Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo responds to the Wii u power rumors

Quote Originally Posted by ARingcade View Post
    CPU: IBM Power Architecture-based multi-core 45 nm microprocessor based on the POWER7 architecture found in the Watson supercomputer.
    GPU: Custom-designed AMD Radeon HD similar to the Radeon R700 architecture.(<---based on this it would be nearly impossible, unless they completely neuter or mutilate the card to be graphically inferior to any current gen system)

And these are not new sources either, these have been known for a while. Just nobody knows EXACT specs, but has a pretty good idea.

Sources: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26618 (IBM processor)
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/i...intendo-wii-u/ (IBM Processor)
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/14/w...ul-than-ps3-a/ (AMD GPU)
    So then how does that compare to the 360 and PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games consoles. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt The Cat View Post
    So then how does that compare to the 360 and PS3?
    Graphically speaking, the current known basis of the Wii U GPU is 3 years ahead of that of the 360 and PS3 at just baseline.

The R700's(4000) were the competitors to Nvidia's GTX 200 series, I believe. You can max Crysis on it, that I'm sure of. Even the Witcher 2 I think(assuming you have the high end cards, or enthusiast).

Graphically speaking, the current known basis of the Wii U GPU is 3 years ahead of that of the 360 and PS3 at just baseline.

The R700's(4000) were the competitors to Nvidia's GTX 200 series, I believe. You can max Crysis on it, that I'm sure of. Even the Witcher 2 I think(assuming you have the high end cards, or enthusiast).
    In English, please. All I want to know is, would the Wii U be able to play something like Unleashed/Generations?

I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games consoles. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

In English, please. All I want to know is, would the Wii U be able to play something like Unleashed/Generations?
    Of course it will be able to handle Generations/Unleashed fine. The bulk of the Hedgehog Engine's graphics are artistry and Art direction, which don't usually take much to power.

Of course it will be able to handle Generations/Unleashed fine. The bulk of the Hedgehog Engine's graphics are artistry and Art direction, which don't usually take much to power.
    That's all I care about, that Nintendo doesn't get some severely downgraded port of current gen Sonic games.

That's all I care about, that Nintendo doesn't get some severely downgraded port of current gen Sonic games.
    Oh, but they will.

You see how excited Iizuka-san is for next generation consoles, the big 25th anniversary game will be PS4/XBOX Next exclusive, just watch.
    You are becoming hysterical. Running is dangerous. Why not ask me about Sevastopol safety protocols?

"But they will."

Implies that you know precisely what it will take to run the next generation of Sonic games.

And based on your posting history, you don't have a clue. Therefore, you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    I couldn't put a finger on it before but I now know what you remind me of; one of those toys where you pull the string and phrases are spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumines View Post
    "But they will."

Implies that you know precisely what it will take to run the next generation of Sonic games.

And based on your posting history, you don't have a clue. Therefore, you don't.
    But i do know, Iizuka-san likes power. That is why he had no trouble scrapping the Wii version of Sonic Generations, it was limiting his vision.
    You are becoming hysterical. Running is dangerous. Why not ask me about Sevastopol safety protocols?

You don't; drop the idle speculation and over-analysis of everything he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    I couldn't put a finger on it before but I now know what you remind me of; one of those toys where you pull the string and phrases are spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadiWulf View Post
    Oh, but they will.

You see how excited Iizuka-san is for next generation consoles, the big 25th anniversary game will be PS4/XBOX Next exclusive, just watch.
    Of course they will. If current rumours hold true, both Sony and MS consoles have some form of near dual GPU config. 2012 DX11 GPU's with full support for tesselation unlike Wii U's single 2008 DX10.1 GPU. There's a big chance the next major title for 25th anniversary won't even run on Wii U.

Proud Member of XBOX Police Force

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast