Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

  1. #1
    Senior Member Cartman064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,464

    Talking SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

    Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222...source=twitter
    SEGA Trademarks Valkyria Duel

    Could it be...?

    March 30, 2012

    Fresh on the heels of the announcement of SEGA's serious financial hardship comes interesting news for fans of the company's Valkyria Chronicles series.

    According to Andriasang, SEGA has trademarked the title "Valkyria Duel" in Japan. Whether or not this game is associated with SEGA's well-known Valkyria franchise remains to be seen, and it's unknown if SEGA intends on releasing a game with this title at all, or is simply protecting a possible future foray into widening the series.

    The Valkyria series began on PlayStation 3 with Valkyria Chronicles in 2008. Two years later, in 2010, its sequel came to PSP in the form of Valkyria Chronicles II. Valkyria Chronicles III came to PSP in Japan in 2011, though there are currently no plans to bring it to the west.

    We've reached out to SEGA for official comment and will update this story when we hear back.
    Well for those who thought the series was potentially dead in japan... that calm your fears?

    On that note for the die hard fans looks like we got another game to potentially import lol

  2. #2
    Senior Member TGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Definitely something worth paying attention to.

    ...hoping this isn't some April Fool's joke though.

    You are on fire.

  3. #3
    Senior Member UNIT0918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Squad 422
    Posts
    851

    Default

    I highly doubt this is an April Fools joke. It's too cruel even for Sega.

    Anyway, I'm already super excited! Judging by the name of the trademark, I think it might be some sort of mashup game where every character in the series goes up against each other in pure BLiTZ combat!

  4. #4
    Senior Member TGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
    I highly doubt this is an April Fools joke. It's too cruel even for Sega.

    Anyway, I'm already super excited! Judging by the name of the trademark, I think it might be some sort of mashup game where every character in the series goes up against each other in pure BLiTZ combat!
    I think it's more likely a social game or something. I don't know if I would expect a spinoff at a time like this.

    You are on fire.

  5. #5
    Junior Member varsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London, U.K.
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TGT View Post
    I think it's more likely a social game or something. I don't know if I would expect a spinoff at a time like this.
    I tend to agree or mobile gaming. I'm surprised that VC hasn't made the jump across with the controls not being such an problem.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cartman064's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    I certainly hope its a new game but I thought about the duel meaning recently... It could be a combo pack for vita or psp that combines 2 and 3 in one package. Keep in mind the spelling duel here is for the combat however it could be possible the duel part was mistranslated as these sources are coming from japan.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    You know I'm not sure how I'd feel about it being a mobile game. I mean every VC game has been on a Sony platform, which has made it easy for me to keep up with the series. If SEGA starts to change platforms, what are the odds of the other consoles like the Wii U, and Xbox 720 getting VC game exclusives?

  8. #8
    Senior Member TGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman064 View Post
    I certainly hope its a new game but I thought about the duel meaning recently... It could be a combo pack for vita or psp that combines 2 and 3 in one package. Keep in mind the spelling duel here is for the combat however it could be possible the duel part was mistranslated as these sources are coming from japan.
    I would imagine the Japanese word for "duel" would be much different than the word for "dual".

    You are on fire.

  9. #9
    Senior Member UNIT0918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Squad 422
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman064 View Post
    I certainly hope its a new game but I thought about the duel meaning recently... It could be a combo pack for vita or psp that combines 2 and 3 in one package. Keep in mind the spelling duel here is for the combat however it could be possible the duel part was mistranslated as these sources are coming from japan.
    I highly doubt Sega would trademark "Valkyria Duel" just for a combo pack. So I guess the worst news that can come out of this is if this game is going to be a cell phone game. However, Sega did say that they wanted to keep the Valkyria Chronicles series on PlayStation hardware, and it doesn't sound like a Valkyria Chronicles game would work well on a cell phone, even in Japan.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Dollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
    I highly doubt Sega would trademark "Valkyria Duel" just for a combo pack. So I guess the worst news that can come out of this is if this game is going to be a cell phone game. However, Sega did say that they wanted to keep the Valkyria Chronicles series on PlayStation hardware, and it doesn't sound like a Valkyria Chronicles game would work well on a cell phone, even in Japan.
    You be surprised, I see all sorts of games in Japan going to phones. Before Crisis for one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •