Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Nintendo 3DS outsells every Sony console.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfan523 View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind: These are Japanese sales, where Nintendo dominates all.
    The DS and Wii sold great in the US so i don't see your point.
    Princess Vital is the best console-tan, if you believe otherwise you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic56 View Post
    Considering it didn't happen with the PSP i guess that won't happen.
    The thing is PSP was different. PSP was very successful when it came out and for the first year or so, some people thought it would dominate the DS. Then after PS3 was released, Sony practically gave up on the PSP for no apparent reason except to focus on PS3. They tried a last minute re-marketing campaign a few years later when they got that Markus Rivers kid and tried to turn the PSP from something that was competing with the iPod into a '90s Sega device, but it was too late. The PSP also had a problem where it was getting a ton of lazy PS2 ports. UMD as both a movie format and disc format bombed. At best PSP was a terrible multimedia device, but an okay game system. I think PSP had trouble finding an identity, whereas the DS was a dedicated game system that had it's own identity and wasn't just seen as a little brother of the GameCube or Wii.

PS Vita has a problem right now with the lack of must have games (although the games available for the system are by no means terrible), the price, and the fact that just like GameCUbe after the N64, Vita is living in the shadows of the PSP. Unlike PSP at it's launch, many are already judging Vita by looking at PSP, which is a shame because I think Vita would be a good dedicated game system.

Bone check!!!!!!
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    SEN: Pirovash88 Gamertag: Pirovash88 Nintendo Network ID: Pirovash88 Steam: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Hunting sand whales for their tusks. What? I mean... Apples, apples apples apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkism 13 View Post
    PS Vita has a problem right now with the lack of must have games (although the games available for the system are by no means terrible), the price, and the fact that just like GameCUbe after the N64, Vita is living in the shadows of the PSP. Unlike PSP at it's launch, many are already judging Vita by looking at PSP, which is a shame because I think Vita would be a good dedicated game system.
    It can also be attributed to taking one step forward and then two backward in general. Good move in going with carts, bad move in making them require a pricey proprietary memory card to save and to even boot up certain games. Also, spamming system updates as usual is just annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Balough View Post
    I can see Episode II is going to be a cakewalk for me. Well I'll just set myself on fire now and get a head start....

PSV isn't doomed; it just hasn't got its "Mario Title" like the 3DS had last year.

While I have no interest in Vita, I also must say that it makes me sad that it hasn't sold as much; the devices seems to have many features to be missed; but we just need to wait until Square announces its new Kingdom Hearts on the system and it'll rocket up in the Japanese sky .

May the Vita live better than the PSP, just as the 3DS is trying to beat the DS (and I don't mean on sales).
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadiWulf View Post
    some people need to stop jumping to conclusions and just wait and see

PSV isn't doomed; it just hasn't got its "Mario Title" like the 3DS had last year
    Sony doesn't have a Mario title....
    but we just need to wait until Square announces its new Kingdom Hearts on the system and it'll rocket up in the Japanese sky
    Since the game will most likely be a spin-off, it wouldn't do too much. Just look at Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

Now if you said Monster Hunter 4, then I could see it bouncing off the charts.

By Mario title I meant a title that would sell millions for being X title: a title that always delivers .

Quote Originally Posted by Davy~Rush! View Post
    By Mario title I meant a title that would sell millions for being X title: a title that always delivers .
    Exactly, Sony doesn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    I see what you did there. :P

Still, good games may come from the Vita; and I hope a decent Sonic one comes too .

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSaver View Post
    LittleBigPlanet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    I couldn't put a finger on it before but I now know what you remind me of; one of those toys where you pull the string and phrases are spoken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123