Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

Talking SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222...source=twitter
    SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

Could it be...?

March 30, 2012

Fresh on the heels of the announcement of SEGA's serious financial hardship comes interesting news for fans of the company's Valkyria Chronicles series.

According to Andriasang, SEGA has trademarked the title "Valkyria Duel" in Japan. Whether or not this game is associated with SEGA's well-known Valkyria franchise remains to be seen, and it's unknown if SEGA intends on releasing a game with this title at all, or is simply protecting a possible future foray into widening the series.

The Valkyria series began on PlayStation 3 with Valkyria Chronicles in 2008. Two years later, in 2010, its sequel came to PSP in the form of Valkyria Chronicles II. Valkyria Chronicles III came to PSP in Japan in 2011, though there are currently no plans to bring it to the west.

We've reached out to SEGA for official comment and will update this story when we hear back.
    Well for those who thought the series was potentially dead in japan... that calm your fears?

On that note for the die hard fans looks like we got another game to potentially import lol

Definitely something worth paying attention to.

...hoping this isn't some April Fool's joke though.

You are on fire.

I highly doubt this is an April Fools joke. It's too cruel even for Sega.

Anyway, I'm already super excited! Judging by the name of the trademark, I think it might be some sort of mashup game where every character in the series goes up against each other in pure BLiTZ combat!

Quote Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
    I highly doubt this is an April Fools joke. It's too cruel even for Sega.

Anyway, I'm already super excited! Judging by the name of the trademark, I think it might be some sort of mashup game where every character in the series goes up against each other in pure BLiTZ combat!
    I think it's more likely a social game or something. I don't know if I would expect a spinoff at a time like this.

You are on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by TGT View Post
    I think it's more likely a social game or something. I don't know if I would expect a spinoff at a time like this.
    I tend to agree or mobile gaming. I'm surprised that VC hasn't made the jump across with the controls not being such an problem.

I certainly hope its a new game but I thought about the duel meaning recently... It could be a combo pack for vita or psp that combines 2 and 3 in one package. Keep in mind the spelling duel here is for the combat however it could be possible the duel part was mistranslated as these sources are coming from japan.

You know I'm not sure how I'd feel about it being a mobile game. I mean every VC game has been on a Sony platform, which has made it easy for me to keep up with the series. If SEGA starts to change platforms, what are the odds of the other consoles like the Wii U, and Xbox 720 getting VC game exclusives?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman064 View Post
    I certainly hope its a new game but I thought about the duel meaning recently... It could be a combo pack for vita or psp that combines 2 and 3 in one package. Keep in mind the spelling duel here is for the combat however it could be possible the duel part was mistranslated as these sources are coming from japan.
    I would imagine the Japanese word for "duel" would be much different than the word for "dual".

You are on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman064 View Post
    I highly doubt Sega would trademark "Valkyria Duel" just for a combo pack. So I guess the worst news that can come out of this is if this game is going to be a cell phone game. However, Sega did say that they wanted to keep the Valkyria Chronicles series on PlayStation hardware, and it doesn't sound like a Valkyria Chronicles game would work well on a cell phone, even in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
    I highly doubt Sega would trademark "Valkyria Duel" just for a combo pack. So I guess the worst news that can come out of this is if this game is going to be a cell phone game. However, Sega did say that they wanted to keep the Valkyria Chronicles series on PlayStation hardware, and it doesn't sound like a Valkyria Chronicles game would work well on a cell phone, even in Japan.
    You be surprised, I see all sorts of games in Japan going to phones. Before Crisis for one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast