I'd first like to start out saying that this game is amazing, and I'm very glad that I bought it. The single player is amazing, and the multiplayer is aswell. But clearly, there are somethings that could be improved in the multiplayer department that will allow this game to flourish as much as we know it. There are a lot of things that this game is really doing right, but a few things stopping it from being perfect.
As a community, I hope we can come up with a list of changes we can suggest to Yakuza Studios/SEGA that they hopefully agree with. I've gone through a lot of the threads here to get an idea of the changes we'd like to see. I just think it's a better idea to put them all in a single thread to make it more accessible.
List of Improvments:
Please post any more improvements you can think of and we can decide if it should be added to the list. (along with that, we can also decide which things you disagree should be on the list)
- Slightly nerf the shotgun
- Kill stealing is a big problem, when a team mate kills an opponent that you put into "last stand", they should only get assist points, and not the kill. It really kills team spirit and cooperation when your teammates can steal your kill so easily and completely disregard your effort in getting a kill.
- The ability to create custom classes and change the default weapon of a class so that it's not based on the team you are on.
- Some sort of notification that there aren't enough players yet and you are waiting for a round to start. (aswell as a notification that the host needs to start the game when enough players enter)
- Spawn camping a team is too easy, there needs to be some sort of invincibility period when you spawn.
- Show the total number of players in a gamemode lobby (DM, TDM, etc) To make it easier to set up a game.
- More settings for gamemodes (looking for suggestions on what type of settings could be added)
- Allow keyboard typing in multiplayer. It's extremely hard to coordinate tactics in modes such as invasion and team survival with only 4 custom voice commands. And not everyone has a mic (or wants to have to use a mic for various reasons).
- Clans(more then just clan tags)
- Easy way to set up clan battles, or a tournament type mode.
- Ability to switch shoulder view
Also, is there a chance that SEGA will read this, or should this be emailed to the Yakuza team?