Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff

Default Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff

Hi everyone. This topic is mainly for the mods, since this is kind of a message I want to pass to SEGA.

Like many fans around the world, I too have gotten myself quite hyped when the Phantasy Star Classics were being remade for PS2, even if low-budget, they looked great and made me get more into the whole series when until then I only knew of the PSO series.

I was truly hoping for an english version of the games to be released so I could get all the story and stuff from them, specially PS4Remake.
    But then AGES went down, the english version got cancelled and even PS4 Remake went into limbo...
    That really broke my heart.

So what I'm trying to get through in here is that, please SEGA, remake PS4 and release the trilogy in english, there's many people who wants those games in a language they can understand.
    It could be a PSN title for PSP or PS3, even XBox LIVE & Steam would be great bets, I'm sure of it.
    There's even talking of possible fan-translations of the games but the real deal is always best, I guess.

Also, there are three online petitions created to ask signatures of fans of the Generation Games who wish to see the project finished and released outside Japan...
    Phantasy Star Collection
    PS4Remake / PSG Games English Localization
    Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Petition.

As well as this topic, all people interested can go there and leave your signature.

I really wanna keep hoping this little dream of mine can become real...
    Last edited by XRick; 04-25-2012 at 03:31 AM.

I totally agree with you, even if I would prefer seeing this game on 3DS personally. Simply make it multi-platform so all fans can be happy.

Phantasy Star is my favorite series of games, and I was sooooo sad to see those great PS Generation games not being released in english. And I also love the third episode. Rieko Kodama is still at Sega, so they should allow here to make such remakes/compilation or why not, a new Phantasy Star game.

See the classics on PSVITA or 3DS would make my day!!
    Me: So you are the creators of the Mother Brain. You are hardly what we expected!

Stranger: "We are not people of Algo..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cireza View Post
    I totally agree with you, even if I would prefer seeing this game on 3DS personally. Simply make it multi-platform so all fans can be happy.

Phantasy Star is my favorite series of games, and I was sooooo sad to see those great PS Generation games not being released in english. And I also love the third episode. Rieko Kodama is still at Sega, so they should allow here to make such remakes/compilation or why not, a new Phantasy Star game.
    PSIII, if I'm not mistaken, has been set as a side-story to the main classic series. A new PS game, on the line of the Classics, I'm not sure if there'll be anything like that anytime soon...
    Last edited by XRick; 04-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Is no one interested in joining the cause?
    I really thought it'd go way better than this...

There are two online petitions created to ask signatures of fans of the Generation Games who wish to see the project finished and released outside Japan...
    Here's the links: Phantasy Star Collection & PS4Remake / PSG Games English Localization.

As well as this topic, all people interested can go there and leave your signature.

a fellow of infinite jest. Edward@Sega's Avatar

Thanks XRick for making this and pointing me here. I'm always happy to see & respond to fan love for Phantasy Star, especially the old-school stuff. I have an obvious vested interest in the series but even more than that, I've been a fan since, like, 1987, when this ad showed up in my SEGA magazine:

I of course can't comment on anything that isn't announced. And I don't know of any plans for re-releases or re-makes, and I can't ever say "yes we'll do that" because I'm not in a position to decide what games do or don't get made (though I will always be happy to put in a good word for stuff that I'm fond of and that I know there's support for).

I can say that there's plenty in the future for Phantasy Star. That's safe to say: this is a series that has now seen games released across four decades (!!!) and that continued success & popularity certainly makes it likely we will continue to see both new games and re-releases of old games. Do you realize that Phantasy Star is not just the longest running SEGA series, but one of the longest running video game series, period? Up there with Dragon Warrior and Mario and Final Fantasy.

I also agree that seeing not just re-releases but "re-done" versions of games is something fans are very appreciative of; that doesn't mean it can happen for every single game people want it for, but it does mean we know it's a desirable option.

PSIV was terrific, you won't find me arguing against that, either. Actually it's been a long time since I've played it -- I should give it another whirl. I should say that it is a pretty massive game, which means a significant undertaking (even just for a re-release), which means a lot to consider. All that comes down to dollars and cents and other things I'm not qualified to discuss.

And again, I have to say, we have *no current plans* to remake or re-release any of these games. Sorry to put that in bold but I don't want to come here and give anyone the wrong idea just by talking about stuff. If we do have plans for anything, we'll announce it officially, but I won't ever be able to confirm anything before that time through here.

But I appreciate the love for Phantasy Star (especially the original series) and definitely am happy to respond to folks on here about it.

Thanks, Edward@Sega, for answering to my topic, I really appreciate it.

It's great to know that there's such a great PS fan inside SEGA and, yes, I knew quite well that Phantasy Star have it's mark in the history of gaming, and that's great.

Now... It's too sad SEGA didn't complete the Phantasy Star Generation Games Trilogy, I was so eager to see the remake of PS4, the revamped character arts, the new game system, the anime cutscene stills, the rewritten storyline, all of it...
    And not only that, the fact the two existing Generation Games haven't been released in english is even more frustrating...

Of course I also love PSO & PSU and I'm waiting for PSO2 to come out, but I also wanted to see SEGA give some more determined loving to the Classic Remakes...

BTW, Edward@Sega... Do you, by any chance, have or know where I could search for the full-body character arts of PSG:1 cast?
    PSG:2 official site had all the cast's character arts and I love them, then I searched like mad for PSG:1's and... nothing...

Anyway, thanks for your time in reading all of this.

Edward@Sega : I have many things to say in response to your post.

First of all, it is great to see such a great fan of the series. I have also been playing it since the very beginning, and the four main games of the series are my favorite games ever, that is as simple as this.

Of course it is always a sad thing to hear that Sega does not have plans for remakes or re-releases. I was not hoping to hear something else to be honest. What is important to me is that Sega know that there is a lot of interest for such things, and it has been so for a long time now.

Concerning Phantasy Star IV, it is indeed a massive game with a lot of content, and I have always thought that it was going to be a major problem to remake this one, because yes, it requires a lot of money.

Finally I wonder if Rieko Kodama would be interested in working on remakes/re-release of the original games.

Quote Originally Posted by XRick View Post
    Hi there everyone.
    This topic is mainly for the mods, since this is kind of a message I want to pass to SEGA.

Like many, many fans around the world, I too have gotten myself quite hyped when the Phantasy Star Classics were being remade for PS2, even if low-budget, they looked great and made me get more into the whole series when until then I only knew of the PSO series.

I was truly hoping for an english version of the games to be released so I could get all the story and stuff from them, specially PS4 Remake.

But then...
    AGES went down, the english version got cancelled and even PS4 Remake went into limbo...
    That really broke my heart.

So what I'm trying to get through in here is that, please SEGA, remake PS4 and release the trilogy in english, there's many people who wants those games in a language they can understand.
    It could be a PSN downloadable game for PSP or even PS3 as well, it'd be great.
    There's even talking of possible fan-translations of the games but the real deal is always best.

I really wanna keep hoping this little dream of mine can become real...
    the good thing is, that if Sega does make 3 and 4, they can address some issues that the remakes have.
    I waited over half a decade for re-makes and I was happy with the character designs, music and most elements...but the backgrounds in part 2 are very very poor and seeing as how PS always ALWAYS capitalized in stellar backgrounds (except for part 2 for its memory limitations) its a shame they skimped on the BG. It comes down to budget and deadlines which I am aware of, but ITS PHANTASY STAR! If its one series other then Sonic, that Sega should not skimp on, its Phantasy Star! and no I disagree with you completely, Sega should not release any CARP! just for the sake of releasing it...Look at what happened to Sonic<<(Colors was amazing 4 the record)

I am calling it.... Sega will CHOOSE to miss the opportunity and a fan or fan group will release what should have always been, a quality made PS. Fans did it with Sonic and and PS isn't that far fetched from a fan made project. Sega should exceed what the public can do in this case and remake 4 so its up to par with remakes such as FF4 on DS or Lunar on the PSP.

Get Arc Systems to animate (NOT DESIGN), get Kodoma behind the project and deliver one of the pinnacles in the 2D RPG realm...

PS deserved it back then, it deserves it now.
    Last edited by bitmaster; 04-11-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast