Thread: PSO2 coming to smart phones

Default PSO2 coming to smart phones

just announced on the press conference for PSO2 going on right now.

Last edited by ShadiWulf; 03-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    You are becoming hysterical. Running is dangerous. Why not ask me about Sevastopol safety protocols?

Banned

oh my god

there goes my grades and weekends

You're missing the bit where they said it will be a toned down single player only version.

here is the details on the mobile version, which will be for iOS and Android

Sega also says that the smartphone version will offer simpler character creation, and a simpler control experience, complete with social game elements. Sega says to expect a more "personal" and "simple" experience compared to the other two versions.

The PC version of PSO2 will be arriving first (as previously promised), with service planned to begin in early summer. The smartphone version will come next, in Winter 2012. The Vita version is due in Spring 2013.
    all versions will be free to play btw and share the same data, yay!
    You are becoming hysterical. Running is dangerous. Why not ask me about Sevastopol safety protocols?

http://kotaku.com/5896343/phantasy-s...on-smartphones

There's a bit more info there. Basically the smart phone version looks to be a single player game using your character data from the PC/Vita versions.

EDIT: Looking over threads at PSO-World, it appears that it's going to be an app that will let you chat with friends, manage your inventory, and play a single player mini-game with your character.
    Last edited by TrekkiesUnite118; 03-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    You're missing the bit where they said it will be a toned down single player only version.
    lol of course

Even if the phone version doesn't let you play missions with others, it could still be handy. If everything's on the same server you could manage your shop, do trades and answer in-game messages. It'd be nice if this made it out of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadiWulf View Post
    here is the details on the mobile Phone Service version, which will be for iOS and Android

Sega also says that the smartphone version will offer simpler character creation, and a simpler control experience, complete with social game elements. Sega says to expect a more "personal" and "simple" experience compared to the other two versions.

The PC version of PSO2 will be arriving first (as previously promised), with service planned to begin in early summer. The smartphone version will come next, in Winter 2012. The Vita version is due in Spring 2013.

all versions will be free to play btw and share the same data, yay!
    Do you think it will come to Windows Phone as well? I don't have an iPhone or Android device It would also be great if it integrated with my voip app and Business Voip System.

Thanks,

-Jeff James
    Voip Service Engineer
    Last edited by jeff1909; 06-11-2012 at 06:10 PM.