Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this game canned for North America?

Default Is this game canned for North America?

SEGA recently revealed that games from major franchises are NOT coming to North America unless published by 3rd parties. Does this mean Rhythm Thief is no longer coming until picked up by another company?

Come on Nintendo! Publish the game!

All of this could have been fine if the release wasn't pushed back to about 3 months later.....

"This forum is not beautiful. Therefore, it is."
    I'm usually sarcastic, by the way.

Well, Rhythm Thief has been worked for about a year now. The english version is likely complete, and the game will be released soon. So, the way I see it is, they might as well sell it, because its nearly finished. Canning it now would just sink them deeper into the red and anger fans.

The delay has me scared though.

I've been keeping an eye on this game ever since it was announced. I joined after hearing all the bad news about SoA today, and to let my voice be heard in saying that I sincerely hope that this game is still on track for a release here in the states. It'd break my heart, because I adore rhythm games! From Ouendan to Miku, I love 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinpachi View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on this game ever since it was announced. I joined after hearing all the bad news about SoA today, and to let my voice be heard in saying that I sincerely hope that this game is still on track for a release here in the states. It'd break my heart, because I adore rhythm games! From Ouendan to Miku, I love 'em all.
    You aren't alone. I'm a huge fan of Rhythm Thief too. It looks so super.

Maybe it was just me, but I also felt a bit of a Lupin vibe from the game that had me excited too. Music, setting, and a thief! It will really be such a shame if this doesn't come over.

Well, Nintendo is distributing it in Europe so, if SEGA really doesn't want to distribute this game, I have hope that Nintendo will. The english version is likely very close to completion anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Well, Nintendo is distributing it in Europe so, if SEGA really doesn't want to distribute this game, I have hope that Nintendo will. The english version is likely very close to completion anyways.
    I guess so. I mean, NoA is distributing Spirit Camera of all things, so there's always some hope to be had.

Well I hope not. I'm a big fan of rhythm games and I was really looking forward to see this game on sale.
    Now Playing: A random game on a console or PC
    PSN ID: NeoSkyte
    Xbox Gamertag: AlphaSkyte
    3DS Friend Code: 3995-6511-8618

I would be really disappointed if the game got canned. I love the game too much to see it that way. (I will probably import the UK version sometime though...I am NOT waiting 3 months!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast