Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga remake

Default Panzer Dragoon Saga remake

If Panzer Dragoon Saga was remade it would have to be complete fresh start.
    Apparently the original code was lost.
    I don't think this should be an issue as it would need a total update anyway and a complete recoding as the game is over 10 years old.
    I can see a few problems with a potential remake.
    Who ever remakes it would either change it so much from the original that it would not do it justice in the eyes of the fans of this game and end up just being another RPG like any other.
    On the other hand they could try to replicate it as closely as possible and it would almost be a graphics update of the original. This would make it boring to play through for anyone who has played the original.
    There would be a huge challenge to keep what makes this game great but update it enough with different content and level layouts and maybe a larger more interactive world to make it interesting and worthwhile for fans of the original and to update it enough to get new interest.
    As it stands I would live a remake of this fantastic game but if there ever was it could be a real disappointment if not done correctly.

As this game is unlikely to get a remake this is pure speculation.
    What do you think? What would need to be kept from the original?
    Would it be worth a remake or would it be a disappointment?

Should be a straight remake, given the availability status of the original more people haven't experienced it over those who did. The Valkyria Chronicles team should handle the remake, outsourcing would be a bad idea here.

New sig under construction
    Tumblr

Saga is probably one title that will probably stay buried on the Saturn. Sega isn't going to spend time porting or remaking a game from a series that probably most main-stream gamers aren't overly familiar with. Best you can hope for is that new PD-esque Kinect game that's being worked on.

Doesn't need be a remake...
    But for PSN would be nice...

It would be nice for a xbox 360 remake

I'd rather have Panzer Dragoon HD Collection (PD + Zwei + Orta) for PS3 / Xbox 360

love this game i request only it be hd. no remake tho
    and also panzerdragoon saga 2

I'm pretty sure Sega lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon Saga. Idk if that would affect a remake but it would be really nice for it to appear on more consoles.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=101096&dateline=12881  32913

That was the rumor that the data was loss but its loss was mentioned when Working Designs worked on their last Saturn game Magic Knight Rayearth and is rumored to have part of its code mixed in. I think thats the story anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sega lost the source code to Panzer Dragoon Saga. Idk if that would affect a remake but it would be really nice for it to appear on more consoles.
    People keep bring up the lost code for this game whenever a remake thread here starts but the game is old enough now that I'm not sure why you'd use the original source code for a remake. At this point you'd probably want to remake it from the ground up.

We're not talking about just upscaling some last generation game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast