Thread: Difference in wireless connection to wired for lag.

Default Difference in wireless connection to wired for lag.

At the weekend I had to use my xbox that is upstairs and it has a wireless connection. The lag was a hole lot worse I kept disconnecting I had lag buying in shops and getting thing out of storage. which I don't get down stairs with a wired connection. I hardly ever disconnect with a wired connection and the only lag I get is delayed damage when in battle. I didn't think it would make that much difference but it did. Hope this helps some of you with really bad lag connecting via a wired connection should make a big difference. I know a lot of you mite already know this but it mite help those who don't.

Your issue is that your wireless router is downstairs from your Xbox, and the house itself blocks the signal. Try accessing your wireless router's settings and boosting the signal's power to maximum. If that doesn't work, get a wireless repeater/booster and set it halfway up the stairs (best) or on the second floor.

I have two 360s at home, both close to my DSL modem (which has wireless) and the old 360 is wired and the new one is not. There's no difference in lag between them because of this. My brothers have laptops as well, and again signal strength and reliability drop when they take them further inside the house and away from the modem.
    Hunter of rarz and purveyor of fine snark.

<a href=http://teoandsara.no-ip.org/gallery.asp target=_blank>http://teoandsara.no-ip.org/gallery.asp</a>

Thanks for that but I use the x box down stairs most of the time but I hope this mite help someone else. At least i know now why it was playing up.

Yea, wireless connection is the slowest, especially the farther away you are from your modem, wired connection with a regular ethernet cord is the second best and most practical. If you really care that much, you could get a fiber-optic cord, witch, will be faster than the the regular ethernet cord, but in most parts of the world you still get your lag from the phone cables. They are generally not fiber-optic Although if you live in some parts of Asia or Australia you may have fiber-optic cables from your internet company to your house, witch is amazingly fast.
    I know most of what i said is unessisary information, so im going to stop here unless anyone asks me questions.