Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 4.

Default Doom 4.

Well it appears that Doom 4 had a leak, that didn't get plugged for a while.

Doom 4 leaked pictures. Enjoy.
    "You ever think Einstein, walked around thinking, people are ********'s?"

"I dunno.. Probably. It explains why he made that bomb."

I dont even remember the last time i played doom. :C
    [
    Future chars for PSO2:
    *Gordon *Guykid
    *Argenia *Illuminati Bot

Either its new DLC for Rage or it is Doom 4, after the invasion of Earth. They've got nothing else they are working on there that is like this.

All I gotta say is the game better involve a portal from he//, cause if they spin it off of mutations like the movie, I'm going to rage!
    Magically delicious
    If I don't love it, I don't swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssslither View Post
    All I gotta say is the game better involve a portal from he//, cause if they spin it off of mutations like the movie, I'm going to rage!
    I was going to make a joke about mass effect 3's ending, but every thing I could think of involved spoilers, then I'd have to use a spoiler tag and mention its spoilers for ME3, then that just ruined it.
    Interesting Shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Ssslither View Post
    Well one of the developers did leak at a gaming convention that it was going to take place on Earth after the Hell Portals had been opened.

Portals from he//, lol. Mutaions LOL.
    [
    Future chars for PSO2:
    *Gordon *Guykid
    *Argenia *Illuminati Bot

Quote Originally Posted by gmonn2 View Post
    Portals from he//, lol. Mutaions LOL.

Someone never played Doom 1 or 2 it seems.
    Wiki quote
    Doom, a science fiction/horror themed video game, has a background which is given in the game's instruction manual; the rest of the story is advanced with short messages displayed between each section of the game (called episodes), the action as the player character progresses through the levels, and some visual cues.

The player takes the role of an unnamed space marine who has been punitively posted to Mars after assaulting his commanding officer, who ordered his unit to fire upon civilians. The Martian space marine base acts as security for the Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC), a multi-planetary conglomerate, which is performing secret experiments with teleportation by creating gateways between the two moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos. The manual makes it clear that Phobos is considered by space marines to be the dullest assignment imaginable: "with no action for fifty million miles, your day consisted of suckin' dust and watchin' restricted flicks in the rec room." This all changes when the UAC experiments go horribly wrong. Computer systems on Phobos malfunction, Deimos disappears entirely, and "something fragging evil" starts pouring out of the gateway, killing or possessing all UAC personnel. Responding to a frantic distress call from the overrun scientists, the Martian marine unit is quickly sent to Phobos to investigate, where the player character is left to guard the hangar with only a pistol while the rest of the group proceeds inside. Over the course of the next few hours, the marine hears assorted garbled radio messages, gunfire, and screams, followed by silence: "Seems your buddies are dead."

As the last man standing, the player character's mission is to fight through the entire onslaught of demonic enemies by himself in order to keep them from attacking Earth.[6] In order for the game to be completed, the marine must fight through Phobos, Deimos, and then Hell itself, each presented as an episode containing eight distinct levels, along with an optional ninth hidden level for each one. Knee-Deep in the Dead, the first episode and the only one in the shareware version, is set in the high-tech military bases, power plants, computer centers and geological anomalies on Phobos. It ends with the player character entering the teleporter leading to Deimos, ending with him getting overwhelmed by monsters, if not killed. In the second episode, the Shores of Hell, the character journeys through the installations on Deimos, areas of which are interwoven with beastly architecture, warped and distorted by the hellish invasion. After defeating the titanic Cyberdemon lord, he discovers the truth about the vanished moon: it is floating above Hell. After climbing down to the surface, the third episode, called Inferno, begins. After the huge Spiderdemon that masterminded the invasion is destroyed in the final mission, a hidden doorway back to Earth opens for the hero, who has "proven too tough to be contained". In the game's final cutscene, the camera pans over a verdant field complete with flowers and bunny rabbits, only to reveal a burning city and a bunny's head impaled on a stake: the demons have invaded Earth, paving the way for Doom II.

The Ultimate Doom, the retail store version of the game, adds a fourth episode, Thy Flesh Consumed, occurring after the three original episodes of Doom and before Doom II. This episode was developed by independent master level designers with id's approval, and was designed for expert Doom players seeking a major challenge. It is considerably more difficult than the original three episodes.
    Immediately following the events in Doom, the player once again assumes the role of the nameless space marine. After returning home from Hell, the marine discovers that Earth has also been invaded by the demons, who have killed millions of people.[5]

The humans who survived the attack have developed a plan to build massive spaceships which will carry the remaining survivors into space. Unfortunately, the only space port that's capable of launching said ships has been taken hostage by the demonic invaders, who have placed a "force field" over it, causing it to malfunction.[5] The marine then battles through thousands of demons, and is able to deactivate the force field, allowing the remaining humans to escape. Once all the survivors escape Earth, the marine is the only human left on the planet.[6]

Just as he sits down to await death, knowing that he saved mankind, the marine then receives an off-planet transmission from humans in orbit, who have managed to find out where the armies of Hell are coming from. The message reveals that the alien base is in the center of the marine's own home town. The marine then fights through the city until he reaches the base, but sees there is no way to stop the invasion on this side. He then decides to step into the portal to attempt deactivating it from the other side.

After fighting through the hordes of Hell, the marine reaches the house of the biggest demon (he has) ever seen, called the Icon of Sin. He kills the Icon of Sin by firing rockets into its exposed brain. The Icon of Sin's death results in the destruction of the Hellish portal. Now with Hell in ruins, the marine joins with the other humans in an effort to restore life on Earth.[6]
    None Wiki quote
    The Doom Storyline.

You're a marine, one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action. Three years ago you assaulted a superior officer for ordering his soldiers to fire upon civilians. He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Harbor, while you were transfered to Mars, home of the Union Aerospace Corperation. The UAC is a multi-planetary conglomerate with radioactive waste facilities on Mars and its two moons, Phobos and Deimos. With no action for fifty million miles, your day consisted of suckin' dust and watchin' restricted flicks in the rec room.

For the last four years the militaty, UAC's biggest supplier, has used the remote facilities on Phobos and Deimos to conduct varios secret projects, including reaserch on inter-dimensional travel. So far they have been able to open gateways between Phobos and Deimos, throwing a few gadgets into one and watching them come out the other. Recently however, the Gateways have grown dangerously unstable. Military "volunteers" entering them have either disappeared or been stricken with a strange form of insanity - babbleing vulgarities, bludgeoning anything that breathes, and finally suffering an untimely death of full-body explosion. Matching heads with torsos to send home to the folks became a full-time job. Latest military reports state that the reserch is suffering a small set-back, but everything is under control.

A few hours ago, Mars recieved a garbled message from Phobos. "We require immediate military support. Something fraggin' evil is coming out of the Gateways! Computer systems have gone berserk!" The rest was incoherent. Soon afterwards, Deimos simply vanished from the sky. Since then, attempts to establish contact with either moon have been unsuccessful.

You and your buddies, the only combat troop for fifty million miles were sent up pronto to Phobos. You were ordered to secure the perimeter of the base while the rest of the team went inside. For several hours, your radio picked up the sounds of combat: guns firing, men yelling orders, screams, bones cracking, then finally, silence. Seems your buddies are dead.

It's Up To You
    Things aren't looking too good. You'll never navigate off the planet on your own. Plus, all the heavy weapons have been taken by the assault team leaving you with only a pistol. If only you could get your hands around a plasma rifle or even a shotgun you could take a few down on your way out. Whatever killed your buddies deserves a couple of pellets in the forehead. Securing your helmet, you exit the landing pod. Hopefully you can find more substantial firepower somewhere within the station.

As you walk through the main entrance to the base, you hear animal-like growls echoing throughout the distant corridors. They know you're here. There's no turning back now.

Quote Originally Posted by NodMan View Post

Someone never played Doom 1 or 2 it seems.
    Wiki quote

None Wiki quote
    No ​Archviles and pain-elemental's?
    [
    Future chars for PSO2:
    *Gordon *Guykid
    *Argenia *Illuminati Bot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast