Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtua Tennis 4 Fatal Error

Default Virtua Tennis 4 Fatal Error

Hi, after I downloaded and installed the latest update for Virtua Tennis 4 (PC version), I'm unable to launch the game due to a fatal error.

The error message is, "Configuration file is either corrupt or missing. Please restart Virtua Tennis 4 launcher".

Before I downloaded and installed the update, there was no error message and I could start Virtua Tennis 4 without any problems.

I believe that it is the update that caused the fatal error, but I do not know why or how it caused it.

After the update was downloaded and installed, I could not start the game.

Does anyone else also experience this same fatal error after downloading and installing the update for Virtua Tennis 4?

How do I get rid of this fatal error and be able to start the game again?

Is Sega going to release a new update that can fix this fatal error?

Thank you very much for any help in this matter.

Best regards,
    Segafreak

Default Help with Virtua Tennis 4 Fatal Error

I really need help with this fatal error that I encountered after I downloaded and installed the update for Virtua Tennis 4.

I called the Sega technical support hotline, but they did not have an option for helping people who are experiencing problems with Virtua Tennis 4.

I emailed Sega's technical support, but I still have not received a reply from them yet.

Thank you for anyone who can help me out to resolve this issue.

Where did u get an update from???
    I thought this game's automatically updated..?
    I would reinstall it...
    I think updates are installed after u logged in to your MS Live account.
    Some major problems have been fixed the last days...
    for example u don't lose any points when ur internet collapses... thank god!!!
    Last edited by LaCroix73; 03-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Hi LaCroix73,

I got my update from Windows Live.

If I wanted to play Virtua Tennis 4 online, I would have to download and install the update first before I could do so.

I have already reinstalled it, but every time I downloaded and installed the update, I got the fatal error message.

What major problems have fixed over the last few days?

I have also lost my account a number of times, but I always managed to get it back after a short while.

Did they also fix the update problem too?

Are you able to play Virtua Tennis 4 online with the update?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
    Segafreak

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I bought the PC version of the game in october, everything worked fine. I reinstalled my PC several weeks ago, and since then, I'm not able to play online anymore, because the game won't start again after installing the Windows Live update. Getting the same error as Segafreak, Configuration file is either corrupt or missing. I tried everything, reinstalled the game many times, created new account, but nothing worked. Still no solution for this.
    I was A1 level, and ranked in the Top 10, and now it all went down the toilet :/

The problem is still there... NO WAY to play online because the last patch broke the game so it cannot start anymore.

Sega took our money but isn't giving any support to fix this... What a shame.

I'm really disappointed.

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by gambit3rd View Post
    The problem is still there... NO WAY to play online because the last patch broke the game so it cannot start anymore.

Sega took our money but isn't giving any support to fix this... What a shame.

I'm really disappointed.
    I'm also dissapointed - earlier everything was allright, Maybe SEGA WILL FIX IT AT LAST - Anybody at home???? Are you there SEGA team???

hi all, i just bought Virtuatennis 4 for pc by SEGA , and i installed it in my pc but when i try to iniciate game, a window appear to configure my joystick or keyboard , and thats it!! is like an end road......nothing happens and no way to start the game ..!! ,other strange thing is that never asked me for the activation code that is on the manual.....!! anyone can help please???? thanks and rgds.

this is a disgrace, No one cares.I'm gonna sue you

**this is my solution that has been posted in the steam discussions board for a while now my username on steam is paulh2k6**
    SOLUTION: Point your mouse to where the game is installed typically (C:/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/virtua tennis 4) Open the game folder and open 'Launcher' apply your chosen settings and click 'save settings and exit' This should fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast