Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Pachter - Wii U and Nintendo are "toast", Nintendo to never profit

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fan View Post
    Ironic that Nintendo fans discard the Kinect because it's casual-centric. As if the waggle isn't. Try playing Super Street Fighter 4 with a Wiimote. "But you can spend $40 more for a classic controller to play regular games!" True, and you can use the 360 controller that comes with the console FOR FREE to play hardcore games should you desire.
    The classic controllers only costs about $15 dollars in a lot of stores to my knowledge and if you already own a Gamecube controller because if you previously owned a Gamecube or for some other reason you do not really need to go out to get a classic controller. The stores I go to normally have classic controllers and Gamecube controllers around the price of $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fan View Post
    Ironic that Nintendo fans discard the Kinect because it's casual-centric. As if the waggle isn't. Try playing Super Street Fighter 4 with a Wiimote. "But you can spend $40 more for a classic controller to play regular games!" True, and you can use the 360 controller that comes with the console FOR FREE to play hardcore games should you desire.
    Who plays a Capcom fighting game with a console controller?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic56 View Post
    Best buy's website. They had a section up with those specs for about 30 minutes before they removed it. It also said it costs about $400.
    As a Best Buy employee, I can easily say that just because it's on the site doesn't make it true. Believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
    Who plays a Capcom fighting game with a console controller?
    When it's the only controller you can use because you can't afford an arcade stick?
    http://chaosmaster8753.deviantart.com/
    http://chaosmaster8753.blogspot.com/

FACT: Classic Sonic is Generations' equivalent of Werehog.

If you want to know the Wii U's specs as of now(however unspecified they are), the go to the Wikipedia entry and follow the source links in the hardware section. You can speculate with that information, other wise we must wait until Nintendo finalizes them at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadiWulf View Post
    3. IBM's only processor that pushes 5GHZ is a dualcore, and it's many years old. The next closest processor of theirs to pushing 5Ghz is the 4.14 Ghz Power 7 processor. Companies have realized it's not all about Ghz anymore, and they are concentrating on other things, rather then high Ghz.
    Untrue. My dad works with Power-based servers as part of his contract work, there's a 64-core, 4.5 GHz Power 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate victory View Post
    So....His shoes are Super Saiyan 4?
    Don't ask me why I'm back.I just am.

Quote Originally Posted by DW_ View Post
    Untrue. My dad works with Power-based servers as part of his contract work, there's a 64-core, 4.5 GHz Power 7.
    according to IBM's page the highest is 32 cores for Power 7, but it's whatever =P, it's besides the point, because a processor like that would not be going into the Wii u

edit: here we go, Wikipedia makes IBM's unorganized structure much easier to understand, looks like the processor on your dads unit is probably more then one processor, and is probably overclocked, IBM doesn't offer a 4.5Ghz processor in the Power 7 series.

Last edited by ShadiWulf; 03-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    I'll Miku-Miku you! (For Reals)
    http://miku.sega.jp/f2/en/

according to IBM's page the highest is 32 cores for Power 7, but it's whatever =P, it's besides the point, because a processor like that would not be going into the Wii u

edit: here we go, Wikipedia makes IBM's unorganized structure much easier to understand, looks like the processor on your dads unit is probably more then one processor, and is probably overclocked, IBM doesn't offer a 4.5Ghz processor in the Power 7 series.

<image>
    Yeah, I remember him mentioning the units (plural!) in those servers were 795s, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate victory View Post
    So....His shoes are Super Saiyan 4?
    Don't ask me why I'm back.I just am.

Here is the specs of one single chip

Anyways, I just wanted to prove that SuperSonic56 was posting fake specs in an attempt to provoke me =P noticed how he never replied to me after I posted and proved him wrong.
    I'll Miku-Miku you! (For Reals)
    http://miku.sega.jp/f2/en/

This isn't even worth replying to, but I'm feeling in a playful mood, so I'll humor you ^___^

1. Bestbuy never lists the deep tech specs of consoles, never had never will, it's not something the average consumer cares about. They only list simple stuff under specs such as DVD, wifi, etc.

They do it with computers. So what makes you think they didn't do it with the Wii u?

2. If this was real, you would of took a screenshot and submitted it to Nintendo fan pages everywhere, and most likely lots of other people would of seen it too. It would be allover neogaf if this was true.

I forgot to take one.

3. IBM's only processor that pushes 5GHZ is a dualcore, and it's many years old. The next closest processor of theirs to pushing 5Ghz is the 4.14 Ghz Power 7 processor. Companies have realized it's not all about Ghz anymore, and they are concentrating on other things, rather then high Ghz.

Who says they aren't working on a 5ghz processor? It's not impossible for them to be making one.

Next time, do some research before you make fake specs and try to get me mad over them =P I know that was your intention. But if anything, I laughed!

You won't be laughing when it turns out to be true!

So thanks for the entertainment. ^___^

Is that what you guys are going to do when you have no comeback, now? =P lol. You've done it in a lot of threads I've proved you wrong in so far.

No it's just that reading your awful posts makes us dumber.

also, regarding your sig, i know how to spell wisdom, it was obviously a typo =P I don't pay very close attention to spelling mistakes on a forum
    You don't pay close attention to Nintendo either. Always posting fake rumors just because they are negative to Nintendo

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast