Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unleashed porting to Generations

Better yet, port the entire Unleashed game over to PC and release for digital download for $15.
    That way PC players get to play Unleashed and SEGA doesn't have to go to the trouble of remaking sections of it.

Profit for hardly any work, SEGA should hire me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pipsam View Post
    Better yet, port the entire Unleashed game over to PC and release for digital download for $15.
    That way PC players get to play Unleashed and SEGA doesn't have to go to the trouble of remaking sections of it.

Profit for hardly any work, SEGA should hire me.
    Porting the entire game to PC seems impossible and even if it is possible then it might be a dirty port because of its controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening View Post
    Porting the entire game to PC seems impossible and even if it is possible then it might be a dirty port because of its controls.
    What would make it impossible?

As for dirty ports? Well it can't be as bad as RAGE :P
    "I would give up, but I guess my head doesn't want to do it" - Tails "Miles" Powers

What would make it impossible?

As for dirty ports? Well it can't be as bad as RAGE :P
    Think about it. The Playstation 2 version pull off as much performance as much as some of the highest perfromance computers out there. Very few are able to play games that performed on the X360/PS3.

Anyway...what I am really saying is that porting Sonic Unleashed is possible but it can be impossible depending on how advanced the PCs are.

I hate Generations. But I do love Unleashed.
    dude
    no matter wat dude
    just
    belev n ur hart

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening View Post
    Think about it. The Playstation 2 version pull off as much performance as much as some of the highest perfromance computers out there. Very few are able to play games that performed on the X360/PS3.
    I can see what you're trying to say, but I disagree.
    360/PS3 is SIX year old hardware, most computers can easily surpass it.
    As for your comment about PS2, well the PS2 is over TEN years old, if a computer can't match it, no offence but it needs an upgrade.
    "I would give up, but I guess my head doesn't want to do it" - Tails "Miles" Powers

I can see what you're trying to say, but I disagree.
    360/PS3 is SIX year old hardware, most computers can easily surpass it.
    As for your comment about PS2, well the PS2 is over TEN years old, if a computer can't match it, no offence but it needs an upgrade.
    dude, stop talking, if you don't know you saying, ok? if you saying, that every computer can easily surrpas it :
    A)try to emulate x360/PS3 or PS2, THEN TALK!
    b)comparise multi-platfrom titles on ALL 3 PLATFORMS, (Mass Effect 3 for example), THEN TALK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before you say something about that how I write, try to understand that I'm from Poland, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by GravityLoL View Post
    dude, stop talking, if you don't know you saying, ok? if you saying, that every computer can easily surrpas it :
    b)comparise multi-platfrom titles on ALL 3 PLATFORMS, (Mass Effect 3 for example), THEN TALK
    I don't think he's saying that every computer can surpass it; I think he means that any relatively recent computer should be able to surpass it.
    A) How would that prove anything? A modern computer might have trouble with that (which I would doubt), but that's because it would be running an entire virtual system (simulating that system's hardware if necessary) within the system it's already running.
    B) I think it's a fairly logical conclusion that if a computer can't match the performance of 10-year-old console, it needs to be upgraded. Also, any gaming computer built within the last couple of years should be able to surpass the XBox 360 or the PS3, which were released longer ago than that. Comparing the same game on multiple platforms shouldn't be necessary.

Guys, porting a game and emulating a system are two entirely different things.
    My computer can't emulate 360 games but it can play some of their steam ports.
    Be respectful, think about what you say, be a good person and THEN TALK.
    Last edited by Kevassa; 04-12-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Moving on...Dario FF, Twilightzoney, and Chimera the guys responsible are actually close to porting Unleashed stages to PC Generations. The stages they done so far are Windmill Isle, Rooftop Run, Dragon Road, Arid Sands, Savannah Citadel, and Skyscraper Scamper.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast