Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Why Nintendo made the Wii slightly more powerful than a Gamecube.

  1. #21
    Senior Member supersonic56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cuddling my PS Vita in bed.
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadiWulf View Post
    According to Pachter, Nintendo has missed their chance for an HD Wii. He said if they wanted an HD Wii to be popular they would of released it 2 years ago, instead of now.
    I love how instead of you trying to argue over the fact that nintendo has tricked Sony and Microsoft out of the console business you create a completely unrelated argument about nintendo making the Wii U too late.
    Princess Vital is the best console-tan, if you believe otherwise you are wrong.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic56 View Post
    Over Sony and Microsoft getting tricked out of the console business?
    Probably. Also, one of the members left and posted just now.
    No longer using this account.

  3. #23
    Senior Member ShadiWulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A Colorful Forest
    Posts
    43,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic56 View Post
    I love how instead of you trying to argue over the fact that nintendo has tricked Sony and Microsoft out of the console business you create a completely unrelated argument about nintendo making the Wii U too late.
    but they haven't tricked either MS or Sony, lol.

    and the Wii u doesn't seem like it's going to be much more powerful then a 360, so yeah, if that's the case, then it's definitely too late. Especially once Microsoft unveils Durango.
    Cat Neko not a Woof

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Hardly, Iwata clearly said it was a complete gamble to risk such a traditional business model by going out of the box. I think the performance deal was somewhat correct. I think they didn't want to risk losing so much money by making a powerful machine while keeping the controller concept with the Wii Remote. I mean in the end it paid off well for them (well, did)

    If the Wii had better games out during the first 2 years I would've kept mine no problem. I use to be a huge Nintendo fanboy but the games just didn't really interest me much, I sold it and bought a 360 Elite in early 2008 because of it.

  5. #25
    Senior Member AutoSaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22,414

    Default

    But the Wii had some really great games out 2006-2008...

  6. #26
    Senior Member Kuronoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Zenithia
    Posts
    17,606

    Default

    Not sure why people quit early on a console. Frequent testimonies of regret also proves to never get rid of a console no matter what.

    New sig under construction
    Tumblr


  7. #27
    Senior Member Lumines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Don't know why people think it would have been expensive for Nintendo to make a powerful console from the start of this generation.

    PS3 was only really "expensive" due to Blu-Ray and perhaps Cell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    I couldn't put a finger on it before but I now know what you remind me of; one of those toys where you pull the string and phrases are spoken.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Cero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Forum City
    Posts
    13,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    But the Wii had some really great games out 2006-2008...
    They also had a few great titles from late 2009 through 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by 0LunarShadow View Post
    Who cares about challenges?! We can totally take on anything 'cause together we're the SEGA FORUMS!!!
    *cool pose*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •