Thread: SEGA should use Kickstarter to fund the VC3 localization

Default SEGA should use Kickstarter to fund the VC3 localization

If the fan base of VC is large enough, then it should be possible to get the money needed for the translation.
    They could even follow the example of other developers: If they get more money than needed (for the text only translation), they could dub the voice action, or translate the text to languages other than English.

Think about it. It would be a Win-Win situation.
    SEGA does not have much of a financial risk in any case. And if it works, we could play the latest instalment of this great series.

Reply to this post, if you would like to see this happen.

Regards
    John

As much as I would love to see an English version of VC 3, Kickstarter is not for mega-corporation like SEGA. Kickstarter is for ingenuous individuals or small groups with no cash to support their product / idea. SEGA has enough money to do it. The fact that SEGA does not want to do it speaks volume of their interest and approach toward fan. As many others pointed out, with a decent campaign of information, there is no way they would lose money. Even people that donít usually play console games (like myself) would buy this one. And again taking my case as an example, I found out about VC just because somebody on a PC forum mentioned it, after many years of its initial release.

I would love for this to happen! You have my full support! *salutes*

Just put it on the PSN for the PSP/Vita with English subtitles and I'll be happy.

they wont though

This is also baffling me. Why not making a copy with subtitles? How much money that would cost??? Heck, they could just contact the Chinese guys who started the English patch (they'll never finish without proper incentives). It is really impossible to comprehend, except maybe they just don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by mbpopolano24 View Post
    This is also baffling me. Why not making a copy with subtitles? How much money that would cost??? Heck, they could just contact the Chinese guys who started the English patch (they'll never finish without proper incentives). It is really impossible to comprehend, except maybe they just don't give a damn.
    They don't. Abysmal sales of VC2 are keeping VC3 on the pictograph side of the Pacific, and I've vocallized several times that VC3 is basically a Western game with Western themes handled by a Japanese company.
    http://adf.ly/3pWyk Class E Chronicles Roleplay Forum - Click the link, and I'll get a penny, too!