be MS-->AS or MS-->MS-->AS but never AS-->AS-->AS or AT-->AT-->AT

General rule of thumb of net attack reduction req'd using Assault Trick for fighting:

Level 6-7 lands: 10,000 to 20,000 reduction in attack
    Level 8 land: 20,000 to 100,000 reduction in attack (1-2 Mind Shift + 1 Assault trick with caster 280+ Int)
    Level 9 land: 100,000 to 1,000,000 reduction in attack (Maximum reduction can only be achieved with 3 Mind Shift + 1 Assault Trick with caster 280+ Int)

Having said the above, any attack by enemy despite being severely Assault Tricked will still result in damage of around 300-500 units per attack.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(b) Defense

Most veterans choose not to level defence as high level PVP fights often end in a 1 or 2 hit KO caused by casting of spells by a highly boosted int caster (sometimes by a caster of up to 1,000,000 int boost). The damage done by the enemy caster outdo's any high level Defend Shift. The truth is defence is more useful for PVE and only situationally useful for PVP. Besides a best defence is a good offence, thus I will not be explaining how much defence a PVP or low level land needs but be more focused on high level lands. Defend Shift is usually used in combination with Assault Trick to reduce damage to a minimum.

General rule of thumb of net defense req'd using Defend Shift for fighting:

Level 6-7 lands: 10,000 to 20,000 defense
    Level 8 land: 20,000 to 100,000 defense (1-2 Mind Shift with caster 280+ Int, castee 800+ def)
    Level 9 land: 100,000 to 1,000,000 defense (Maximum reduction can only be achieved with 3 Mind Shift 1 Defend Shift with caster 280+ int, castee 800+ def)

Similarly, any attack by enemy despite being highly Defend Shifted will still result in damage of around 300-500 units per attack.

Defend Trick will not be discussed in this guide because most players can simply use a single powerful Assault Shift to overcome any enemy they may face in PVE. Defend Trick is only situationally useful in PVP and PVE.

(c) Speed

A faster speed unit is allowed to move first in combat and is critical in PVP for obvious reasons. A magical number to take note of is 10,000. In a battle, a person who casts Rapid Shift/First Stream/pre-emptive strike successfully will be allowed to move first. However, if enemy units have a Speed of above 10,000, they will move first even though you have pre-emptive strike applied.

This is achievable with 2 Mind Shift 1 Quick Shift with caster 280+ int and castee 70+ Speed. Alternatively a single Wisdom Aura Mind Shifting + Quick Shifting caster with 280+ Int and castee 70+ Speed may also be possible. Speed and Int requirements are inversely proportional i.e. for a lower Int caster of Mind Shift/Quick Shift, a higher Speed castee is req'd to achieve 10,000 Speed.

Speed also affects how much time is required for a unit to reach its target, I will go straight into the description. A unit which has:
    70 Speed is slow
    100+ Speed is average
    200+ Speed is fast
    300+ Speed is very fast
    Most players strive to achieve 70-100 speed for nearby combat. For inter-continental strikes 300+ speed is req'd.

The last point is Speed affects the cast sequence of start-up skills e.g. Shifts and Tricks. The slowest unit will cast first and the fastest unit will cast last.

(d) Intelligence

Intelligence is used in increasing the damage done by spells like Dark Reel, Typhoon and also affects the strength of various shifts and tricks being casted. It is the most single widely abused stat because Mind Shift is the only Shift which stacks, almost all spells and Shift effectiveness are affected by Int, damage by spells have no cap (as mentioned damage mainly only limited by Int), the counter skill called Mind Trick is moderately hard to learn, lastly in PVE only Level 9 lands will cast Mind Trick to counter you. Intelligence is also used for defensive guard spells like Scutum, Aegis and Gale Armor, 80 Int is sufficient reduce damage to 1 for any Level 9 lands.

Caster Int determines the percentage increase on the castee Int
    Take for example: Caster Int is 200 which causes 200% Int increase for Castee.
    If Castee base Int is 100>>100x200%=Int increased by 200
    If Castee base Int is 1>>1x200%=Int increase by 2
    Long and short of it, both Caster and Castee must have high Int.

For Mind Shift to stack, the lowest Int unit must cast first, followed by the higher Int unit and then highest Int unit.

General rule of thumb of net Int req'd using mind Shift to be effective during casting of offensive spells like Typhoon, Dark Reel, Round Bloom, Umber Scream is as follows:

Level 6-7 lands: 10,000 Int
    Level 8-9 land: 10,000-100,000 Int

*Note that distance plays a part during PVE fights in determining the number of mobs you will fight as well

The achievable Int Boost is as follows:
    1 Mind Shift with caster 200+ Int and castee 200+ Int = 1000+ Int Boost
    2 Mind Shift with caster 200+ Int and castee 200+ Int = 10,000+ Int Boost
    3 Mind Shift with caster 200+ Int and castee 200+ Int = 100,000+ Int Boost

(1 Wisdom Aura + Mind Shift) with caster 200+ Int= 10,000 to 20,000+ Int Boost
    (1 Wisdom Aura + Mind Shift) + 1 Mind Shift with caster 200+ Int= 20,000 to 100,000 Int Boost

(e) Siege

Siege is basically the amount of damage you can deal to a fort, castle or tower. The stat itself is automatically gained for every level up. High Siege is required at the start to take down towers and also later part of the game to take down fortresses which have high HP that can go up to a thousand (not to mention regenerate HP quickly too). The best race to use are normally golems. The best siege units recommended are Cyclops, Iron Golems, Rare High Salamander and lastly Minotaur Sergeant due to their high Siege/Speed/Attack stats or low unit Mob cost. Units like Guytrash are not recommended (although they have relatively high Siege) as their base skill eg. Acid Mist is a big showstopper.

Siege units which can take down lands with one single attack (120 Siege damage) will yield an obvious strategic importance in PVP. Typically a player who has 3-4 one hit Siege units will attempt to do poking, i.e. sending out all units at once and hit 4 spots beside your fort. If you're not prepared/reinforced, you will definately lose a piece of land somewhere. So why do poking with Siege and not send your main? The reason is simple, to conserve Stamina for your main. A veteran player typically has 2-3 high Level mains and can attack at most twice each before running low on Stamina. Sending a main to Siege would mean one less nuke for the enemy castle/fort and one less bullet to take out an enemy's main.

Most players synth a Speed Aura on their siege units to make move them faster specifically for long distance attacks. Also if the unit has Demolition Power, players tend to raise the unit Int stat to make the skill more effective in dealing Siege damage.

A build which has:
    50+ siege = low siege
    80+ siege = average siege
    120+ siege = high siege
    200+ siege = very high siege (achievable with double Rare High Salamander with Demolition Power and high Int stats)

(f) Range

Range affects how far back your unit can attack from, the larger the number the further it can attack from giving the possibility of a 1 hit KO if a range 3 unit takes up the leader position. A range chart is shown below for better understanding. A really easy way to remember is that your mob, wherever he is, is in the range 0 slot. The mobs on either side of him are 1 range away, and so on.

(L) (R) (F) vs (F) (R) (L)
    (0) (1) (2) vs (3) (4) (5)

In the above chart, your mob is in the leader slot. He cannot hit anyone if he is range 1 or 2. If he is range 3, he can only hit the F enemy. If you are lucky enough to score a Liche (who is range 4), you can hit the R enemy from the Leader slot.

Special Skills like Burst Range or Tail Wind can increase the range of a unit. Special Skills like Ravage Claw can decrease the range of a unit. If a unit range is decreased from 1 to 0, he will be unable to attack. A Ravage Claw skill is especially useful (HIGHLY IRRITATING) against enemy siege teams by decreasing the range of a Golem rendering it unable to attack.

Not to be mistaken, skills like Round Bloom/Dark Reel/Typhoon have their individual Skill Range. A Skill Range of 5 just means that for that skill it is able to attack all enemy units at once from Leader position.

(g) Stamina

Stamina plays a very important role in determining the number of attacks a player can make in a short time. Each unit starts off with 500 Stamina, he can perform two attacks consecutively on a land before the bar turns red. At <200 Stamina, attacks can still be performed but with little experience gained. Below 100 Stamina, you will suffer a Stat loss, move extremely slowly and have no experience gained.

Stamina recovers more slowly as you level higher, this is to prevent abuse by high level players, e.g. imagine sending out his level 99 Bomb 10 times a day. Stamina also recovers during movement to and from a destination.
    Last edited by punkists; 04-12-2012 at 06:40 AM.

That would be great for newbie like me. Thanks man.

Very nice work this shud help a lot of peeps!

My posts are TeKt0n1c
    You just got Tekkerised!

Do update me if you feel the info may be incorrect, thanks for your support.

Updated speed description

Updated siege section

Just a point for discussion, I thought the stamina cutoffs were <200 for xp and <100 for stat decreses?

Hey punkists, this thread definitely helped me alot! I would like to ask u for ur opinion and advice regarding a 4.0cost build. Currently i have a copper gargoyle and a copper slayer.

Build A: L Copper gargoyle (mind shift, assault trick, defend trick)
    F Copper slayer (assault shift, dark reel, round bloom)

Build B: L Copper gargoyle (mind shift, wisdom aura, assault trick)
    F Copper slayer (assault shift, dark reel, typhoon)

Which would be better or any implementations to it will be better? Pls give me ur advice. Cheers! (:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFan1407 View Post
    Just a point for discussion, I thought the stamina cutoffs were <200 for xp and <100 for stat decreses?
    I think you are right
    " I am required to kill so I kill. That is enough. "

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFan1407 View Post
    Ok will update this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast