Thread: Aliens vs Predator stradegy game?

Post Aliens vs Predator stradegy game?

why not? I have met many people who agree with my vision, have an almost unique type of game in which you have the three factions, being Aliens, Humans and Predators and make a stradegy game, but with a twist seeing as almost every stradegy game has all the same general faction stuff but with a different look to the items within the three basi cunit types being air, infantry and vechile, so, why not harvest the factions abilities, seeing as predators never had ground vechiles, make it so, give them advanced air and the weakness of producing less units in play at a time (seeing as the are of few people) and make it so aliens can have small speedy groups to big bulky tank like ones ranging from acid spitters to harvesters and the abiltity to produce many more units in play at a time, then the humans, give them some air, heck maybe a shuttle or two and thier equivelent of land vechiles with a couple of marine groups thrown in with an ability to produce a rough halfway mark between the aliens masses and the predators few. Creating a truly unique AVP and a unique stradegy game.

Putting this on this kind of a scale will be a complete (excuse me) a*se-pull. Basically, you must re-invent Aliens completely (poor Giger), give some reasons for Preds not to annihilate rival civilizations once it comes to a full-scale war (which is suggested by traditional RTS gameplay) and overall bend the entire universe into unthinkable situation where such thing can be an interest of at least one race. You will end up with something painfully similar to SC (heck, even races are almost the same, except that the P-race will be more grimdark), nothing like AvP setting, and having great issues with license (latter is enough to stop any attempt of creating such a game).

Colonial Marines makes an effort to move towards more "strategic" gameplay, and it seems that it's the maximum that is possible to do for now (well, at least for human side).

Well, and to be honest, I can't even imagine AvP without thriller part, without combatants abusing three-dimensional space, dirty fighting, psychological warfare, personal approach - all those things that are a cornerstone of entire A, P and AvP series (species being one? nah, they are nothing without their classical approaches to warzone, you can't just put Aliens on RTS board, A+move with them and then convience people that they are the same cunny Aliens created by Giger that used to give them nightmares). Good luck packing this thing into RTS game, no matter how good it is. It's just not goona work.
    Last edited by Barrogh; 03-19-2012 at 12:35 PM.

@_Original Poster:

http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-versus-predator-extinction/reviews/aliens-versus-predator-extinction-review-6072955/

In spite of the seriously flawed AI pathing and poor ammount of stages (poor ammount of everything actually), the game should be fun for you as long as you like AVP. I still play It today from time to time. I think It is a good game, seriously flawed but still cool.

Gamespot was more than generous with that 7'2 out of ten. This game should have got a 5'5 more or less.

"We will survive Galm 1"

Senior Member Burning Strangers's Avatar

To be honest StarCraft could probably fill this role pretty well... Like every other scifi in existance it clearly takes some cliff notes from Aliens.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=152978&dateline=13270  09070
    ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
    BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL
    THAN OTHERS.

I think AVP extincton would be a good back bone, but, as almost all companies have said, we must rebuild from scratch, last year almost every game was new, with just old ideas in new systems, the only game that didnt do this was MW3 and the left the reward ceremony empty handed, I know what would needed to be done and how to go about doing it, if I was able to speak withany of the game producers and get them to help me piece to gether a sample or small demo, im sure, it would be a hit, I belive that this franchise as a game has so much untapped potential and an ability to scare people all over again in different ways, its right there but hasnt been touched by sega, yet