Thread: Nintendo & Sega join forces with Rhythm Thief

Default Nintendo & Sega join forces with Rhythm Thief

22nd February 2012 – Polish your sleuthing skills and dust off your dancing shoes because Nintendo and SEGA have today confirmed that they have entered into a new distribution agreement for the forthcoming game Rhythm Thief™ & the Emperor’s Treasure, scheduled for release exclusively on Nintendo 3DS ™ across Europe on 5th April 2012. Under the terms of the agreement Nintendo will be responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the game throughout European territories, with SEGA remaining as publisher.

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure combines a thrilling twist-filled adventure, with rhythm-based challenges utilising the unique functions of the Nintendo 3DS to the fullest. The action takes place in a beautifully rendered anime-styled Paris, where you play the sharp-suited Raphael, whose alter ego is Phantom R, an honourable thief who always returns his loot a few days after stealing it. Together with your canine companion Fondue, you aim to solve the mystery of your father’s disappearance once and for all, by embarking on your most daring robbery yet while staying one step ahead of the Parisian police!

You’ll race around Paris cracking puzzles, finding clues and outwitting foes who are out to stop you from pilfering some of the world’s most expensive works of art. You will also get the chance to visit some of Paris’s most famous landmarks on your journey. Raphael never misses an opportunity to boogie while solving a mystery and there are over fifty rhythm-based challenges on offer to test your Touch Screen tapping, stylus swiping, button bashing and gyro gyrating skills.

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure will be available across Europe on 5th April 2012 exclusively on Nintendo 3DS. For more information about this and other features, visit rhythmthief.nintendo.co.uk and www.sega.com

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172404

Did Sega think the game wouldn't sell? Well fans, prove them wrong and BUY the game.

5th April seems too far away. :/

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172404

Did Sega think the game wouldn't sell? Well fans, prove them wrong and BUY the game.
    They know it wont sell. It's another one of those great SEGA games that wont get the attention it deserves.

Community Manager Emeritus kateburning's Avatar

Hey guys, allow me to step in for a minute... Nintendo has partnered with SEGA in Europe because they think the game is awesome - not because we're worried it won't sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    kateburning is a fire type Pokémon, and a Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by kateburning View Post
    Hey guys, allow me to step in for a minute... Nintendo has partnered with SEGA in Europe because they think the game is awesome - not because we're worried it won't sell.
    Good to know that SEGA has high hopes for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kateburning View Post
    You aren't worried? I sure as hell would be. The game looks awesome, and has tons of style to boot. I don't want to see it become a commercial failure. And you know you're in deep when barely any forum members on the official SEGA Forums seem to care about the game.

The problem is that it doesn't have a bunch of guns and isn't mind numbingly retarded, so it wont sell. God I hate American consumers -_-

I still would buy this game over a couple of the ones I originally were about to get even if it was not advertised much. It looks really interesting and actually sticks out compared to a couple other rhythm based games in the past. The problem is that usually no one really see a game like this advertised much on television compared to other games or are not normally being brought up often in most places. It would be a good thing if something was done to reel in people to attempt to give this game a try. It looks like a really interesting rhythm game.