Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumour - Sega sitting on finished Shenmue1+2 HD for over a year

Default Rumour - Sega sitting on finished Shenmue1+2 HD for over a year

a finished version of Shenmue 1+2 HD ready to go.

The reason its held the two games back, both of which released as Dreamcast and Xbox titles respectively, was down to deciding what path the series had in the future, according to the piece.

Or to be more specific, in Gamerzines’ own words, “whether or not Shenmue III would ever see the light of day.”

see below link for more details

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-...-finished.html

if this is true its exciting to know that sega have given a lot of consideration to the future of shenmue series.
    Last edited by Shenmue3please; 03-16-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    Yakuza 5 and Ishin! for western release. Join the campaign http://yakuzafan.com/

OMG !!! Sega take my money !!!

Kind of strange since I thought about this a while ago.

Default Rumor: SHENMUE 1 & 2 to launch on XBLA AND PSN

Sega is ready to release HD updates of cult Dreamcast classics Shenmue and Shenmue 2, according to a new report.Shenmue HD and Shenmue 2 HD will be released on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, Gamerzines claimed.

Indeed development of both titles has been finished for over a year, an anonymous source said. The hold up was due to Sega working out the future of the Shenmue franchise, apparently. "Namely, whether or not Shenmue 3 would ever see the light of day," said the report.

If true, Shenmue's HD revamp follows similar efforts with other cult Dreamcast games. Sega recently announced Jet Set Radio HD, due out this summer.

Sega issued Eurogamer the following statement: "The games that were mentioned are definitely among the most requested re-releases. We can't go into specifics about our future releases, but we are excited to see so much passion surrounding our Dreamcast-era games."

I'm doubting this is true as it really doesn't make sense for them to finish development of a game then hold off the release. It'd be a huge waste of money to finish off revamping the games THEN waiting to see whether they should be released or not...

And Jet Set Radio Future HD huh?

It's not really a rumour Oxymoron, there's concrete evidence that Sega have been working on Shenmue, insiders have leaked the information. We will have to wait for an official announcement but one of the managers for Sega pretty much confirmed it - http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/20311...ue's+XBLA/
    Last edited by Area88; 03-16-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Sweet! I cannot wait for this. Finally I will be able to play the first Shenmue!

Quote Originally Posted by Area88 View Post
    It's not really a rumour Oxymoron, there's concrete evidence that Sega have been working on Shenmue, insiders have leaked the information. We will have to wait for an official announcement but one of the managers for Sega pretty much confirmed it - http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/20311...ue's+XBLA/
    No no, I'm not doubting that it's on it's way, I mean he as good as confirmed it.

What i'm doubting is that the games have been finished for a year+. The article you've posted makes no sense what so ever and would end up costing Sega too much just to gamble.

If they really do have the titles finished and ready to go and they've been waiting over a year I hope it's because Shenmue III is in the works. Only thing that really makes sense, they could use the release of Shenmue 1+2 in HD to help hype the upcoming Shenmue III.

Clenched fist, speeds by. Knuckles the Echidna. Punches you, right in the eye. Knuckles the Echinda.
    Knuckles. He can climb up walls. Knuckles. He'll kick you in the balls!
    Knuckles. He's the coolest thing alive! He's the coolest thing aliiiiiive!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast