Thread: How about making Wisps from Sonic Colors the ASR2 weapons?

Default How about making Wisps from Sonic Colors the ASR2 weapons?

Original All-Stars Racing weapons were OK, however more references to SEGA games should be present. Sonic styled Shield, and Speed Up Shoes are obvious ideas, but there were mainstream rockets, mines and boxing gloves. I have one idea to make a nice and original looking (but similar behaving) weapons with nice SEGA reference.

Make Sonic Colors' Wisps new weapons!

They would be inside a similar capsules that are in ASR1. Weapon type will of course depend on Wisp color:

- White 'Boost' Wisp - Standard boost
    - Blue 'Cube' Wisp - Shield
    - Pink 'Spikes' Wisp - Spheric, spiked land mines (think: Dead Cone)
    - Cyan 'Laser' Wisp - An upgraded boost. Sends you straight ahead, reflecting from the walls (think: Green Gloves) with high speed, but lasts short.
    - Orange 'Rocket' Wisp - Aggressive rocket (think: Red Rocket)
    - Yellow 'Drill' Wisp - Wisp makes a quick circled tour around car. Damages anything near (think: Giant Horn)
    - Green 'Hover' Wisp - A new Star Missile, but with effects of throwing enemies into air
    - Purple 'Frenzy' Wisp - Unleashes the Frenzy Nega Wisp that attacks anything on it's way (think: Purple Rocket)
    - Red 'Flame' Wisp - Sends a fire projectile that bounces from walls (see: Green Gloves)

How about that?

Maybe one wisp as powerup would be cool,
    But all of them are powerups? Overkill!

Instead of Supersonic they could do "Unlimited Color Power!" or something.

Purple Wisp makes the most sense out of the bunch. I'd take this one over the rest.
    Fnarf.

Had already proposed this. Make a Wisp character to replace ChuChus. So they're all in their ship, and each power-up turns into a different Wisp power. (e.g.: Boost: Laser; All Star: Final COlor Blaster, etc)
    Farewell Cris (Generations), Ken, BlueFlame, Kate, User.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil348 View Post
    Shippings! Now with free delivery!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cunning Condor View Post
    Condors Rollar Coster Festival! All customers get to drown for freeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshern X View Post
    I've read this three times and still don't understand what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlur2 View Post
    Had already proposed this. Make a Wisp character to replace ChuChus. So they're all in their ship, and each power-up turns into a different Wisp power. (e.g.: Boost: Laser; All Star: Final COlor Blaster, etc)
    No. Just no. The ChuChus are a franchise, you don't and can't just compare them to Sonic Colors's Wisps.

Then again, were it actually going to be the case we should be having a Chao instead.
    Fnarf.

Senior Member Starlight Rage Zone's Avatar

We already have too much Sonic in the game to add even more power ups!

I would say only one should be added, but the Rockets and Mines need to be themed on other SEGA franchises. I think JSRs Graffiti Spray should be a power up, so Beats All Star Move could do something else (or at least a longer lasting tag mark).
    http://imageshack.us/a/img822/7198/45zm.png
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cunning Condor View Post
    What is Courage of another steel mind of sucker?
    Quote Originally Posted by kells0n View Post
    Sturmführer Starlichen von Ragzonen, 2. SS-Panzer Division Das Reich
    The lovely Paladin (or Claymore) of the SEGA Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight Rage Zone View Post
    We already have too much Sonic in the game to add even more power ups!

I would say only one should be added, but the Rockets and Mines need to be themed on other SEGA franchises. I think JSRs Graffiti Spray should be a power up, so Beats All Star Move could do something else (or at least a longer lasting tag mark).
    I think Puyos would make interesting replacements for mines. But I don't know about the rockets. What can we use from SEGA's lore that canfly and home into something?

Aside from Omochao.
    Fnarf.

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    I think Puyos would make interesting replacements for mines. But I don't know about the rockets. What can we use from SEGA's lore that canfly and home into something?

Aside from Omochao.
    Isn't it obvious :P

http://www.texturemonkey.com/HCG/blo...ier3D_(11).jpg

Space Harrier Missles. They already had the franchise as a mini game world in the Tennis game...may as well.

I'm also for Puyo weapons. They should definitely be involved even if there's no playables from that series , they seem very destined as weapons for a game like this. Be it a sticky bomb , a weapon that bounces , or a slowdown. It'd work so well.

I'd also really love to see something wacky like a Streets of Rage power up where flames come out of your exhaust and leave small trails of flames behind for your opponents to crash into. (But I guess that could be used as an ASM trait too huh?)

I had this weird idea for an Altered Beast power up where it grants you invincibility and super speed like the Star Power Up in Mario Kart. Cept the icon is the Wolf Form and you just hear "POWER UP!" from the original game. IDK lol..

Also I have to agree , no more Sonic items X_X.
    Last edited by ChilliDogz; 03-18-2012 at 10:10 PM.