Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonder boy collection is real! is also coming to ps3!

Default Wonder boy collection is real! is also coming to ps3!

While retro game collections are in vogue, Sega has been re-releasing their games since the Sega Saturn. Classics like Fantasy Zone, After Burner, and Space Harrier were re-released under the Sega Ages label. Sega continued this on the PlayStation 2 with remakes like Phantasy Star Generation 1 and a sweet collection of Treasure games in the Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box.

The Sega Ages series ended with Fantasy Zone Collection, but Sega is bringing back and bringing it online. Six titles were announced for the Sega Ages Online selection: Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Revenge of Shinobi, Super Hang-On, Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World, and Monster World IV. Each game is a faithful port with a few extras like worldwide online rankings in trial mode, save states, and a jukebox. Super Hang-On also has 3D TV support. Also, Monster World IV will be localized in English for the first time.

The six Sega Ages games will be released for 600 yen ($7.25) each on PlayStation Network. On Xbox 360, the games will be sold in bundles. The Monster World Collection includes the three Wonder Boy games and the Sega Classics Collection has the other three titles. Each bundle is 800 Microsoft Points ($10) and both are slated for release this spring.
    source

Screenshots (ps3)

Screenshots (360)

Just a shame that Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap isn't included, it's arguably the best of them all
    Signatures sucks, especially signature images. Which is why I have them off, so I never see the blasted things.

I've never played this series and i am highly considering buying it at some point down the road now that it is re-releasing for psn/xbla. (And also the fact that it is NOT included in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection which i have)

How good is it, what's it about, what do u do, etc?

How much will it cost on xbla?

Any reason why the PS3 version is much more expensive then the xbla counterpart?

One of the best news I've heard all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddo View Post
    Just a shame that Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap isn't included, it's arguably the best of them all
    Yeah, I had tons of fun with that game when I finally found it.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post
    Any reason why the PS3 version is much more expensive then the xbla counterpart?
    Eh, costs of conversion to the PS3 system no doubt.
    This forum is so utterly craptastic, I'm outta here.

Seriously? I doubt it. They are both emulation shells that Sega already has premade. It was practically a push of a button to recompile. Sega is going to have some skewed sales numbers and think PSN sells worse, when in reality, they are causing the sales shift themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post
    Probably the same reason why the PS3 version is much less expensive than the Wii Virtual Console counterpart.
    Signatures sucks, especially signature images. Which is why I have them off, so I never see the blasted things.

Hello, this is my first post here. I would like to know if there are any plans of bringing the XBLA/PSN Sega collections to the PS Vita. Most of these games I own in cartridge and/or in Sega Ultimate Megadrive collection but I would LOVE to be able to play them (especially the Wonder Boy ones) on the Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Ver View Post
    Hello, this is my first post here. I would like to know if there are any plans of bringing the XBLA/PSN Sega collections to the PS Vita. Most of these games I own in cartridge and/or in Sega Ultimate Megadrive collection but I would LOVE to be able to play them (especially the Wonder Boy ones) on the Vita.
    Well there is Sega Genesis Collection for the PSP that is playable on Vita, if not through the PS Store, then via a PS3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast